Back:Sejiri Glacier Flip
Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Target creature you control gains protection from the colour of your choice until end of turn.
1 week ago
Hello fellow Wyleth, Soul of Card Draw player!
I'm glad you got both Wyleth's and Aesi's precons for a good price. They are reeeeally explosive in gameplay with a few upgrades.
I play a lot of this bad boy, and I want to suggest some swaps below 3 USD for you to take it to a higher ground:
First of all, the ramp. I found out that 2 CMC, untapped ramp is the best for Wyleth. Since he draws so many cards, he can chain rocks and voltron pieces in the same turn, so his next turn is even more explosive than the last one. I almost always have more mana than the Green decks in my pod.
- Oreskos Explorer -> Dowsing Dagger Flip (you can get this to flip easily on turn 4)
- Kor Cartographer (too slow) -> Arcane Signet
- Emeria Shepherd (Voltron decks need a REALLY good reason to run cards above 3 mana in their builds) -> Starnheim Courser (this allows you to storm out of control. It is another body to voltron if needed)
- Keeper of the Accord (the token is irrelevant for you and, with Wyleth's card draw, you won't be behind in land drops) -> Talisman of Conviction
You should run boardwipes that hits your stuff the least:
- Tragic Arrogance (no need to destroy your own stuff) -> The Eternal Wanderer's ult
- Disenchant -> Heliod's Intervention
- Ironclad Slayer (we'll compensate him in the landbase) -> Vandalblast
Also, you can streamline your removal package. All of those are fetchable by Sunforger:
- Wear / Tear (good removal, but you already have more flexible options) -> Reprieve (that's one hell of a card to fetch out with Sunforger)
- Hyena Umbra (still vulnerable to exile and bounce effects) -> Blacksmith's Skill (all-around protection)
More/better auras and equipment
- Gimli's Axe -> Maul of the Skyclaves
- Argentum Armor (too expensive to cast) -> Mirror Shield (hexproof is crucial on a Voltron build)
Cheating equip costs
- Brass Squire (having to wait a turn to use his ability is rough) -> Ardenn, Intrepid Archaeologist
- Kemba, Kha Regent (too slow for a Voltron build) -> Bruenor Battlehammer
More utility lands
- Minas Tirith (Wyleth draws enough cards already. Also, most of the time, you will only have a single creature on the field) -> Axgard Armory (tutor on a land)
- Plains -> Sejiri Shelter Flip (a protection spell stapled onto a land)
- Mountain -> Buried Ruin (Ironclad Slayer's removal is avenged!)
- Plains -> Mistveil Plains (it can return instants back to the deck to be fetched again by Sunforger)
- Mountain -> Great Furnace (synergy with All That Glitters and Puresteel Paladin)
- Plains -> Ancient Den (same as above)
2 months ago
Since your deck is a fast one, consider running lands that don't enter the battlefield tapped:
- Bloodfell Caves -> Sulfurous Springs
- Wind-Scarred Crag -> Battlefield Forge
- Scoured Barrens -> Caves of Koilos
- Evolving Wilds -> Smoldering Marsh
- Thriving Bluff -> Foreboding Ruins
- Thriving Heath -> Furycalm Snarl
- Thriving Moor -> Shineshadow Snarl
- Black Dragon Gate -> Dragonskull Summit
- Citadel Gate -> Clifftop Retreat
- Cliffgate -> Ash Barrens
You might also want to run some utility lands:
- Temple of Malice -> Bojuka Bog (good against graveyard decks)
- Temple of Triumph -> Axgard Armory (tutor on a land)
- Temple of Silence -> Sejiri Shelter Flip (protection spell that can be played as a land)
- Temple of the False God -> Rogue's Passage (free evasion)
- Mountain -> Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion (double strike on demand)
- Swamp -> Buried Ruin (recursion)
Also, since speed is the name of the game for Voltron decks, consider those swaps in your ramp package:
3 months ago
I love Feather! Let me help you with that win rate, yeah?
Firstly, lands. You have too many. Take out the Boros Garrisons. All your cards are a low CMC and you don't really need that many. Other than that, I'd swap out either some copies of Temple of Triumph or Clifftop Retreat, but probably the temple for Sejiri Shelter Flip.
