Creature — Zombie Cleric
(1)(Black): Regenerate target Zombie.
Morph (2)(Black) (You may play this face down as a 2/2 creature for (3). Turn it face up any time for its morph cost.)
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
2 weeks ago
First of, you’ve got two Dismal Backwaters and two Noosegraf Mobs in there. Acererak the Archlich is an infinite wincon with Rooftop Storm. if you have Poppet Factory flipped with Wilhelt out, Altar of Dementia can mill your opponents to zero. To help you find pieces Sidisi, Undead Vizier is a great zombie to do so. Ebondeath, Dracolich is a great recurrable zombie. Reflections of Littjara can make your toys twice the fun. Boneknitter could also do some work for ya here. Loyal Subordinate will help you do damage if combat gets shut down. Victimize will do you service, and Patriarch's Bidding can help refill your board after a board wipe. Speaking of which, consider Noxious Ghoul and Meathook Massacre can help you clear boards that need an enigma. Hope some of that helps ya. Enjoy zombies!
3 months ago
Ashnod's Altar , Bottomless Vault , Ebon Stronghold , Everglades , Field of Ruin , Terminal Moraine , Head Games , Diabolic Tutor , Demonic Tutor , Harvester of Souls , Read the Bones , Cover of Darkness , Boneknitter , Erratic Portal
10 months ago
Some good cards are Boneknitter and maybe DEFINITELY a Bone Miser although those are expensive. Some banger cheap cards are Call to the Grave and Corpseweft. Some cards to just fuck around and have fun is Army of the Damned and Dread Slaver
2 years ago
Some cards to consider:
- Bojuka Bog : A must include in any black commander deck.
- Boneknitter : Utility, simple as that.
- Corpse Harvester : Out with the old, in with the new... and a swamp!
- Cryptbreaker : So much value in such a small package. Token generating, card draw, good in the early and late game... what is not to love about this card!
- Death Baron : A zombie lord with some extra punch Sure he doesn't get deathtouch himself, but all those 2/2 tokens that are now 3/3 deathtouch.
- Dread Summons : Ever seen those zombie movies with that big hoard that just keeps coming... that's this card. Gives you a bunch of tokens, and recursion bait for your commander.
- Endless Ranks of the Dead : Card title kind of says it all for this one. Obviously not the best in metas with wrath effects coming down every turn, but shines like a copper penny otherwise.
- Ghoulcaller Gisa : So take one creature, throw it under the bus, and get more...
- Grave Titan : Why this thing isn't a zombie I will never know. 6/6 for 6, deathtouch, and brings two friends with it AND when it attacks.
- Graveborn Muse : Card draw based on zombies, who is also a zombie!
- Infernal Caretaker : Mass recursion, either play them out, or discard them back for more effects.
- Liliana, Death's Majesty : Just an all around strong zombie planeswalker.
- Liliana's Mastery : Zombies + an anthem that won't be a big target for removal.
- Lord of the Undead : A low to the ground zombie lord with recursion on a stick.
- Noxious Ghoul : Sweeps out low toughness cards for things you're already doing. Just great value.
- Relentless Dead : A great early drop, and late game it serves as a sac target + recursion.
- Shepherd of Rot : Yes it hits you, but this can be such a major threat.
- Undead Warchief : Cheaper zombies, and bigger zombies. All in one convenient package.
- Awaken the Erstwhile : Disruption, plain and simple. Sure it hurts your hand too, but you are the one with all the zombie based anthems.
- Victim of Night : Doomblade 2.0, but hits black creatures.
- Sidisi, Undead Vizier : You'll have so many tokens kicking around to exploit that she's just a straight tutor, and if she ever hits the graveyard just use her again with Scarab God.
- Fleshbag Marauder : Hurts them a lot more than you, and enter the battlefield abilities are great with Scarab around.
- Josu Vess, Lich Knight : Solid 4/5 Menace for 4, got the extra 6 mana though and he brings friends who also have menace.
- Wonder : Flying zombies... yep, that's scary.
- Pull from Tomorrow : Nice draw on an instant with the added benefit to pitch something for Scarab to target.
