Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Zombie you control get +1/+1.
When Liliana's Mastery enters the battlefield, create two 2/2 black Zombie tokens.
multimedia on Gisa, Zom Zom Queen *Work In Progress*
2 months ago
Hey, well done so far, but I think you overestimate needing so many buffs (anthems).
All the artifacts for anthem effects is overkill, you have tutors that can get the better anthem. Adding more repeatable draw sources can do more for gameplay than anthems because more reliable draw helps to draw the better anthems. Coat of Arms, Eldrazi Monument and The Immortal Sun are much better than the other artifact anthems here.
In my opinion anthem effects to be worth playing need to also have card quality for the mana cost. Instruments of War and Hall of Triumph are bad cards, only providing a small anthem effect nothing else for their mana cost isn't good enough to take deck spots. Obelisk of Urd is subpar, but at least it can be mana cost reduced even to 0 with Zombies. Bad Moon is only 2 mana, but there's greater two drops that have much better card quality. Heraldic Banner can be a mana rock, but even so you can do better for a three drop.
Adaptive Automaton is a creature who Gisa can sac and who can be a Zombie lord (anthem), but it's a bad card compared to all other Zombie lords who provide another good repeatable effect. Icon of Ancestry and Vanquisher's Banner aren't worth it since there's too many nonZombie creatures here. You can get more reliable repeatable draw from other sources.
You have Crypt Ghast, Cabal Coffers and tutors to get them, you don't need Caged Sun and Gauntlet of Power mana effects. These cards are better in mono white, red or blue because these colors can really use the mana ramp. Liliana's Mastery is a very low budget five drop for Zombies, not needed here.
There's several cards in the maybeboard to consider adding main deck if you have them. Areas to focus on improving with cards from the maybeboard are early game ramp, repeatable draw for only you, reanimation and more Zombie evasion.
- Dark Ritual, Ashnod's Altar
- Braids, Arisen Nightmare, Species Specialist
- Reanimate, Animate Dead, Altar of Bhaal
- Zombie Master
Other cards to consider adding from the maybeboard.
- Champion of the Perished, Plague Belcher
- Phyrexian Dreadnought
- Zulaport Cutthroat
- Pitiless Plunderer
- Grave Pact
- Dreadhorde Invasion, Grave Titan
Some cards to consider cutting:
- Instruments of War, Hall of Triumph, Obelisk of Urd, Bad Moon
- Adaptive Automaton, Icon of Ancestry, Liliana's Mastery, Vanquisher's Banner
- Caged Sun, Gauntlet of Power
- Temple Bell, Howling Mine
- Yargle, Glutton of Urborg
- Death-Priest of Myrkul
Good luck with your deck.
ImNora on Cards that buff zombie tribal?
2 months ago
Here's the deck (for casual EDH):
Gisa, Zom Zom Queen *Work In Progress*
Commander / EDH*
I'm looking to add cards to it that will increase my zombie's power and toughness. I've gotta be missing some... I'm new to tribal stuff, so yeah.
So far, here's the list of things I found that buff zombies:
multimedia on Rotcleaver’s Revenge
7 months ago
Hey, well done so far upgrading the precon, nice Phyrexian Altar.
Some cards from the precon to consider adding:
- Talisman of Dominance --> Sky Diamond
- Dreadhorde Invasion --> Eternal Skylord
- Curse of the Restless Dead --> Undead Alchemist
- Pact of the Serpent --> Battle at the Bridge
- Zombie Apocalypse --> Dread Summons
- Gisa and Geralf --> Ebondeath, Dracolich
- Feed the Swarm --> Polymorphist's Jest
- Liliana, Death's Majesty --> Liliana's Mastery
- Tainted Isle --> 1x Island
- Choked Estuary --> 1x Island
Talisman of Dominance ETB untapped to make either color. Another mana rock upgrade is Dimir Signet replacing Charcoal Diamond. Dreadhorde Invasion is a repeatable source of Zombie and Eternal Skylord is a much worse Hordewing Skaab. Curse of the Restless Dead is a more reliable repeatable source of Zombies than Undead Alchemist.
