Geth, Lord of the Vault
Legendary Creature — Zombie
Intimidate (This creature can't be blocked except by artifact creatures and/or creatures that share a colour with it.)
: Put target artifact or creature card with converted mana cost X from an opponent's graveyard onto the battlefield under your control tapped. Then that player mills X cards.
|Have (2)||switchkill65 , metalmagic|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Geth, Lord of the Vault Discussion
3 weeks ago
If you want mono black mill, Geth, Lord of the Vault is the card you want.
1 month ago
I see a lot of things that dont synergise very well or cost far too much mana, i would remove Meteor Golem for Artisan of Kozilek i know its slightly more mana but has more versatility and more power. Nirkana Revenant id say is a must because she gives you more mana and can one hit someone, Reanimate , Rise of the Dark Realms , Sepulchral Primordial , Puppeteer Clique , Geth, Lord of the Vault , Chainer, Dementia Master
Malakir Rebirth Flip has no real value in this deck id remove this for Sudden Spoiling or Tragic Slip or Entomb . you need some lower mana tutors at the like Diabolic Tutor , Vampiric Tutor , Exsanguinate would be good to help balance the life. board wipes like Necromantic Selection , Decree of Pain and Black Sun's Zenith . Nim Deathmantle . things like Grave Pact woundn't be a bad idea to add. Mortuary Mire and Crypt of Agadeem
sorry i feel like ive just ripped apart the deck
3 months ago
food for thought
Stolen Strategy , Pako, Arcane Retriever , Haldan, Avid Arcanist , Reversal of Fortune , Mindclaw Shaman , Hedonist's Trove , Ghastly Conscription , Geth, Lord of the Vault , Etali, Primal Storm
3 months ago
Thanks sSasquatch! Another practical advantage of theft as a gameplay strategy is that it scales quite a bit with the strength of your opponents' decks. Geth, Lord of the Vault and Olivia Voldaren are two more potential enablers for this strategy.
Hullbreacher is a windmill slam, I ordered one last week and will be slotting it in for sure. Hullbreacher is very powerful on its own but has additional synergy with Dack Fayden and Windfall, I may also test the new Wheel of Misfortune alongside it.
4 months ago
Thanks for the advice. I took your suggestions into consideration and although I did already have Eternal Witness in the list I added the others. As well as Ashnod's Altar and Nim Deathmantle. I removed Viridian Zealot for Caustic Caterpillar, Caller of the Pack for Sakura-Tribe Elder, Raving Dead for Plaguecrafter, and honestly can't remember what for Viscera Seer lol. Geth, Lord of the Vault's utility at getting opponents artifacts and creature made him hard to part with and Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief being able to kill indestructible but I'm always open to more suggestions and thank you for taking your time to help.
4 months ago
This is a fun looking deck. I’m not sure about your playgroup but I always find mill to be a extremely hard strategy in multiplayer games. To that end I would suggest removing some of the single target mill cards for global mill effects. Some good cards to consider are Sword of Body and Mind , Sphinx's Tutelage , Maddening Cacophony and Ruin Crab. I would also recommend adding the Geth, Lord of the Vault from your side board, because it’s can get you your opponents best create\artifact while also milling. Hope some of these help.
5 months ago
Optimator: Hello there! Always gotta love Vilis decks, especially as detailed as this one :D A lot of cards in Maybeboard would fit the deck really well (I just have no idea why you got some cards two or three times there), but I would try to minimalize the maybeboard as much as possible, to not look the deck so chaotic.
I run Vilis in my Syr Konrad's For the Void deck.. he doesnt really fit the theme/idea of the deck so well, but Vilis is just too badass to cut out :D (anyway, any feedback/suggestions would be welcomed aswell <3 )
Some cards in deck I would cut, why, and their replacement:
1) Falkenrath Noble - might be a nice card in an aristocrat deck, there isnt really any way to generate->sac big amount of your creatures to abuse Falkenrath Noble as much as possible, also costs . If you want an aristocrat, Bastion of Remembrance could be a possible option aswell. Its cheaper, gives you a 1/1 token and has the same effect as F.Noble. Sure, can't attack or block, but Bastion is also harder to remove since its an Enchantment.
2) Leaden Myr - as you already mentioned, a possible cut for some other mana-rock.. I would switch it for Malakir Rebirth Flip as an another kind of "protection" to either Vilis or another important creature at the moment. With Vilis on board, it even draws you two cards (destroy protection, draw two cards, triggering aristocrat-like effects at instant speed for only ? YES PLEASE! ). In worse case scenario, its also additional land drop. Another possible replacement could be Blood Celebrant, which synergies well with both Vilis and K'riik.
3) Liliana's Contract - would probably fit better in some Demon tribal deck or Conspiracy deck. You also have only six Demons in your deck, all of them with fairly high mana cost. As a better card-draw, I would add either Greed, since it draws you 3 cards with Vilis on board, maybe even Skullclamp that would draw you two cards every turn with Ophiomancer, but Greed would be most likey better option, since there isnt really any other way to generate a lot of tokens every turn.
