Basic Land — Mountain
: Add .
|Have (6)||, gildan_bladeborn , Morpho-peleides , 31770 , KingaJanicka , GuNDanU|
|Want (13)||Travenura , Lthedragon , dpm15 , NLELORDTWITCH , Swmrulz , evallard13 , Mlord , TrevStar7 , PackALunch , Morpho-peleides , Secretagentmjl , Cool_Cat , valkerye|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
6 days ago
Wow! Looks amazing! After the changes, the only cards I 'may' consider cutting (if you have a few more cards you'd like to run) would be the following: Phyresis, Coveted Jewel, and surprisingly Lightning Greaves. Now that you have made a huge change, feels time to talk about the land base... my recommendations in that group would be the following: Choked Estuary < Witch's Clinic, Spirebluff Canal < Blood Crypt, Flooded Strand < Scalding Tarn, Underground River < Bloodstained Mire, Shivan Reef < Morphic Pool, Mountain < Luxury Suite, Island < Riverglide Pathway Flip, Island < Clearwater Pathway Flip.
3 weeks ago
Izzet Boilerworks is the weak link in your mana base. If it either didn’t enter tapped or else didn’t bounce a land, it would be great—but in actuality it’s like skipping a turn as far as mana generation is concerned. An opponent with a fast Pauper deck will pull ahead because of that, despite the advantage of gaining for all subsequent turns. You’d fare better with either something like Highland Lake or else just 2x more basic mountains. Aside from that, I’d suggest Lofty Denial as an even better Mana Leak, although you’re fairly good with countermagic as it stands.
1 month ago
In general, I would reference a non-budget Dredge list (from MTGgoldfish or another website like it) when you make upgrades, since those lists contain all the cards you'll want to get in the exact configurations you'll need. However, the Dredge deck in particular requires large investments alongside certain cards (like sets of fetchlands with Life from the Loam) in order to make them work, which can be difficult to figure out on your own.
I'd recommend making smaller upgrades first; the $25 Mardu version I listed above (Dredge ($25)) adds some white tri-lands to the mana base for Thrilling Discovery, Smiting Helix, and sideboard cards. Any other upgrades you'll want to make are going to be really big investments, so it'll be good to have a solid but fairly inexpensive base to play with while you work towards the more expensive stuff.
Now, it's important to consider which particular variant of Dredge you want to build before you start investing: some decks splash white for Thrilling Discovery and Prismatic Ending, some go for the traditional Jund list, others are straight Mardu. As of right now the most successful Dredge decks are cutting white for 1 mana enablers like Merchant of the Vale and Burning Inquiry for more speed (since graveyard hate is very popular atm). I personally like the white splash, but you do you.
Once you've figured that out, the most important upgrades you'll need to make are to the mana base. Competitive Dredge is heavily reliant on land synergies with Bloodghast, Life from the Loam, and by association Conflagrate (which is usually casted from the graveyard for big X values after filling your hand with lands via Loam). Fetchlands are by far the most important cards to have if you want to go this route. Having a nice suite of lands will also help with casting costs, which is always an issue with budget mana bases.
Other than that, the only upgrade you can really make until you have the lands is adding 3 Ox of Agonas for 1 Haunted Dead and 2 Smiting Helix; it's not too expensive to do this, but it also happens to be better with fetchlands, as they help pay for Ox's escape cost.
For lands, you'll want 8 R/X fetches, 4-5 R/X Dual lands, a couple fastlands, 3ish five-color lands, and one or two basics (~19 lands total). My recommendation for a 4c (RBgw) list:
- 4 Bloodstained Mire
- 4 Wooded Foothills
- 2 Stomping Ground
- 2 Blood Crypt
- 1 Sacred Foundry
- 1 Copperline Gorge
- 3 Gemstone Mine or a split of Gemstone Mine and City of Brass/Mana Confluence
- 2 Mountain
- Note: you don't have to get green lands like Stomping Ground until you have Life from the Loam.
- +3 Ox of Agonas, -2 Smiting Helix, -1 Haunted Dead
- +3 Life from the Loam, -3 Silversmote Ghoul Must have fetchlands
- +1 Bloodghast, -1 Silversmote Ghoul Must have fetches and Loam
- +2 Conflagrate, -1 Darkblast, -1 Golgari Thug Must have Loam
Hope this helps!
