Back:Atzal, Cave of Eternity
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Rivals of Ixalan (RIX)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Journey to Eternity
Legendary Enchantment — Aura
Enchant creature you control
When enchanted creature dies, return it to the battlefield under you control, then return Journey to Eternity to the battlefield transformed under your control.
Journey to Eternity Discussion
1 day ago
Quick addendum after some more playtesting!
Some more thoughts on the long-term future of the deck, and some quality-of-life improvements:
- Boseiju, Who Shelters All : while it doesn't stop a Venser, Shaper Savant , it does stop the vast majority of counters from interacting with a big Exsanguinate or Torment of Hailfire . This doesn't feel great though as an early game draw, and the land base does feel a little stretched at the moment. This might not be an inclusion until after another lookover of the land base.
- Volrath's Stronghold : This could be a land substitute for Journey to Eternity Flip, allowing you to recycle creatures without having to go through the two-step process of flipping the aura.
- Beseech the Queen : Another possible tutor that can hit anything in the deck including land, not a bad topdeck lategame to find a finisher.
- Veil of Summer : I'm not 100% sold on this but it makes your spells uncounterable for a turn, on top of this it stops most spells that interact with land (such as Assassin's Trophy and Vindicate ) on top of stopping blue targeted bounce effects like Venser, Shaper Savant .
- Mirage Mirror : I was initially skeptical of this card, however after seeing it in play I'm not against it's inclusion in this archetype, the main consideration will be what is the appropriate cut?
Nevertheless, I think the deck is hitting a nice balance of keeping true to theme but remaining competitiveness at the moment.
1 day ago
Secrets of the Dead Spore Frog Constant Mists Pernicious Deed Mulldrifter Mystic Remora Rhystic Study Life from the Loam Plaguecrafter Shriekmaw Sakura-Tribe Elder Caustic Caterpillar Eternal Witness Underrealm Lich World Shaper The Gitrog Monster Satyr Wayfinder Commander's Sphere Fleshbag Marauder Sidisi, Undead Vizier Siren Stormtamer Stitcher's Supplier Glen Elendra Archmage Coiling Oracle Deathrite Shaman Yavimaya Elder River Kelpie Meren of Clan Nel Toth Riftsweeper Nyx Weaver Courser of Kruphix Golgari Grave-Troll Dreamborn Muse Buried Alive Entomb Final Parting Victimize Windfall Altar of Dementia Crucible of Worlds Ramunap Excavator Skullclamp Lotus Petal Lion's Eye Diamond Mind Stone Gilded Lotus Journey to Eternity Flip Seal of Doom Greater Good Dakmor Salvage
4 days ago
If you want to sacrifice for value, I highly recommend Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest . Since he provides neither sacrifice nor recursion by himself, I think he’s often underestimated. Provide the sacrifice ( Butcher of Malakir , Xathrid Demon , Sidisi, Undead Vizier ), the reanimation ( Hell's Caretaker , Journey to Eternity Flip, Sheoldred, Whispering One ), and tokens to buff ( Mycoloth , Korozda Guildmage , Pentavus ), and he can do some work. Better than Meren, Muldrotha, or Karador? Probably not, but possibly more interesting.
1 week ago
Journey to Eternity Flip is a pretty nice card to. Its a pseudo protection piece for muldrotha then flips into a nice little piece of Creature Recusion. I could potentially see it being somewhat useful in your deck because you have a few more 6+CMC creatures than I do so you'll be getting some creatures back for a discount of 1-3ish maybe :)
I have no idea what you'd wanna remove though for those two. Your deck seems pretty nicely tuned! I felt similar but It was nice insight seeing your deck and reading your write up to reflect and realize that some of the cards in my own deck aren't performing enough to make the cut anymore and that it's time to try using some of the cards I saw in your deck! :)
3 weeks ago
Journey to Eternity Flip seems like it could put in some work in this deck, especially since it's recurable with Kethis. You could also run some on-color legendary lands: Shizo, Death's Storehouse , Okina, Temple to the Grandfathers , Eiganjo Castle , Flagstones of Trokair , and Urborg (the Legends one) all come to mind.
3 weeks ago
Legions landing is an experiment. I predict I need more 1 cost legendary. It's close to a mana dork. I don't know on natures will. Same with hammer. I think I should add in legendary that grants protection. I am leaning towards Journey to Eternity Flip. A big problem with the hammer is that it doesn't help us vs Toxic Deluge a rather common board wipe.
3 weeks ago
Some cards I'd look at:
1 month ago
I'm loving the deck so far. I dont have LED, but in my meta it works well enough with Lotus Petal . I don't realy like Curator's Ward . I use Journey to Eternity Flip in the place of the ward. Is a good protection and a tool for recursion. The downside is that exile breaks the card. I think that is a good alternative for protection on this deck.
Journey to Eternity occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.07%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%