|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Fate Reforged (FRF)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Hound Shaman
At the beginning of your upkeep, draw a card if you control the creature with the greatest toughness or tied for the greatest toughness.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Abzan Beastmaster Discussion
3 weeks ago
Jaddi? Not land focused
Beastmaster? Not fatty focused
Crown? Not wide enough
These cards are all slow, expensive, and make you a target. They are also redundant to Ruric Thar to some extent, which isn't bad, but it isn't copacetic to the plan.
What do these have in common? They're affordable, they're creatures and they ramp you to your fatties.
1 month ago
- Is Eldrazi Monument a bit risky because it dies after a boardwipe?
- Is Worldspine Wurm's casting cost too expensive?
- Is Living Hive and Giant Adephage and Gigantomancer too slow/not enough value from the mana investment?
- Is 30 basic forest plus 9 non-basic land too little, too many, or ok?
- Is Abzan Beastmaster good enough card draw?
- Are the lifegain cards needed/good enough? Essence Warden and Arborback Stomper
- Is Druidic Satchel too slow and mana intensive?
- Is Nissa's Revelation too expensive and inconsistent?
- Is Moonsilver Spear a bit counter-intuitive in an anti-flyer deck? It's supposed to synergise with the token creation and a way to fight opponents' flyers.
- Should I play Squirrel Nest to combine with my Earthcraft for the infinite squirrel combo, or is that a bit inconsistent and unfair?
- Is Whisperwood Elemental any good? It does not synergise with the token creation theme, and has other risks.
- Is Whispersilk Cloak any good? it seems and over costed Swiftfoot Boots, but do I need to protect my commander, plus the unblockable might be valid.
- Is Archetype of Endurance worth it, as it seems like a not as good Asceticism?
2 months ago
2 months ago
Silklash Spider would make a good addition to this list. High toughness value, and hates on flying creatures, which is exactly what Sidar Kondo wants.
Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim is another useful card to have. Ikra Shidiqi allows for some lifegain, and Ayli provides a sacrifice outlet (very useful) which translates into nearly unrestricted, repeatable removal (extremely useful).
Abzan Beastmaster is a very strong draw engine for this type of build.
Ohran Viper dissuades attackers when defending, and the card draw is nice if your opponents don't want to lose their more valuable creatures or chumps.
3 months ago
You have a fun looking package here with a pretty solid game plan.
I have a few tweaking suggestions you could try:
- Search for Tomorrow instead of Harrow, you have very few 1 drops, so the suspend gives your ramping another starting option for turn 1.
- Some sac-for-card draw engine instead of Goblin Bombardment. There are a few options with different mana usage schemes, e.g. Phyrexian Vault, Culling Dais or Carnage Altar
- Tireless Tracker is just one of the best creatures available for landfall based decks, even green decks in general.
- Elvish Piper or Fauna Shaman for getting your best stuff on the field on time.
- Continuous card draw over some of the one shot spells. You have multiple extra land play cards, so you should try to hit those as often as possible. Abzan Beastmaster, Triumph of Ferocity, Elemental Bond and Lifecrafter's Bestiary are usually safe options, Horn of Greed and Fecundity have higher risks involved, but favor your game plan.
- Possible cuts to consider: Soulblast only hits one target for the cost of your whole board, which limits its usability. Angrath's Marauders is likely the most mana inefficient option available for doubling damage. Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer is just big and often doing something more active is preferable.
You probably don't want or need all of that stuff, but you could try some of it and see what works best in your meta.
3 months ago
Looks pretty spiffy :) There's a just a few cards I would recommend:
- Skinshifter; great value considering its ridiculously low casting cost.
- Abzan Beastmaster; in this deck nigh guarantee to draw an extra card during your upkeep.
- Disowned Ancestor; again, great value for next to nothing.
- Fendeep Summoner; two trees for the price of one :)
- Ikra Shidiqi, the Usurper; high toughness + life-gain when your creatures damage opponents.
- Behind the Scenes; wonderful way to make all your creatures unblockable to things that can hurt them.
- Meekstone; a great way to disable lots of opposition (works especially well if you can manage to give all your stuff vigilance).
Hope you have fun with this. I would appreciate some feedback on one of my decks if you have the time. Happy gaming!
4 months ago
Initially, I was expectig to see a full fledged doran deck. So I'm sorry of these suggestions don't fit with what you're trying to do. If you could elaborate on what the plan for this deck is it might give a clearer insight into what you need.
If you do want to build around Doran thue best additons would be Assault Formation and Behind the Scenes. You could use cards like Commune with the Gods, Ajani, Mentor of Heroes and Abzan Beastmaster to draw into them as well as drawig into doran. The rest of the deck would just be cheap 0/4s a play set of Nyx-Fleece Rams, a play set of Kin-Tree Invocation and some removal spells.
However if that's not what you're trying to do wih this deck I'm not sure what to suggest.
Hope that helps a little.
5 months ago
Current Card Draw Engines:Bident of ThassaLifecrafter's BestiaryShamanic RevelationRishkar's ExpertiseZendikar ResurgentTemur AscendancyElemental BondBounty of the LuxaSoul of the HarvestConsecrated SphinxAbzan Beastmaster