1 month ago
Asmoeus here are some suggestions around what I would do to improve the deck on a budget
- Remove Desert of the Fervent (enters tapped with no effect) > Add Evolving Wilds (will let you find a specific colour if you are missing one)
- Remove Desert of the Mindful (enters tapped with no effect) > Add Terramorphic Expanse (will let you find a specific colour if you are missing one)
- Remove Forgotten Cave (enters tapped with no effect) > Add Mountain
- Remove Lonely Sandbar (enters tapped with no effect) > Add Island
- Look decent. Gilded Lotus does have a high mana cost so would keep an eye on how often you cast it.
- Remove Creative Technique (with your lower mana curve odds of you revealing something really good is low) > Add Arcane Denial as a good, cheap counter spell
- Remove Fiery Encore (expensive and requires you to discard a high mana cost card to deal decent damage) > Add Solve the Equation (Tutor for the spell you need)
- Remove Charmbreaker Devils (returning spell at random will not often get what you need, and does not have a way to get around blockers) > Add Runaway Steam-Kin (Will help you cast more spells and give you mana)
1 month ago
1 month ago
Otherwise, probably my favorite, was a Turn 5 win with Lathliss, Dragon Queen.
T3 - Spinerock Knoll exiling Sunbird's Invocation. Cast Terror of the Peaks. Terror ETB with 5/5 token. Terror sees a 5/5 but before damage I pay into Lathliss for a +1/+0 global buff. Terror sees a 6/5 and hits for 6 (-13). Tempest sees 3 dragons with 2 ETB together, so 6 more damage (-19). Swing for 7+6+6 (-38). Bet they wish they didn't -2 shockland themselves.
Opponent dead on turn 3.
- T4 - Cast Moltensteel Dragon off topdeck for . ETB 5/5. Buff crew +1/+0. Terror sees a 6/5 and a 5/4. Hit next opponent for 11. Tempest sees two ETB at five Dragons. Land another 10 (-21). Pay Spinerock Knoll to free-cast Sunbird's Invocation and swing for 7+6+6 for 40 at 2nd opponent for TKO and remaining 6+5 at other opponent for 11.
Opponent #2 dead on turn 4.
- T5 - Land drop, cast Lukka, Coppercoat Outcast. Sunbird's Invocation wheels for Scourge of Valkas. Lukka can exile a 5/5 token and wheel for a Dragon. When that Dragon ETB, I get the 5/5 back. You can see where this is going... Gg.
Turn 5 win.
2 months ago
I don't keep up with cedh at all just play casual with a group of friends but going off what TypicalTimmy said I'd assume it is because he is a turn one first strike, menace, trample so built in evasion and will surely land commander damage early on. Paired with Colossus Hammer you are looking at a win in 2-3 combat steps perhaps one if you slap double strike on him.
If you want to take Rograkh, Son of Rohgahh in another direction he is a guaranteed cheerio. Pair him Crimson Kobolds and Cloudstone Curio and you can get infinite etb or cast triggers. So with Birgi, God of Storytelling Flip or Impact Tremors you can get infinite mana or infinite damage respectively.
So a potential magical hand you are looking for in cast order is:
- Mana Crypt: Use to cast...
- Birgi, God of Storytelling Flip
- Crimson Kobolds: Use to cast...
- Sol Ring: Use to cast...
- Cloudstone Curio: Cast Rograkh, Son of Rohgahh and bounce Crimson Kobolds to get mana from Birgi (Repeat and use to cast...)
- Impact Tremors:Win
Alternatively for Combat damage
- Jeweled Lotus: Cast Ardenn, Intrepid Archaeologist
- Mana Crypt: Use to cast...
- Mana Vault: use to cast...
- Colossus Hammer
- Mountain: Use to cast...
- Boots of Speed: Cast Rograkh, Son of Rohgahh equip with everything for free he is now an 11/11 doublestrike turn one with haste that is 22 cmdr damage
If I did everything correctly these are two turn one wins but I may have messed up somewhere but you get the gist of it.