Pact of the Serpent is powerful tribal card for Zombies. Battle at the Bridge needs lots more artifacts to be playable. Zombie Apocalypse is powerful tribal card for Zombies especially when your Commander sacs Zombies to draw. Patriarch's Bidding is another mass reanimation tribal Zombie card. Dread Summons needs a ton of mana paid into it to be decent since you have no control over milling your own or opponent creatures.
Gisa and Geralf can be repeatable cast of Zombies from your graveyard which can do more than Ebondeath, Dracolich. Feed the Swarm is helpful to have enchantment removal in Dimir. Liliana, Death's Majesty can be repeatable Zombies and her other abilities are good too. She does more than Liliana's Mastery, but honestly you don't need either one of these cards since there's better five drops here or could add.
The more basic Islands you can replace with Dimir dual lands the better the manabase will be because black mana is much important than blue. Lots of basic Islands makes it more difficult to cast heavy black spells. Tainted Isle and Choked Estuary are playable lands in the precon that care about Swamps and you have a lot of Swamps.
Good luck with your deck.
Rivel on Necromancin' Dancin'
8 months ago
- Aetherspouts - replaced with Noxious Ghoul
- Curse of Unbinding - replaced with Buried Alive
- Hour of Eternity - replaced with Patriarch's Bidding
- Liliana's Devotee - replaced with Carrion Feeder
- Open the Graves - replaced with Gravecrawler
- Unclaimed Territory - replaced with Acererak the Archlich
- Island - replaced with Final Parting
- Mortuary Mire - replaced with Poppet Stitcher Flip
- Liliana's Mastery - replaced with Necroduality
- Shadow Kin - replaced with Plague Belcher
- Eternal Skylord - replaced with Wonder
- Ruthless Deathfang - replaced with Undead Warchief
- Eater of Hope - replaced with Corpse Harvester
- Go for the Throat - replaced with Gray Merchant of Asphodel
- Dark Salvation - replaced with Headless Rider
- Exotic Orchard - replaced with Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Swamp - replaced with Skullclamp
- Syphon Flesh - replaced with Swiftfoot Boots
- Prowling Geistcatcher replaced with Ashnods alter
- Butcher of Malakir replaced with Diabolic Tutor
- Gorex, the Tombshell replaced with Plumb the Forbidden
- Havengul Runebinder replaced with Phyrexian Reclamation
- Eloise, Nephalia Sleuth replaced with Vengeful Dead.
- Forgotten Creation replaced with Exsanguinate
- Stitcher Geralf replaced with Sidisi, Undead Vizier
- Overseer of the Damned replaced with Resculpt
multimedia on Undead Unleashed
1 year ago
Hey, nice upgrades of Demonic, Acererak, Stitcher, Gravecrawler, Grim, Sidisi, Cryptbreaker, Master, Undead, Remembrance, Titan, Victimize, Misty, Drowned, Clearwater.
Interesting choices to cut the mana rock ramp other than Sol from the precon and reduced the lands from 40 to 31. Reducing the lands is fine because 40 lands in the precon is too much. Although, only 31 lands is pretty risky; I wouldn't play below 34 if I'm not playing green. The problem is you haven't compensated for the reduction of lands by adding more ramp to have enough mana or more low CMC draw to help to draw lands or some of both. It looks like you have cut lands to add more high CMC cards which is the wrong approach when upgrading a precon.
With a budget of $400+ consider adding the mana rocks? The precon has Arcane Signet, Talisman of Dominance and Crowded Crypt, all these are good. Add to these Dimir Signet and Thought Vessel; these two are upgrades for the Diamonds. More low CMC draw can also replace lands such as Brainstorm, Preordain, Deadly Dispute, Frantic Search, Village Rites.
Dreadhorde Invasion is a two drop in the precon and it's a good repeatable Zombie source for Wilhelt. Sac the Zombie Army token at your end step on each of your turns for a repeatable draw source that only costs you 1 life on your turn. Midnight Reaper is also in the precon and it's a Zombie who can be a repeatable source of draw especially with Gravecrawler.
Some cards to consider cutting because they're not as good as others here:
- Lord of the Forsaken
- Sludge Monster
- Eternal Skylord: don't need it because you have Hordewing Skaab.
