Ob Nixilis Reignited
Planeswalker — Nixilis
+1: Draw a card and you lose 1 life.
-3: Drestroy target creature.
-8: Target opponent gets an emblem with "Whenever a player draws a card, you lose 2 life."
|Have (2)||gildan_bladeborn , dexxter7|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Ob Nixilis Reignited Discussion
2 months ago
2 months ago
I love demon deck ideas. The only drawback is alot of demons have REALLY shitty negative stuff they do as well.
Griselbrand get this boi in there. he fucks. hard. I'd also def keep the Master of Cruelties and maybe even throw in some Lightning Greaves to protect your heavy hitters. Sire Of Insanity also a fuckin sick demon who works well with top decking if you have Varragoth, Bloodsky Sire out. Demigod of Revenge is also a sick ass card thats easy to play with your basic mana set up. Also maybe consider 1-2 Ob Nixilis Reignited for some late game card draw and variation to keep opponents on their toes.
Biggest advice would be to dial back on some of the demons/devils just for the sake of having them. Some of em are trash. For example you could ditch the Tibalt's Rager for maybe some Spike Jester or Dreadhorde Butcher
2 months ago
Hey Walrighti, +1!
Congrats on your first deck! You have a lot of fun cards in here and it looks great! I imagine you want to tune and make it even more efficient so here are some ideas...
Add 3 categories: #Combo, #Lifegain, and #Evasion; and then sort your maybeboard the same way you've done your mainboard to easily rank your choices within a category (By "combo" I mean all your "if-then" cards like Trudge Garden that are slower and don't work by themselves). Remove #Creatures (most of them are #Combo).
Avoid most cards above 4 cmc... Willowdusk is fast and fragile, so play into that... Also, prioritize cards that can do 2 or more things or that give value on ETB... If you have pet cards that don't really fit and that hurt to cut, put them in a "I'll build that theme later" list.
-1 Pelakka Wurm
-1 Ezzaroot Channeler ... cut the fatties.
-1 Decree of Pain ... too slow
-1 Bow of Nylea ... meh
-1 Sangromancer ... amazing card but doesn't trigger when you need it to.
-1 Venser's Journal ... also amazing, but too conditional for this build
-1 Ranger's Path ... all your ramp should be on turn 2
-1 Temple of the False God ... this card is almost never good
+1 Devoted Druid ... this card is a beast
+1 Talisman of Resilience ... #Ramp
+1 Llanowar Elves ... #Ramp... the elves enable Willowdusk combos on turn 3.
+1 Viridian Joiner ... #Ramp... #Combo
+1 Killing Wave
+1 Massacre Girl ... #Wipe
+1 Beast Within ... #Removal
+1 Golgari Charm ... #Evasion
~1 Rancor ... Trample and haste are important... #Evasion
~1 Destined ... the choices are really good.
+1 Soul Channeling ... #Combo with Willowbark and stick to the board...
~1 Phyrexian Processor ... fun?
~1 Lurking Evil ... maybe?
~1 Solidarity of Heroes ... #Combo
~1 Ooze Flux ... tokens at instant speed?
~1 Retribution of the Ancients ... removal?
+1 Thought Gorger ... (leaves)
+1 Return of the Wildspeaker ... #Draw
+1 Triskelion ... #Combo
+1 Nighthawk Scavenger ... #Fatty
...Always play at least 10 ramp spells under 3 cmc.
...Playtest and make sure Willowbark consistently makes a fatty (with evasion) before turn 6-7.
Happy building :)
RicketyEng on None
2 months ago
Some clarification of Obby's timeline:
1) Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath conquered his home plane then sparked.
2) On his travels/conquests of other planes at some point he was attracted by The Chain Veil 's power. However he was cursed by it when he touched it and started becoming a demon.
3) He travelled to Zendikar in hopes of using its powerful and wild mana to stop or reverse his demonic transformation.
4) Upon his arrival on the plane its protector, Nahiri, the Lithomancer , implanted a hedron in his forehead which robbed him of his spark and caused his wings to wither and eventually die. Ob Nixilis, the Fallen
5) After a few thousand years Jace, the Mind Sculptor was trying to figure out how to help Garruk, the Veil-Cursed . He extracted the hedron from Ob Nixilis's forehead and managed to implant it in Garruk's arm. In both Ob Nixilis and Garruk the hedron had the effect of subduing the veil's curse. It brought some clarity to the mind of Garruk, Apex Predator .
6) I remember reading a story where Ob Nixilis, Unshackled was buried alive and he very gradually dug his way down and toward a power source he could sense. This is how he found the Khalni Heart which he first tried to use to reignite his spark before Nissa, Voice of Zendikar stopped him.
