|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Test of Endurance
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you have 50 or more life, you win the game.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Test of Endurance Discussion
3 days ago
you're running Dark Depths without Hex Parasite or Vampire Hexmage? I'd at least have them on the sideboard. Also the mire, windswept heath, and polluted delta don't really belong in the deck. Even if you can use fetches that don't contain non-cmdr mana symbols, I wouldn't. Switch these out for Orzhov Basilica, Ruins of Trokair, and Ebon Stronghold.
- Felidar Sovereign&Test of Endurance. self explanatory in lifegain edh
- Celestial Mantle, Eternity Vessel will help keep your life up.
- Read the Bones+Sign in Blood will help with card draw.
- Obzedat, Ghost Council, Invincible Hymn, Sanguine Bond, Trigon of Mending, etc. will also help with lifegain. Anything that forces you to gain life for life opponent loses + Sanguine Bond = infinite lifegain. For other ideas see my Oloro deck. It is pretty similar.
1 week ago
Keeping budget (somewhat) in mind, some advice for EDH is to keep average CMC low, ramp high, and unless going pure group hug, having 2 win conditions helps. I'm thinking Felidar Sovereign or Test of Endurance. But all in all, not bad
2 weeks ago
superhuman21, a lot of the cards you suggested are cards that I have at one point or another considered for this deck with the exception of Whispersilk Cloak which I may add now that you've mentioned it! Celestial Mantle + Test of Endurance is also a good wincondition for the deck so I might throw it in. However, many of the other cards suggested are "win-more" cards that I probably wouldn't run because there aren't any cards in here that I think are worth cutting to gain 7 life or give one or two creatures vigilance for the turn.
2 weeks ago
Some cards to suggest:
- Celestial Mantle This one is a huge payoff for its cost
- Whispersilk Cloak Just like greaves/boots
- Angel's Mercy. Lifegain.
- Ivory Cup. This helps combo with any lifegain abilities for card draw.
- Test of Endurance Self-explanatory. It goes together with the above mantle
- Eternity Vessel. This also goes with the mantle to help ensure that you have plenty of life
- Odric, Lunarch Marshal and Odric, Master Tactician. This help boost your other creatures.
Just wanted to list these as some thoughts. otherwise it is looking like a decent deck. Feel free to check out mine as well.
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Trostani! She's so fun.
Test of Endurance is a must have
4 weeks ago
Since you run both Avenger of Zendikar and Craterhoof Behemoth, Tooth and Nail is basically another win-condition. You could either pull one of the less broken/higher costed tutors out for T+N or maybe Congregate? I get that Congregate is a decent card and you're probably going to gain a fair bit of life since you're looking to make a lot of tokens, but how does it really help you win the game? You've got Felidar Sovereign and Test of Endurance (and I guess you could count Storm Herd) as life based win-cons but you have Debt to the Deathless, Exsanguinate and Fumigate to gain you life and all of those cards do more stuff than just gain you life. Instant speed is nice on Congregate too but I feel like there would be a good number of situations when you draw it and there are no creatures on board and it becomes a dead draw. Just some food for thought.
4 weeks ago
Hey TheSpiritombEnthusiast, I really appreciate your input. I've never heard of a lot of those cards! My thoughts:
- Winter Orb - I'd like to run this, but I only have a couple of things in the deck that can tap it. (I do love the fact that the text has been updated to maintain the "tap to turn off" rule that used to apply to all "continuous" artifacts.)
- Torpor Orb - Hooboy, I can see this forcing some decks into "creative" play and causing some frustration. And a two drop! I like...
- Trinisphere - Nice, but same comment as I had for Winter Orb. If I can figure out a reliable way to control it, I could see it fitting nicely.
- Defense Grid - Wow. I guess this probably slows things down a lot but fills the board with permanents over a few turns? Seems powerful for sure.
- Aetherflux Reservoir - Now that is a ridiculous card. Must have.
- Karlov of the Ghost Council - I was looking for something to replace High Priest of Penance, and this is absolutely perfect!
- Sphere of Safety - Nice! Not sure if my enchantment subtheme is quite strong enough to run this right now, but I will definitely keep it in mind.
- Test of Endurance - This seems almost too powerful in EDH. But it does provide a reliable win condition, something I think this deck is lacking.
- Celestial Convergence - This one I'm a bit less excited about, but I guess if I learn to work the life gain properly it should work well for me.
- Dream Tides - If I ever get around to putting a side board together, this will be in it.
- Crawlspace - Back in the day I wouldn't have thought much of this card, but that was before you could generate an army of token critters. Nice one.
Again, thanks a lot for your feedback. Do you have any suggestions for cuts? I've monkeyed around with this deck to the point that I'm starting to feel unreasonably attached to everything in it.