- Price of Fame : Legendary killer + Surveil 2... love it.
- Sinister Sabotage : Counterspell + Surveil... love it too.
- Paradox Haze : You've got a couple effects that trigger on upkeep, why not double up?
- The deck currently seems to be going in two directions, you have a large zombie theme which I love, but you also have a minor mill theme which seems out of place.
- Advanced Stitchwing : Slow for what it gives, even on the bounce back it comes back tapped.
- Apprentice Necromancer : This is one I'm on the fence suggesting, it's a one use for one turn only.
- Grimgrin, Corpse-Born : This guy is beast, but he works best in a deck build around him.
- Lamplighter of Selhoff : Slow, for his effect.
- Merciless Eternal : He's not bad, just a lot better things to include in the 3 cost bracket.
- Phenax, God of Deception : Love this guy, really do, but he's out of place here because he's a mill guy who loves big butts.
- Relentless Skaabs : This guy does everything you don't want as he hurts your graveyard in order to even hit play.
- Servant of Tymaret : Slow with high cost. In order to make the best use of him you have to be attacking, and if the way isn't clear that means a 3 mana tax just for 1 life on each opponent.
- Spiteful Returned : Don't hate it, but better things out there.
- Stitchwing Skaab : Suffers from the same as Advanced Stitchwing.
- Undead Alchemist : This guy can go either way, but the way I look at him is generally people have more cards in their decks than life, so it's easier to take out their life.
- Vindictive Lich : This guy is fun, though for his cost there is a lot more out there.
- Exotic Orchard : Risky unless you know your playgroup always has one of your colors, otherwise it's just a colorless and a swamp or island would be just as good.
- Leechridden Swamp : Slows you down for a minor effect.
- Path of Ancestry : Phenax is the only other god creature, so even if you keep him in it's very slow for the benefit it probably will never get the chance to give.
- Coat of Arms : I love this card, I really do, but it's a calculated risk and I find zombies are usually too slow of it. Run up against a goblin or elf deck and this will do more for your opponent.
- Mindcrank : This is another I'm on the fence with as it pairs really well with Scarab.
- Vanquisher's Banner : Good card, though you're not casting all those tokens so you're only getting a bit of a benefit from it.
- Liliana Vess : Good card, out of place in this deck unless you are going heavier into the mill.
- Ob Nixilis Reignited : Just completely out of place for zombie tribal.
- Glimpse the Unthinkable : One of those mill cards, it suffers as a one of.
- Rise from the Grave : Expensive for effect.
- Ruthless Disposal : This isn't bad in this deck, but compared to Morbid Slip for example it lacks that added shine.
- Curse of Disturbance : So much politics, this is VERY meta dependent as to if players fall for the bait.
- Quest for the Gravelord : This can work out, but more often then not stuff isn't dying fast enough or it just gets pinged with early removal.
- Search for Azcanta Flip: More at home in a non-creature strategy.
- Torment of Scarabs : Most people can play around this with not too much fuss, and it gives all the choice to them. I'd prefer some targeted removal.
2 years ago
I haven't done a lot of research on zombies, but I learned from my old token deck that it takes a lot of trial and error to get the balance between token producers, pump spells, and abusers.
I think you haven't taken as much advantage of the colors you have. Green has a lot of cards that syngerize with tokens and white has the best removal and board wipes
I haven't looked at prices with these suggestions. Also, you don't have to listen to me at all
Josu Vess, Lich Knight - With green to help you ramp, this deck has a better chance of kicking him than other zombie decks. Open the Graves - More Tokens. Underrealm Lich - Card draw is always good. Varina, Lich Queen - Card draw, more tokens, and some lifegain to help keep you healthy for those life costs. Kodama's Reach, Rampant Growth, etc - I always feel like land ramp is more reliable than artifact ramp, especially in green, but this is just preference. You do seem to be lacking a bunch of ramp to keep those activated abilities from slowing you down. Death Baron - Another lord, but gives deathtouch too Carrion Feeder - Free sac outlet, if you are looking for one.
