Back:Atzal, Cave of Eternity
Journey to Eternity
Legendary Enchantment — Aura
Enchant creature you control
When enchanted creature dies, return it to the battlefield under you control, then return Journey to Eternity to the battlefield transformed under your control.
|Want (2)||Darimasus , happyxcamper1|
Printings View all
|Rivals of Ixalan (RIX)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Journey to Eternity occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.07%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%
Journey to Eternity Discussion
5 days ago
The video may have been confusing Gift of Immortality with other auras that would do what they describe. Fool's Demise, for instance, does something similar, except it returns to the battlefield "under your control" instead of "it's owner's control." Journey to Eternity Flip and Unholy Indenture also function like that.
As mentioned, the owner of a card is set at the start of the game.
- 108.3. The owner of a card in the game is the player who started the game with it in their deck. If a card is brought into the game from outside the game rather than starting in a player’s deck, its owner is the player who brought it into the game. If a card starts the game in the command zone, its owner is the player who put it into the command zone to start the game. Legal ownership of a card in the game is irrelevant to the game rules except for the rules for ante. (See rule 407.)
1 week ago
I don't want to lose low CMC creatures (CMC < 3), because, honestly, they're the reason I never really have mana problems. However, I don't know which bigger creatures I could spare more than others. I'm already looking at swapping out Grave Titan to be replaced by Kessig Cagebreakers, and next on the chopping block would be Polukranos, Unchained. But really, I wouldn't want to go down to too few big creatures if I was replacing them with the mana production necessary to cast them faster. It seems counterproductive.
I know it's how the pros play, and I'm not saying I know better than the standard practice. I also know that I've been in a lot of games, albeit with other decks, where late-game I'm drawing mana rocks and land, like "man, I wish I would have put more creatures and such in this deck." Besides the 32 lands, I have 2 land fetch spells, 4 rocks, 5 creatures that produce mana, and Black Market and Smothering Tithe. That's 45 cards out of 100 dedicated to mana production. Nearly half the deck.
I'm going to place the suggestions I'm going for into the maybe board. Please do tell me what you would take out for them.
1 week ago
Ooh, reanimator. Some thoughts about the deck:
- You may not be playing enough lands/mana sources, even if you're not having so many mana troubles like you say, considering that your curve peaks at around CMC 3-4. I normally aim for 34 minimum. If you have access to Mana Crypt, Mox Diamond, and/or Chrome Mox, I'd definitely run one or more of those. (Mox Tantalite could be a good back-up if needed.) Otherwise, maybe upping your land count to 34 or so would probably help, or throwing in things like Land Tax and Sylvan Library to help you find your land cards. (Smothering Tithe, as you said, is a great ramp spell... but you need the lands to cast it!) Other lands I could see as good additions are Murmuring Bosk and Eiganjo Castle.
- While your white is a splash, Thalia's Lancers is a fairly good tutor for your legendary stuff (and you have quite a bit of it!). In terms of tutors, I could suggest Entomb.
- Apart from the gold standard Reanimate and Animate Dead, a possibly interesting reanimation spell that might work in your deck is Living Death (and especially in a combo with Grave Pact!). You could also look into Journey to Eternity Flip, which gives you a repeatable reanimation effect (in land form!).
- For other kill spells, in your colors, Vindicate or Pernicious Deed are the ones that immediately come to mind.
4 weeks ago
I would add something to effect how you tap for mana, and a few instant cards for spot removal. The reusable enchantments are nice but if it's not out you might need to stop a creature with haste or a big trampler. Zendikar Resurgent is a good mana card that isn't too expensive. Doubling Cube, or Nyx Lotus might help also. I would also consider some mana rocks like Sol Ring, Arcane Signet, Gilded Lotus, Dimir Signet. Bringing things back is fine, but you need the mana to get your commander out and drop the creatures out. You might also try Journey to Eternity Flip to protect you commander and once it dose you add a good land.
1 month ago
Field of the Dead (if you don't run this you're dead to me)
1 month ago
Looks good! You might like these: Illusionist's Bracers, Animate Dead, Death's Presence, Gutter Grime, Skullclamp, Kaya's Ghostform, Journey to Eternity Flip, Black Market, Pitiless Plunderer, Morality Shift, Phyrexian Reclamation, Mortivore, Nighthowler, Splinterfright, Gleancrawler, Sakura-Tribe Elder
3 months ago
I Added the following cards to my version of this... also still a wip. Might be decent suggestions for you tho.
Dictate of Erebos God-Eternal Bontu Butcher of Malakir Journey to Eternity Flip Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon Sol Ring Kresh the Bloodbraided Brass's Bounty Dragonlair Spider Sheoldred, Whispering One Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger
4 months ago
Thoughts (Not things which should automatically be included; but things to consider.);
- Mikaeus, the Unhallowed -->Redundancy for Grumgully
- The Gitrog Monster -->Additional Lands for Turn but on top of that a free sacrifice/Korvold trigger each turn and synergizes SUPER well with fetches.
- Tendershoot Dryad -->pretty damn good token producer and potential wincon
- Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest -->Makes your board get out of hand VERY quickly.
- Squandered Resources -->kinda speaks for itself.
- Harrow , Crop Rotation , Scapeshift , Splendid Reclamation , Khalni Heart Expedition -->Ramp and draw, what's not to love?
- Journey to Eternity Flip-->Considering the number of sac outlets we are looking to run, this card quickly becomes a good one per turn re-animator.
- In my mind this may be a deck which wants to go a little heavier on multiple lands per turn with Azusa, Oracle, Gitrog and Exploration. It allows a focus on using fetches to trigger Korvold while also generating value with things like Field of the Dead or Strip Mine. Maybe keep