4) Crux of Fate - no Dragons in your deck, not even so many of them in black in general, so outside of politic reason, other 5CMC or less boardwipes would be better. I personally love Life's Finale, its more expensive than Crux of Fate, but enables you to look and search in target opponent's deck and put up to 3 creatures from their deck into theri graveyard, which would synergize with Chainer, Dementia Master, Geth, Lord of the Vault and some other.
5) Ruinous Path - sorcery speed removal is kinda meh, so something like Hero's Downfall is just better. I personally like Eat to Extinction, even if its more expensive, it helps with top-deck managment (+exiles targeted creature/pw).
6) Cut few swamps for:
6a) Cabal Stronghold - Stronghold is cheap, can tap itself for and can give you plenty of later on.
6b) Emergence Zone - I personally love this utility land, just because it gives you spells Flash whenever you sac it. It doesnt ETB tapped and can help you casting some stuff when you sac it.
7) Chaos Wand - might be a fun card, but doesnt really fit the deck at all. I would cut it for Bontu's Monument to make a lot of your big black stuff cheaper and another small source of life-gain.
8) Big mana-rocks: Gilded Lotus and Thran Dynamo - I used to run those too, but slowly started replacing them with cheaper mana rocks like Thought Vessel and Arcane Signet. Hedron Archive is okay-ish since it can draw you two cards when you no longer need it, but with Vilis and especially mono-black, there can always be enough card draw.
9) Spellbook - would be fine, if you didnt manage to get your Reliquary Tower or Venser's Journal on board, but otherwise its just a dead card that does nothing to you anymore. I would rather replace it with Ivory Tower to get some life back.
10) Curtains' Call - I would replace this one for one of the following:
10a) Devour in Shadow/Vendetta - cheap removal that can potentionaly draws you X cards aswell.
10b) Dismember - depending on how big the creature is, but since you could cast it for only one and draw 4 cards aswell, its decent choice aswell.
10c) Snuff Out - free removal in 99.999% time, which can draws you 4 cards aswell, but not for black creatures, which, depending on your opponent's deck, might be important. Still most likely a better option.
10d) Tragic Slip - goes through indestructible, but requires a creature to die to be maximum effective, which might be sometimes a problem. Still, really good one.
10e) Malicious Affliction - another cheap removal, which is also locked to non-black creatures, but is able to destroy two creatures if a creature died already, so similar issue like Tragic Slip.
10f) Profane Command - I just totally love this card. Its not instant, but can be really flexible in various situations, so I would probably go for this as a replacement.
10g) Erebos's Intervention - similar to Profane Command, it flexile aswell, providing you to remove some indestructible creature and get some life; or serves as a fairly decent graveyard hate at instant speed.
I won't go through cards in maybeboard, even though there is plenty of really nice cards that would work so well in Vilis's deck, like Bolas's Citadel, Doom Whisperer, Font of Agonies and Phyrexian Reclamation and many more, it would just be a little too much, I would say... :D
I hope some of my suggestions will help, gonna upvote this for sure, just because it looks really nice, especially with so many possible cards that could easily fit so well :)
6 months ago
I've been "upgrading" the deck a bit recently with some cash from selling some old Pokemon cards I had laying around (seriously, check if you have any old ones... some are worth a LOT).
I've been focusing on lowering the average CMC of the deck and making it more consistent! I've also added few more cards that can regain me life, mainly to balance out the damage many of my own cards deal to me! I'm swapping out my Swamps with Snow-Covered Swamps to fuel Dead of Winter, a pet sweeper of mine. I'm also preparing for the possibility of a Snow theme in the 2021 sets!
I've added some more large-scale removal options, including Dead of Winter, Archfiend of Depravity, as well as some new pinpoint removal options with Hagra Mauling Flip and Noxious Gearhulk. I'm hoping all the removal will make Revel in Riches (which I've finally gotten around to adding after so many recommendations) a viable win condition!
The cards that I've been cutting have mainly been ones I've found sitting dead in my hand for many games because they're just too situational. Skeleton Key costed too much just to have the chance to Loot a few times, and relied on having a Creature in play that could attack without dying instantly. Supernatural Stamina had a best case scenario of getting a 1-for-1, and maybe triggering an ETB effect again, and the new card Malakir Rebirth Flip does a very good impression, but with the bonus of being a and in an opening hand. Plaguecrafter and Massacre Girl weren't tooooo bad, working well with recursion effects and Mimic Vat, but I found they were often dead in my hand for many games.
The only card I've recently cut that I think I might try to fit back in is Desecration Demon. This absolute BEATSTICK has performed really really well! He's also a pretty good resurrection target, and most games I find ways to play him over and over again (I think my record is 6 times in a 1v1 match). He works very well with Profane Command as he's so cheap! His downside of being able to be tapped at start of combat with a Sacrifice tends to be almost totally negated in this deck, which actively wants your opponents Creatures to die!
I've recently gotten a copy of Chainer, Dementia Master, which I'm going to try out as an alternative commander for this deck when I'm feeling extra spicy. I might end up putting him in the 99, maybe replacing Geth, Lord of the Vault, who can't target my own creatures? If anyone has experience with Chainer, I'd love to know how well he works in the 99!
Anyway, Commander Legends looks like it's not going to give me tooo many new toys for this deck (although War Room looks pretty good!). If anyone has any further suggestions or any questions, I'd love to hear them!