|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Rare|
|Commander Anthology (CMT)||Rare|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Rare|
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Rare|
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Rare|
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Rare|
|Portal Second Age (P02)||Rare|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Rare|
|Fourth Edition (4ED)||Rare|
|Revised Edition (3ED)||Rare|
|Unlimited Edition (2ED)||Rare|
|Collector's Edition (CED)||Rare|
|International Collector's Edition (CEI)||Rare|
|Limited Edition Beta (LEB)||Rare|
|Limited Edition Alpha (LEA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Earthquake deals X damage to each creature without flying and each player.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (25)||geazykagar , Dr_Jay , Nemesis , Venser_the_Sojoner , Wolfebladeelite , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Ashy , acbooster , sonnet666 , bakeraj4 , ironax , Bad_Dog , shinobigarth , , angesoir , Reliva , DarkMagician , Swamy , pskinn01 , rockleemyhero , mziter501 , miracle , Thunderbeard , MattN7498 , golgarigirl|
1 day ago
Interesting. I like the extra combat steps because it helps mitigate Ruhan's drawback. If you attack everyone until they're dead, you narrow your combat down quickly.
The only thing is that you're going to have to probably take the hard way to figure out just how many combat tricks/pumps you really need to keep the deck humming and have room for things that will keep you alive.
Soulfire Grand Master is a boss and I'd almost want to add another burn spell or two, just to make the most of out the buyback ability. Earthquake would actually be hilarious since I can imagine Ruhan causing them with his charging into combat and if it has lifelink you wouldn't die from it. Also, Archetype of Imagination might be worth looking into if you go the 'quake route.
1 day ago
For added cuts, drop Oath of Gideon (it's not terrible but only one additional counter isn't that big of a deal), and Kiora, the Crashing Wave. She's... all right, but not incredible.
For Firesong and Sunspeaker, I like the idea of running about 35 lands, 12 or so mana rocks (Fire Diamond and the like), and then cards like Earthquake, Rolling Earthquake, Brightflame, Deflecting Palm, etc.. Treasonous Ogre will be a good addition too. Stuff like Test of Endurance and the like would be awesome with a Commander that can gain silly amounts of life from a single Blasphemous Act or Star of Extinction.
I wouldn't bother with a lot of straight up "Gain life" spells. Survival Cache may work, since it can pretty easily function as a draw engine + Bolt something each turn.
Though, that's a deck steeped pretty heavy in creature hate so if your group is super competitive and not running creatures... then I have no idea.
3 days ago
multimedia no worries! Thank you so so much for the help!
I checked out your elf deck, awesome coding! And is that Quenya from Lord of the Rings I see? Respect!
I was wondering if you'd be okay if I posted your comments and my following response on my deck page; I like to have everything in one place and the comments don't delete there as they do on the wall. let me know!
Now, to respond to all the suggestions! Again thank you for the advice!
First off I'd like to mention that I'm not a huge fan of most X-spells, and I wanted to stray away from them somewhat because I know that's what many people are going to to with F&S. I understand the value of X-spells with F&S is huge here, but they kinda need a ton of mana pumped into them, and I don't think Boros can consistently do that. In situations where I can't get Neheb, the Eternal to stick they become less effective, even if X = 10 and I gain 100+ life, it doesn't seem worth it to me because now I've just pissed off the other 3-5 players and will probably be crippled by the clapback. Second, I'm trying to focus on Sunforger and my combos a lot more, as I think that is what will make my deck stand out when all is said and done. So Combo/sunforger first, value/x-spells second. I don't want to strip stuff away from my Sunforger for more X-spells because I feel like I'll want Sunforger goodness more. So there's some thoughts that will hopefully explain my choices and why I will or won't take some of your suggestion :)
- Doubling Cube: I think you over value this somewhat. To make it produce 4 or more mana(making it better than just any mana rock), I already need 10 mana out. So that's a while before I feel it really benifits me. I'll test it though!
Earthquake, Rolling Earthquake: I think I covered these well enough. Again I want to emphasize that I just don't want them personally, and I know that X-spells are a great way to go with this commander. Will definitely keep them in the back of my head :)
Breath of Darigaaz, Hour of Devastation, Price of Progress, Acidic Soil: these are all great damage options, and I'll be testing them out along with all the ones I got in there now, like Flame Rift, Flamebreak, Fiery Confluence, etc. Time will tell which ones are the best.
