Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Land — Gate
Cliffgate enters the battlefield tapped.
As Cliffgate enters the battlefield, choose a colour other than red.
: Add or one mana of the chosen colour.
4 months ago
Since your deck is a fast one, consider running lands that don't enter the battlefield tapped:
- Bloodfell Caves -> Sulfurous Springs
- Wind-Scarred Crag -> Battlefield Forge
- Scoured Barrens -> Caves of Koilos
- Evolving Wilds -> Smoldering Marsh
- Thriving Bluff -> Foreboding Ruins
- Thriving Heath -> Furycalm Snarl
- Thriving Moor -> Shineshadow Snarl
- Black Dragon Gate -> Dragonskull Summit
- Citadel Gate -> Clifftop Retreat
- Cliffgate -> Ash Barrens
You might also want to run some utility lands:
- Temple of Malice -> Bojuka Bog (good against graveyard decks)
- Temple of Triumph -> Axgard Armory (tutor on a land)
- Temple of Silence -> Sejiri Shelter Flip (protection spell that can be played as a land)
- Temple of the False God -> Rogue's Passage (free evasion)
- Mountain -> Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion (double strike on demand)
- Swamp -> Buried Ruin (recursion)
Also, since speed is the name of the game for Voltron decks, consider those swaps in your ramp package:
1 year ago
I have come to remind you that the Baldur's Gate set came out! Granted, some of these are slightly more expensive than a regular gate, but not by very much.
Gond Gate is going to make your deck a lot faster. Like, a lot.
Baldur's Gate. Need I say anything more? Won't help with your win condition, but it's still loads of mana.
Basilisk Gate could protect a creature of yours if you're not ready for it to die yet, or if you want to swoop in for the kill. These three last ones are kinda meh, but they're here.
Thran Portal is probably just not worth the 1 ping a turn. It's not crazy bad, but eh.
Heap Gate is cool, but not super necessary.