7) Utterly sick and tired of Zendikar at this point, and buried alive once more after his duel with Nissa, Nixilis vowed vengeance on the entire plane. He hijacked the Aligned Hedron Network when the Zendikari momentarily managed to trap Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger . Ob Nixilis Reignited managed to siphon off enough power from Ulamog to reignite his spark. He then broke Ulamog out of the hedron prison and summoned Kozilek to the surface. He took the time to easily defeat Nissa, Gideon, and Jace before leaving, but Chandra showed up in time to rescue them. At that point it wasn't worth the effort to stick around for any more petty vengeance so he left.
8) Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted took part in the War of the Spark. He joined Karn, Samut, and Dack Fayden on their mission to close Tezzeret's Planar Bridge from the Amonkhet side (they travelled through the portal itself because of The Immortal Sun ). Tezzeret didn't put up much of a fight. Nixilis burned large swaths of the remaining Eternal army before planeswalking away.
6 months ago
I see someone else has already started brewing the new commander. I really like where the deck is heading! Here are a couple suggestions I would give for the brew:
-1 Beacon of Unrest... In general I dont think you'll be getting enough cards in opponent's graveyards for this to matter very much
-1 Crux of Fate... No dragons in the deck, doesn't seem incredibly good at 5 mana, but you can keep this one in without a huge problem.
I'm noticing maybe too much emphasis on a theft style of play? I personally would go the route of controlling your opponents hand and board until you can ramp to Tibalt and pop off, though this is your choice.
-1 Grab the Reins...7 mana for getting a little value out of a creature the destroying it just isn't good enough when you could be devoting that slot to better ramp options (which this deck desperately needs)
Nothing much to say here, maybe cut a mountain or two for some swamps for better mana? Maze of Ith seems good for protecting walker Tibalt in a pinch
-1 Stormfist Crusader... One extra card per opponent usually won't matter
-1 Glasses of Urza... this card will never be relevant. Ever.
Nothing much to say here in terms of cutables.
-1 Angrath, the Flame-Chained... To expensive, too little payoff
-1 Ob Nixilis Reignited...inefficient card draw/removal engine
Cards to Consider
Note: Add more sacrifice outlets like Yawgmoth, Thran Physician or Phyrexian Altar to prevent your opponents from getting any creatures you stole back. Additionally, I would suggest to find a few more cards of removal and focus on making the deck play as smoothly as possible. Really love where the deck is headed. Good work =)
8 months ago
Psychosis Crawler and Seizan, Perverter of Truth do not get doubled by Obosh, the Prey Piercer, as they cause loss of life instead of dealing damage. Same for Baneful Omen, Angrath, the Flame-Chained, and Ob Nixilis Reignited.
9 months ago
Cards to play: Psychosis Crawler which will reward you for drawing by dealing damage. Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted is the better ob nixilis for this deck. Whispering Madness, Dark Deal, Reforge the Soul, Magus of the Wheel, Incendiary Command, Wheel of Fate, Time Reversal, Echo of Eons are all wheel effects that make your opponents suddenly draw a ton of cards that will then let you deal damage to everyone. Prosperity Will have everyone drawing equally. Izzet Signet, Dimir Signet, Rakdos Signet, Arcane Signet are decent mana rocks you're missing. Arcane Denial counters a spell and lets them draw and replaces itself. Stormfist Crusader howling mine effect but punishes at the same time.
Cards to take out. Pillage Very inefficient. Quest for Ancient Secrets Very slow. Sadistic Sacrament not really what this deck is truly wanting to do. Shrieking Affliction 99/100 games your opponents will have more than 1 card in hand. Darksteel Plate just too expensive to be good for this deck. Ob Nixilis Reignited not as good as the other ob nixilis. Cerebral Vortex not usually going to deal massive damage and only damages 1 opponent. Painful Quandary I like this card and probably wouldn't get rid of it, but your opponents will usually have the card to discard. Crawlspace not really going with your overall game plan, it does slow your opponents down,but not by enough. Nin, the Pain Artist it's a lot of mana to sink into an effect like this. Curse of Fool's Wisdom only targets 1 player, it's really too limited. Torbran, Thane of Red Fell a lot of your debate sources are black, this is decent with your commander but not much else. Reverberate I didn't see a huge number of decent targets forthis spell and it doesn't do a whole lot of good. Darksteel Ingot I don't personally like seeing 3 cost mana ramp, I'd suggest replacing it with a signet.
I would like to say that I really like your deck, it's an interesting take on an interesting commander. This is meant to be constructive and all with the best intentions.