Gamble: I'm gonna be straight up with you, I hate Gamble. I've used it and It's awful.
- Faithless Looting, Tormenting Voice, Wild Guess: All good draw options. I'll consider!
- Survival Cache: I really like this one, but the fact that it can't be Sunforged was holding it back over options like Ritual of Rejuvenation and Reviving Dose. Yeah I see the rebound but that's just my philosophy getting in the way of good cards lol.
Winds of Change: I don't consider this card draw, but rather card selection. I find wheels usually help my opponents more anyway.
Mark of Asylum: Yeah this is a good one that I should find room for.
- Furnace of Rath: Out due to aggro meta :(
Hopefully all that makes some sense.
Again I definitely see the reasoning for all of the suggestions. Just not the direction I want to go :)
- Expedition Map needed to grab Inventors' Fair and Mistveil Plains.
- Book of Rass mid/late game draw that's a good mana sink more Neheb and a huge lifegain payoff. Also part of my beloved janky combo :)
- Basilisk Collar figured I'd be nice to snipe some big creatures, but I suppose if I'm dealing enough damage in the first place that's not needed. Probable cut.
- Swiftfoot Boots I kinda need the protection. there won't be many creatures out wth me wiping the coard so much so my creatures will be big targets.
- Strionic Resonator Can probably be cut, your right.
Painter's Servant I want my janky value! :D
- Thalia's Lancers gets Neheb or Gisela
- Stonehewer Giant gets sunforger, can also be a sweet combat trick with enough mana; two to find sunforger and two more to use sunforger to cast a life saving spell. Still, he costs a lot so maybe he'll be cut.
- Brass Squire probably cut, but is really good with sunforger.
- Imperial Recruiter gets Treasonous Ogre, Weathered Wayfarer and Painter's Servant
- Weathered Wayfarer gets Inventors' Fair and Mistveil Plains. not sure if you've ever played Boros but this kind of stuff is necessary, trust me.
- Fire Servant probable cut. I agree.
Generator Servant But he's so goooood. Turn 4 hasty F&S. Total pet card.
Teferi's Protection - essential part of my sunforger package. Way too good to now use.
- Tithe - can get Mistveil Plains and helps me hit those land drops. This is usually the first Sunforger target just to get the M-Plains.
- Open the Armory gets sunforger. I need all the consistency I can get.
Again thank you so so so much for the advice! Let me know if I can post it on the deck.
I don't want you to think I don't appreciate all the help and suggestions, I really do! It's just that this time around I have a different vision for my deck that a lot of these can't fit into. Thanks again friend!
3 days ago
Hey Suns_Champion, I didn't forget about you, you asked for my help :) Playtesting outside of TappedOut and writing about the new Dominaria spoilers at Radiant Elves has taken up the majority of my time for Magic.
Your Super Smash Boros | Firesong & Sunspeaker EDH deck looks great, lots of good cards and interactions. Aetherflux Reservoir is a nice secondary strategy that doesn't completely need Firesong to be a win condition, but becomes much better with Firesong.
Some suggestions to consider:
- Doubling Cube: double all red, white and colorless mana in your mana pool, great with X damage burn spells.
- Thran Dynamo: combines very well with Cube, an excellent source of colorless mana the turn it ETB.
- Earthquake: win condition, X damage to all creatures and players
- Rolling Earthquake: win condition, X damage to all creatures and players, From the Vault: Annihilation version
- Breath of Darigaaz: 4 damage to all creatures and players for four mana kicked, doesn't kill 6 toughness Firesong
- Hour of Devastation: 5 damage to all creatures and Planeswalkers, doesn't kill 6 toughness Firesong
- Price of Progress: lots of damage to each player for two mana
- Acidic Soil: lots of damage to each player for three mana
- Gamble: unconditional tutor
- Faithless Looting: early game draw
- Tormenting Voice: early game draw
- Wild Guess: early game draw
- Survival Cache: draw that's good with all the life gain from Firesong
- Winds of Change: can draw a lot of cards for only one mana
- Reiterate: crazy spell with Cube and other ramp because of buyback, double an X damage burn spell
- Mark of Asylum: protect your creatures from your own burn spells especially Firesong
- Furnace of Rath: double the damage by burn spells, makes X damage to each creature and each player burn spells ridiculous, major life gain
Doubling Cube can double all white, red and colorless mana to cast huge X damage spells which can be amazing with Firesong. Cube is the card that can give you the ability to cast Firesong or Reservoir and other burn spells all in the same turn. In fact with Cube, Firesong and Earthquake you can go off doing a ton of damage to all players and gaining a lot of life the turn you play Firesong.
