|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Zendikar vs Eldrazi||Rare|
|Rise of the Eldrazi||Rare|
Combos Browse all
It That Betrays
Creature — Eldrazi
Annihilator 2 (Whenever this creature attacks, defending player sacrifices two permanents.)
Whenever an opponent sacrifices a nontoken permanent, put that card onto the battlefield under your control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
It That Betrays Discussion
5 days ago
have you considered Skeletal Vampire? the manacost is a bit high but you can make your opponents sac 2 creatures the turn he comes in if savra is on the field, and you get to keep a 3/3 flyer.
also while your ulamog is a great finisher and beater, he feels a bit more like goodstuff than synergestic here. you could consider It That Betrays
6 days ago
Fun cards yet budget:
- Hermit Druid. Mill yourself big time.
- Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder. very budget, very nasty.
- Hornet Queen. smile widely, everytime you find her in the graveyard. 1/1 flying deathtouch is GOOD, and a wipe delivers 5 counters for Meren.
- Smothering Abomination. draw!
- Wake the Dead. boom
- Sell Mike and get Cauldron of Souls. More synergy with +1 giving creatures, and spent the rest of the budget on Massacre Wurm and It That Betrays
Cards to cut:
1 week ago
My List. You can check this out for ideas.
A few recommendations I've got would be:
- Remove a few lands. 36-38 would be better. Also, try to use as many lands that can sac themselves as you can.
- Remove cards that don't synergize with your theme. i.e. Eldrazi Conscription. Sure It can enchant a creature and do work, but I'd rather use something like It That Betrays for permanent stealing and because you can reanimate it.
- Speaking of reanimation effects, I'd consider Liliana, Defiant Necromancer Flip, and Ever After. Living Death could also be strong.
- Not reanimation, but Eternal Witness should be in here to reuse reanimation effects and other cards in general. Greenwarden of Murasa and Skullwinder would also work here.
Just a few suggestions I've got. Just remember to keep #2 in mind. Try to have as much synergy as possible.
1 week ago
Pricey cards you can do without in my opinion:
- Abrupt Decay - one card for one card is not that good in commander. And this one is pretty narrow.
- Breeding Pool / Overgrown Tomb / Watery Grave lots of budget alternatives that are just a bit slower, but will do fine in most playgroups.
- Command Beacon - nice to have, but you risk lacking the right color when playing 3 colours.
- Death's Shadow - why is this creature so important?
- Hall of the Bandit Lord - Try Swiftfoot Boots instead.
- Birds of Paradise - manadorks are fragile and take a turn to get working. As land-destruction is in most playgroups not-done, better play some ramp-cards.
That should bring the deck down on budget.
Some ideas to add:
- Body Double
- Hermit Druid - mill yourself. fast.
- Extractor Demon - fill the graves
- Chancellor of the Spires - synergy!
- Chill of Foreboding
- Dread Summons
- Duskmantle Guildmage
- It That Betrays - sneak this baby in from the graveyard and have fun.
More ideas here
2 weeks ago
I don't mind the comments section being filled up, as I find it very informative reading the back & forth in other decks.
Your absolutely right about Dust not being tutorable. I think I've caught myself before trying to do that too, Eye tutors for colorless creatures - which is damn useful! It was another way to get Duplicant, which I had in here & have pitched. In that case, i always had it in hand @ the wrong times! You might be able to get away with less mass removal due to the format. I've got to worry about 4 other board states in my meta, so sweepers are very important.
I'm at a point I am struggling to find slots for these cards lol. I pulled Transcendent Master, Ethersworn Canonist & crap I forget what else.... I put in the statuary, along with Treasure Keeper & Sram. I only saw statuary once & it was destroyed before I untapped. Good timing on their part too, I was @ 6 mana w 2 artifacts & Ugin in hand! Needed to exile the board too! Lol. TK should be a rock star here, but the 4 times I had it, it was pretty bad. Seems like cheating something in is great, and most my deck has a great utility & synergy - but maybe not when just randomly thrown out there. I'm going to give it a little more time before cutting it. Same with statuary. Tho I think I'm really going to miss Canonist. Sram never hit the board. So he's still in for testing.
Going back to Eye of Ugin. It cheapens Dust, Conscription & Displacer. I originally had It That Betrays but it just wasn't working out. I pitched Kozi cause I seemed to struggle for that 10 mana & usually drew it early game. i don't think I actually ever got the benefit of drawing a full hand? Maybe once. Tho I've considered other eldrazi. CoupleOf the newer ones. Also being able to tutor up a colorless creature is handy (more so if I end up bringing back Dup). With all that, it suuucks drawing early game. If I pitch it, I'll bring in an additional plains, as well as getting rid of conscription for maybe Worldslayer, or Sword of War and Peace. Just something I've been considering, again.
3 weeks ago
Thanks! I appreciate the suggestions. I completely forgot about Conduit of Ruin when building this. As crazy as it sounds, I'm trying to avoid cards at or over $2 so I probably won't be including Void Winnower or It That Betrays but I will sort Artisan of Kozilek in. And while I like Expedition Map I'm not sure if I'm willing to buy into a full set quite yet.
3 weeks ago
You can add a full set of 4 Expedition Map for around $6 to help build Tron, and some of the cheaper big Eldrazi like Void Winnower/It That Betrays/Artisan of Kozilek for possibly a better endgame. Conduit of Ruin is also cheap and can fetch them.
3 weeks ago
I also have an upgraded Meren deck. It's a lot of fun to get things back from your graveyard from free. There are definitely things that you can add that would make the deck run smoother. First, I'd take out Strata Scythe as it's not great unless you are mono-colored or your opponents share a color with you. Corpsejack Menace also wouldn't do too much work in this deck.
You definitely want more reanimation spells. Dread Return, Rise from the Grave, Animate Dead. A combo I have found to be very potent is The Gitrog Monster + Lotleth Troll + Dredge Creature (like Golgari Grave-Troll). You can discard the dredge creature to Lotleth Troll and as long as you keep hitting lands, The Gitrog Monster will keep triggering a draw card, which you can then use to dredge and then start the cycle all over again emptying however much of your library into your graveyard. It takes some setup, but then you can reanimate whatever you want. Some other good cards to look into are Sheoldred, Whispering One, It That Betrays, Fleshbag Marauder, Awakening Zone with From Beyond (Ramp plus free sac outlets), Liliana's Elite and Splinterfright can get really big and are great sac fodder to Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord to win games. Lots of other stuff. I have mine tuned for cheating in huge creatures so I have some other ways to do that like Aetherworks Marvel. Hit me up with any questions.