Secondly, you gotta keep your creatures safe. 4x Loran's Escape, 4x Gods Willing, and with the four Shelters, you should be just fine. Angelic Intervention is also a good choice, if you'd prefer something else.
Third, what are you targeting? For some suggestions, I like Dreadhorde Arcanist and Illuminator Virtuoso a lot. Tenth District Legionnaire is also very, very good here. Leonin Lightscribe and Clever Lumimancer are good, too. Harmonic Prodigy is really strong, depending on the other creatures you add, too. Of course adding Feather is a musy, too. If I were you, I'd probably pick like 12 non-Feather creatures to add in here.
Fourth, Removal. Mishra's Command is great here, otherwise I'd bump Boros Charm to 3 copies. Maybe throw 3x Wear / Tear in your sideboard or something. Options are great and all of these give options.
Fifth, buffs!! There's a whole lot of ways to buff your creatures, but here's what you want to do. Make about half of them cards like Coming In Hot, giving a buff + some sort of card advantage. Then, make half of them Brute Strength to make sure your creature has trample, or some other sort of evasion.
Sixth and finally, card advantage. White is bad with that. Red is bad with that. That's why your buffs really oughtta have card advantage with them. Ancestral Anger is a good one, for the record.
Okay, good luck and have fun!
9 months ago
Howdy, I think your mana base could use some work-shopping. As for what you have right now, it's good. You don't need to remove anything, nothing here is hurting you. However, there might be something you missed. The only reason I can see for having this number of basics is for Emeria, but I think you could get even more value elsewhere. For the record, I'm not saying to include all of these, but I am giving you some choices as to what you might wanna include. I suggested the ones that seemed like the best choices.
For removal, we have a few choices. Scavenger Grounds is graveyard hate, which is fine because we only have one piece of recursion and it's Emeria. Blast Zone is pretty solid removal, just in case. Field of Ruin can get rid of someone else's Emeria or other problem land. Eiganjo, Seat of the Empire can be removal when you need it, and a land when you don't. And lastly, Kabira Takedown Flip in a token deck takes down pretty much anything without hexproof.
Your stuff is important! Keep it safe with these cards. Eiganjo Castle is nice for anyone especially important, as can Karakas, if you can swallow the high pricetag. Sejiri Shelter Flip can keep a creature safe once, assuming you don't need the mana. Nephalia Academy is fun when playing against specific deck strategies. Now, for a lot of them all at once, Kor Haven, Mystifying Maze, and Labyrinth of Skophos (With a shoutout to Maze of Ith) all prevent people from bonking you too hard.
Everything else that wasn't in those two categories. Windbrisk Heights can play you a free Mass Calcify when you need it, just for swinging with 3 tokens. Reliquary Tower because this is Commander. War Room, depending on how much draw you need. Idyllic Grange may as well replace a Plains if you plan to keep focusing on Emeria. Arcane Lighthouse is just another Detection Tower effect. And for the final one, Karoo. I dig the bouncelands. They're perfect turn 2 plays and might help you ramp a little bit extra.
9 months ago
1 year ago
Looks like a really fun deck, because yep, who doesn't love equips and knights? I've actually been thinking about a deck like this since eldraine and this seems like a really nice build.
What do you think about Crackdown Construct? With your 0 equips on knights it can go infinite. I've usually seen it done with Shuko but the fact that your commander can do it might be good. Also works with Lightning Greaves which can also be a killer with Leonin Shikari that can effectively give your whole board shroud or not shroud whenever you want.
And it may just be a personal fav of mine, but I do really like Sejiri Shelter Flip as a land, a spell to save your creatures from removal, or as a way to get your big voltron creature straight through blockers.
Just a few odd thoughts I had, and I like this list : )
1 year ago
I really like this deck! A well rounded, thematic budget build. Well done.
The area I see some room for improvement is in your interaction package. It’s a bit light. However, your land base has enough room to get some more interaction pieces in there. Scavenger Grounds for graveyard hate and something like Field of Ruin or Ghost Quarter to deal with problematic lands. Kabira Takedown Flip can be another creature removal option and Sejiri Shelter Flip can be a protection piece or a way to make a threat unblockable.
1 year ago
The nice thing about this deck is it doesn't necessarily need to use the combos to win. It can be piloted in different ways to achieve different power levels.
Thanks for the attention to detail and recommendations. Much appreciated.