Pontiff of Blight - If you have solid ramp, giving all your creatures extort can get really dumb. Graveborn Muse - Might kill, but you will draw your entire deck with the right board state. Risen Executioner - Another lord with recursion Corpse Harvester - Tutor a zombie and a land. Noxious Ghoul - Could be spicy 1 sided board wipe Phyrexian Crusader - Possible 1 shot, but only if you have the right amount of pump. Shepherd of Rot - Could kill everyone. Good way to get around pillow fort and fogs. Raving Dead - Fun spice. Balthor the Defiled - Pretty good recursion. Right now Archetype of Imagination is the only non black creature. Dralnu, Lich Lord - You don't have that many instants and sorceries, but what you do have is strong. I think it reduces Army of the Damned's Flashback. Boneknitter - Tribal protection. Anguished Unmaking, Swords to Plowshares, Counterspell etc - some single target removal is always useful, and you are in amazing colors for it. I have this problem with my dragon deck. Second Harvest, Parallel Evolution - One time token doublers Craterhoof Behemoth, Overrun, Triumph of the Hordes - Ends games. Bramble Sovereign - Not a zombie, but this can do WORK. City of Brass, Mana Confluence, Reflecting Pool - 4 colors needs as much color fixing as possible. Esper Panorama - OK fetchland Krosan Verge - Underestimated fetch imo Fecundity - Crazy card draw Austere Command Merciless Eviction Cleansing Nova - A few more wipes. But these let you interact with artifacts and enchantments that this deck does not seem to do well.
Stronghold Assassin - effects like Dictate of Erebos, Grave Pact, and even Attrition are just better. Archetype of Imagination - I appreciate that you are trying to deal with a weakness in the deck while giving your creatures evasion. But, aren't zombie's looking to die for LTB effects? It also costs a lot. Grave Betrayal - Costs a bit too much for me, but a strong effect. I'm up in the air about this. Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord - Might be rough to cast in 4 colors Conspiracy - I might be missing something, but almost all of your creatures are zombies already. Skullbriar, the Walking Grave - Just seems like a beat stick that is hard to pump up. Vulturous Zombie - easier to pump up, but still feels like just another beat stick.
3 years ago
3 years ago
First I recommend taking out: Havengul Runebinder, Cemetery Recruitment, Undead Alchemist, Nantuko Husk, Geralf's Masterpiece, Geralf's Mindcrusher, Ashes of the Fallen, Perpetual Timepiece, Secrets of the Dead, Ancient Excavation, Murder, Compelling Deterrence, Liliana's Mastery, Obelisk of Urd, Graf Harvest, and Zombie Infestation, Ghoulcaller's Chant,
Cards that you should put in: Gravecrawler, Gravespawn Sovereign, Gray Merchant of Asphodel, Grave Pact, Unholy Grotto, Sidisi, Undead Vizier, Living Death, Cryptbreaker, Death Baron, Phyrexian Reclamation, High Market, Corpse Harvester, Balthor the Defiled, Reassembling Skeleton, Skullclamp, Grave Defiler, Graveborn Muse, Zombie Apocalypse, Crypt of Agadeem, Geier Reach Sanitarium, Reliquary Tower, Bojuka Bog, Diabolic Intent, Patriarch's Bidding, and Demonic Tutor.
If you are really trying to stay Timmy with the deck, then I won't recommend Phyrexian Altar because it goes infinite with Gravecrawler and any kind of death/ETB trigger, but then again, it does it with Rooftop Storm and a sac outlet too.
Other cards that can be really good in zombies include: Sheoldred, Whispering One, Corpse Connoisseur, Zombie Trailblazer, Twilight's Call, Geth, Lord of the Vault, Demonic Collusion, Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet, Scourge of Nel Toth, River Kelpie, Phyrexian Arena, Attrition, Kokusho, the Evening Star, Burnished Hart, Disciple of Bolas, Harvester of Souls, Damnation, Rune-Scarred Demon, Phenax, God of Deception, Beacon of Unrest, Corpse Augur, Palace Siege, Infernal Caretaker, Contamination, Plague Belcher, Vengeful Dead, Dread Wanderer, Boneknitter, Grimoire of the Dead, Pontiff of Blight, Custodi Lich