Land — Swamp
(: Add to your mana pool.)
Leechridden Swamp enters the battlefield tapped.
, : Each opponent loses 1 life. Activate this ability only if you control two or more black permanents.
|Want (2)||armman , Pumpernickel_McSwagnugget|
Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Leechridden Swamp Discussion
1 month ago
4 months ago
It's really pricey atm, but I suspect The Meathook Massacre would do some work in here. It is Legendary though, so you might only want the 1.
4 months ago
Also for insight on the VOW decks...
Millicent, Restless Revenant relies on you amassing a ton of spirits on-board to really do her thing, but the engine feeds itself. Once you have a bunch, they're monstrously hard to get rid of and keep multiplying thanks to her ability. She snowballs very quickly with steady card draw. I modified my Millicent with a few more Bident of Thassa effects to really take advantage of the plentiful bodies to keep the cards coming and she can explode and become a menace very quickly.
Strefan, Maurer Progenitor is a beatstick-y guy on his surface...he wants you to cheat in giant vampires. But there's trickiness there too. Making blood tokens with small damage sources like Leechridden Swamp, and you can easily make the deck more of a reanimator/graveyard matters deck or even have an artifact matters subtheme because of the blood tokens. Good thing Bloodline Necromancer is already in the deck, he's so good in here!
4 months ago
Hey, well done with your upgrades to the precon. There's some cards in the precon to consider adding back in.
- Command Tower: staple land.
- Stensia Masquerade: more first strike effects for Strefan and more effects to make him bigger when he does combat damage to a player.
- Bloodtracker: flying Vamp, draw and can be a repeatable way to create Blood by making yourself lose life. This Vamp is also really good with Necropolis Regent and Stensia Masquerade.
- Champion of Dusk: Vamp to cheat with Strefan for draw as well as create Blood since you lose life.
- Bloodsworn Steward: flying Vamp who can make Strefan bigger.
Cards that could be cut for these:
- Temple of the False God
- Vampiric Dragon
- Kamber, the Plunderer: Wizards printed this card wrong, it's been errata to only trigger when an opponent's creature dies which makes it much worse for a four drop.
- Crimson Honor Guard
- Timothar, Baron of Bats
Some upgrades within the budget to consider:
- Cryptolith Fragment Flip --> Commander's Sphere
- Sanctum of Stone Fangs --> Grim Bounty
- Leechridden Swamp --> 1x Swamp
- Florian, Voldaren Scion --> Dominating Vampire
- Cranial Plating --> Wedding Invitation
- Mask of Memory --> Endless Obedience
- Tibalt's Trickery --> Dash Hopes
- Chaos Warp --> Ultimate Price
Cryptolith Fragment Flip is a mana rock to create Blood since it makes each player lose life. Sanctum of Stone Fangs is repeatable way to create Blood before combat on your turn. Leechridden Swamp is a land that can repeatedly create Blood for one mana.
Florian, Voldaren Scion is a Vamp who can be a lot of card advantage along with plenty of card selection. Florian doesn't care how your opponents lose life during the turn making it excellent with Fragment, Shrine and Leechridden and he doesn't have to attack to trigger.
Good luck with your deck.
5 months ago
With your low curve, do you think you Leechridden Swamp would work in here? It's still a swamp for Cottage, and you have some black permanents along with low average MV so you might have the spare mana mid game, where it's a land that can ping your opponent.
5 months ago
6 months ago
Back again, I’ve been test playing this deck again, because I love black burn, I come in peace with some friendly suggestions, Thrull Parasite would be interesting to extort for all the burn spells, I would mainboard Collective Brutality it can burn, and I can be of other value, Smallpox can burn and slow down the game, in between Collective Brutality and Smallpox they can service as a discard outlet for Alms of the Veins madness ability, I feel like 4 Piranha Marsh coming into play tap slows down the deck too much, I feel like it’s just not worth it for 1 life, I think Marsh Flats would be a good investment it’s the cheapest swamp fetching land that can fetch Leechridden Swamp, I wish more people would make Black burn builts, I am a black burn nut,
8 months ago
As for the other suggestions, I can see their value but I’d prefer to keep this as close to true burn as I conceivably can. Options are limited and I realize I’ll be painting myself into something of a corner with this stipulation, but I think the uniqueness of it all makes it a worthwhile pursuit. If I ever decide to retool this to make it a more competitive build, I’ll take your suggestions to heart. Thank you for your input.