- Dread Summons
- Ghoul's Night Out
- Oriq Loremage: don't need it because you have Vile Entomber.
- Syphon Flesh
- Whispersilk Cloak
- Empty the Laboratory
- Liliana's Mastery
- Open the Graves
- Risen Executioner
- Phyrexian Crusader
- Ebondeath, Dracolich
- Army of the Damned
I don't think you have the mana to support X spells such as Summons and Empty to get enough from them to be worth casting. Adding Cabal Coffers + Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth would help also with casting Army.
With Gravecrawler to combo with Rooftop you need a sac outlet. To combo with Wilhelt and Poppet Factory you also need a sac outlet. Consider adding some sac outlets?
- Blasting Station: can be the win condition with either Gravecrawler or Factory combo.
- Carrion Feeder: one drop Zombie.
- Ashnod's Altar: combos with Havengul Lich + Rooftop to repeatedly reanimate/sac/reanimate all Zombies in all graveyards.
- Altar of Dementia: infinite mills all your opponents when you control Factory by repeatedly sacing just one Zombie. Can also be the win condition with Gravecrawler + Rooftop.
If you're wanting to win with combo especially with Rooftop then consider some protection for the combo? Lazotep Plating, Counterspell, Swan Song, Flusterstorm.
Good luck with your deck.
Dangerwillrobinson79 on Lord of the Horde - zombie token engine
1 year ago
Most probable cuts: 1. Carrion Feeder 2. Filth 3. Hordewing Skaab 4. Ravenous Rotbelly 5. Tainted Adversary 6. Tomb Tyrant 7. Undead Augur 8. Swiftfoot Boots 9. Buried Alive 10. Feed the Swarm 11. From Under the Floorboards 12. Necromancer's Stockpile 13. Wake the Dead 14. Swamp 15. Wonder 16. Stronghold Assassin 17. Liliana's Mastery 18. Open the Graves 19. Corpse Harvester 20. Acererak the Archlich
Sparko on Liliana Zombie deck
1 year ago
I play a commander deck built around The Scarab God, and I have a ton of great recommendations. There's a few really fun directions you can take this, but flooding the board with zombie tokens and making them really beefy is a good bet. Here's some decent budget options, since you say you don't buy many cards:
- Undead Augur is also cheap to cast, and gets you drawing a lot of cards very quickly.
- Zombie Lords like Diregraf Captain, Lord of the Accursed, Death Baron, and many more are staples for zombie decks, though getting more than a few can get expensive.
- Wonder gives you a zombie air force whenever it's in the graveyard.
- Liliana's Mastery gets you two tokens and buffs your zombies.
- Necromancer's Stockpile is a good way to draw cards and get tokens on the board, and if you pitch anything that can recur it's doesn't even have much of a downside.
For some cards that aren't budget, if you want to eventually buy/trade for some really good zombie cards, I've got you covered there too:
- Cryptbreaker is cheap to cast, and is fantastic for getting tokens out and drawing cards. Note that the second ability ignores summoning sickness.
- Diregraf Colossus gets you a token whenever you cast a zombie.
- Army of the Damned creates thirteen zombie tokens if you can get the mana, and then does it again.
- Rooftop Storm makes your zombies free to cast.
- Endless Ranks of the Dead is a diet version of Liliana, the Last Hope's ult.
Best of luck in your future zombie-fueled games!
obitus on Ghoulcaller Gisa Zombie Tokens
2 years ago
@Epicurus, so I pondered a bit while I play tested the new settings in the deck and what you mentioned really helped me tune the deck.
I had realized that I put to much emphasis on having anthem effects, 12 was to high of a count. I eventually settled for taking out sun, Liliana's Mastery, Risen Executioner, and Vanquisher's Banner.
I focused more on adding draw and tweaking the mana base and land count. I added Demonic Tutor, Curse of Disturbance, Culling the Weak, and Court of Ambition.
|Have (5)||metalmagic , TheRealSpecialK , Thefrigidbagel , BillyBalverine , Galdelonian|
|Want (2)||Amaterasu312 , sheetsie|