|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Zendikar vs Eldrazi (DDP)||Rare|
|Rise of the Eldrazi (ROE)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
It That Betrays
Creature — Eldrazi
Annihilator 2 (Whenever this creature attacks, defending player sacrifices two permanents.)
Whenever an opponent sacrifices a nontoken permanent, put that card onto the battlefield under your control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (30)||rebelteddybear , ironax , Willis1994 , Justinaut , joshw335 , AAHFI , Wolfebladeelite , Psycheretic , jhTheMan99 , Vasbear1 , davir , Archegos , GoldGhost012 , Sparky41 , Clawsun73 , gildan_bladeborn , pskinn01 , HR19 , Fullmetalmage , hwagner , PTsmitty , kpral , mazrimtaim , warcry02 , bigc137 , asceveris , switchkill65 , geazykagar , frederiklw , mziter501|
|Want (4)||mlouden03 , LegendDeer , BlueMageBrandon , richardmv|
It That Betrays Discussion
1 week ago
I like the deck, but I have a few suggestions. You could add Exquisite Blood so you can go infinite with Sanguine Bond. You should also probably get rid of some of the more expensive creatures, like Wurmcoil Engine, Angel of Despair, Divinity of Pride, It That Betrays etc., in favor of more token generation, like Luminarch Ascension or Spirit Bonds and/or more ways to gain life, like Soul Warden, Soul's Attendant, Serra Ascendant, or Suture Priest.
3 weeks ago
nice deck but missing some stuff
- Molten Nursery pretty much everysingle colorless thing you cast can deal damage to creatures or opponent's
- Emrakul's Influence just cast your eldrazi two card draw
- Kozilek's Return need a third board sweep well here it is.
- Not of This World wow this is not in if they try to get rid of you big guy(s) this can counter it. FOR FREE!
- Corrupted Crossroads this is not in your deck https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74hA6Q7vPI4why.... honestly why... ITS A RAINBOW MANA PRODUCER FOR ALL THE ELEDRAZIS!!!!!!
- Flayer Drone same thing as the nursey but this is etb trigger on creatures so throw in Brood Monitor then you can do infinite damage with Eldrazi Displacer
- It That Betrays *facepalm* why in earths name is this not in if you All Is Dust with this on the field its instantaneously all over for your opponents you just stole every single thing they have.
- Deepfathom Skulker card draw and makes eldrazis unblockable
- Void Attendant exploit the cituation on all of the exiled cards for mana (don't do a sacrifice focused deck though.)
- Brood Butcher nice removal for the small creatures particually keeping Gaddock Teeg from ever seeing the light of the battlefield
- you have the banner (creatures get +1/+1 for each creature that shares a type) so scion/spawn producers is a must Brood Monitor, Blight Herder, Rapacious One, Drowner of Hope, Emrakul's Hatcher, Skittering Invasion and Sifter of Skulls.
- you have From Beyond go get the other one Awakening Zone
- Ashnod's Altar lets change the scions/spawns mana from 1 to 2 shall we.
- last but not least a top secret staple card nobody even bothers to put in stranglely Spreading Plague you just cast korona thne you just lock out anybody from getting creatures on the board and heres the kicker your beautiful eldrazis get untouched by this because devoid means they are colorless and its not a color.
oh heres a bonus if your willing to breath deep and do this but the Gisela, the Broken Blade and Bruna, the Fading Light for a loop hole of getting somewhat two white eldrazi since this can turn into Brisela, Voice of Nightmares
so those are my suggestions
4 weeks ago
A: Pathrazer has Annihilator 3, so the copies will hit more things total, leaving less possibility of them having just enough resources to do something the rest of the game.
B: Pathrazer has triple menace, keeping the opponent from just saccing off their lands, chump blocking, and killing me on the backswing with tokens or whatever.
It that betrays is better if I expect the game to go longer. Pathrazer is better because it makes the game not have to go longer.
As for mana dorks, yes I did consider them, but as the creature-mana is only slightly relevant and therefore Cryptolith Rite is fine enough, and as I'm playing Eldrazi Temples anyway and Brood Monitor is 4 creatures for 6 mana, but only takes up four deck slots, it seemed like the better option to me.
4 weeks ago
Thanks for your suggestions.
As you've mentioned, the deck is low on draw power; it makes up for it by running quite a few tutor cards. If draw power is required, you can tutor for Smothering Abomination as a direct and efficient source of draw-power. To be entirely honest, both Necropotence and Phyrexian Arena being passive draw abilities does not help the deck to be as fast as it needs to be. The deck requires a lot of active abilities to be activated, creating a heavy mana-sink at times; because of this, both cards would not make a cut (in my honest opinion).
Neither Damnation or Decree of Pain will trigger "sacrifice" specific triggers (such as It That Betrays). If you're truly worried about large boards, there is already control in the form of Archfiend of Depravity.
Mikaeus, the Unhallowed neither suits the deck, nor would I be willing to spend the ~$30(CAD) for a card that is going to be targeted before I can get any use out of it. This is the same reason I choose not to run "sacrifice staples" such as Sheoldred, Whispering One; she will just get removed before I get any good use out of her.
Whispersilk Cloak prevents interaction with Yahenni, which is a key part to the deck. Unfortunately, despite your opinion, the unblockable is in fact not worth it.
This deck is loads of fun to play and to play against; I do appreciate the time you took to write your comment and offer suggestions.
1 month ago
I'm pretty sure you could tap your eldrazi spawn with convoke, then sacrifice them for the additional 6 to search for It That Betrays, but i'm not i'm not sure.
1 month ago
Also, what about Vengeful Rebirth for the insane damage it can do to an opponent?