I suggest adding more X damage to all creatures and all players burn spells. I think the power you're looking for with Firesong is in these spells because they can massively hurt all your opponents and not you because of lifelink. These Earthquakes don't target which is huge for the mana cost because you're damaging all creature and players at the same time not just one. Comet Storm is one of these, but it's one of the higher mana cost options. I suggest adding more because these spells give you the most bang for the mana.
Reiterate and Cube is a great combination because you will have mana to buyback Reiterate which is really good with large burn spells and a main strategy of wanting to cast instants and sorceries.
Gamble is an amazing tutor in Commander because the graveyard is very much a resource in this format. I suggest adding more cheap draw.
Mark of Asylum is busted with Firesong you can be less afraid to cast any burn spell that damages all creatures because the spell will not do damage to Firesong, but it will do damage to every other creature you don't control gaining you a ton of life.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Expedition Map
- Book of Rass
- Basilisk Collar
- Swiftfoot Boots
- Strionic Resonator
- Hedron's Archive
- Painter's Servant
- Thalia's Lancers
- Stonehewer Giant
- Brass Squire
- Imperial Recruiter
- Weathered Wayfarer
- Fire Servant
- Generator Servant
- Teferi's Protection
- Open the Armory
I'm suggesting to add quite a few more burn spells that can damage all creatures therefore it makes sense to cut a large amount of creatures because they will consistently die to these spells. I think these burn spells are much more powerful with Firesong than these creatures are.
Good luck with your deck.
1 week ago
I like what you're doing with Manabarbs. I'd probably throw in an Earthquake as well.
1 week ago
Have you considered the Stuffy Doll route yet, Boros Reckoner and Blasphemous Act ? Try to make as much stuff of your's indestructible with Hammer of Nazahn, Darksteel Plate and both copies of Avacyn (Archangel Avacyn Flip, Avacyn, Angel of Hope) and spam effects like Earthquake, Rolling Earthquake which turn into one-sided boardwipes with an additional upside?
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
Nice deck, I've playtested it and runs really smooth. But it feels that some ofthe cards are there because they are good stuff and they don't perform as well as they would in other decks.
Urabrask the Hidden feels redundant, all the important creatures in the deck already have native haste and you have Swiftfoot Boots and Lightning Greaves to provide haste. Making them enter tapped sure is nice, but there are many options for that in white if that is what you want.
Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite will always be amazing in any deck, but you are low on creatures and tokens to make it be a total beast.
Mikaeus, the Lunarch Same thing, in the games I played my creature count was low.
Soltari Champion same problem.
Plague Myr This guy feels out of place being the only creature with infect. I get it's a man dork and you can equip him some of the swords to make him unblockable but most of the time he is just sitting on the batttlefield waiting for a board wipe to happen.
Kor Cartographer you have amazing mana ramp on the deck that make this guy irrelevant. You can't capitalize on it's ability either, no flickering or recurrent reanimation.
Michiko Konda, Truth Seeker It's hard to tell how good is she without playing a real game . It feels she is good against small attacks, but the bigger ones will gladly sacrifice some token to make you the damage. I'd take her out because it's meant to aliviate the pressure on you and you are the one making the pressure on others, you want to push your opponent against the ropes, and this cards is not helping you to that end.
I'm missing card draw, I tend to run out of cards. While I have Mind's Eye or Sword of Fire and Ice it's all good, but if it gets destroyed I'm in trouble. Together with not drawing cards is not having some mana dump, there's nothing to do with all the mana from Neheb, the Eternal. Depending on the way you want to take with your deck different cards would solve these problems.
Anyway, some cards I would add anyway because are really good with Aurelia not mattering about the rest of the deck are Angel of Condemnation, Etali, Primal Storm and Glorybringer. It feels you have a flying theme going on, you could capitalize on that with some Earthquake-like spells.
Sigarda's Aid would be a great asset because most of your equipments give some kind of protection. With this enchantment they wouldn't just become combat tricks but also reactions to removals and board wipes. Even if you have no equipments in hand your opponents won't know, so it's still playing mind tricks on them.