Creature — Beast
Play with the top card of your library revealed.
You may cast the top card of your library if it's a creature card. (Do this only any time you could cast that creature card. You still pay the spell's costs.)
|Have (3)||metalmagic , GeminiSpartanX , sonnet666|
Printings View all
|Welcome Deck 2017 (W17)||Rare|
|Magic 2014 (M14)||Rare|
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Garruk's Horde occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
Garruk's Horde Discussion
3 weeks ago
Legendary Creature - Human Warrior Druid
At end of combat on your turn, untap all lands you control.
You may look at the top card of your library, and you may cast it if it's a creature card.
Beyond triumph, beyond victorious success, there lies a place of serene contentment that cannot be lost once reached.
What if Garruk retired and became a gardener?
First ability represents his gardening and is a callback to his original +1.
Second ability is from Garruk's Horde.
Flavor text is inspired by In Garruk's Wake.
Power is less than toughness because he put down his axe.
Bonus that he combos with Fertile Ground effects.
Repeat this challenge.
5 months ago
Nice you picked a really cool general for your first EDH! Nice to see Gruul getting some love. You do have a lot of noncreature stuff though, which your general seems to hate.
You might swap some of those noncreature things out for some of these: Ruric Thar, the Unbowed, Krosan Restorer, Magus of the Candelabra (this guy is super good when your general is out, all your lands will effectively make 3 mana each!), Voyaging Satyr, Reclamation Sage, Genesis Hydra, Savageborn Hydra, Apocalypse Hydra, Garruk's Horde, Garruk's Packleader, Duskwatch Recruiter Flip, Drumhunter, Artisan of Kozilek, Ulvenwald Tracker, Foe-Razer Regent, Gruul Ragebeast
5 months ago
Further suggestions, on the backs of the two creatures I suggested to you I would cut Garruk's Horde and Ruric Thar, the Unbowed both are high CMC and I think you have other creatures you would rather play for those costs and get more bang for your buck.
On the side of Ramping out, let's talk a couple of options. Grand Warlord Radha could serve you well as you're going to want to be swinging a lot with several creatures. Radha would allow you to generate more mana for doing so and allow you to summon in back up during Main Phase 2 to shore up your defenses.
A Chromatic Lantern might seem decadent or too much for a dual colored deck but let's think of it this way, it's a three cmc mana rock that taps for any color AND color fixes all of your lands the moment it hits the field, that's almost always a good deal.
Talisman of Impulse and Farseek are both great options at only 2 CMC a piece which means we are potentially ramping on Turn 1 AND 2 which is huge. On a related note I would cut Tempt with Discovery as not only is it 4 CMC but in my experience, good players will always choose to let it whiff. OR even worse they will go fetch Ghost Quarter or Strip Mine and blow up anything cool you happen to go get for yourself.
Finally on the high CMC side for Ramp there is Caged Sun and Zendikar Resurgent The Sun is normally limited to mono colored decks but you are currently leaning so heavily into green I don't think you'd ever mind extra green mana at your disposal. Resurgent nets you all important card draw as Gruul has a bad habit of going Hellbent in a hurry.
6 months ago
Then you probably also want some big boys or value producers to go along with those combos. For example, Avenger of Zendikar goes along pretty well with the Mirror Entity combo. Additionally, Polyraptor, Gruul Ragebeast, Verdant Sun's Avatar, Trostani, Selesnya's Voice could be big help too.
Also haste enablers like Urabrask the Hidden, Anger, Fervor, Fires of Yavimaya, Hammer of Purphoros, Rhythm of the Wild. Another great combo would Shifting Shadow, which'll get you a two for one if you attach it to an egg (although the second creature gains haste, but will die)
7 months ago
Thank you for the reply!
- Archetype of Endurance - I ran this for a short bit, and almost never cast it in lieu of something else. After 10+ games of it essentially being a dead card, I took it out.
- Krosan Drover/Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma - I've never consideres doing cost reduction for this deck, as it doesn't help with kamahl's abilities. I prefer ways to generate more mana as it helps to the flow of the deck. I do run goreclaw in my animar deck though because its an amazing card.
- Quicksilver Amulet - great card, I'll have to playtest it and see how it goes.
- Garruk's Horde - I ran this early on and took it out. At 7cmc, odds are I won't cast anything else the turn I cast this. So my opponents will have extra knowledge of what'd in my hand with no immediate payoff.
- Engulfing Slagwurm - I love this card and ran it for a long time. It never survived a round before getting nuked. I may consider putting it back in though because its fantastic.
7 months ago
Greetings I just wanted to provide some (possibly suboptimal) card that I personally like in my green decks.
- Archetype of Endurance to shield yourself and expose everyone else ( this can lead to fun times )
- Krosan Drover for a nice discount ( or Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma )
- Quicksilver Amulet to cheat things out
- Garruk's Horde Can be a nice thing if you don't mind people seeing what is coming up, you can spam things.
- Engulfing Slagwurm I'm super glad that this card is still a secret. This thing is OP as hell in my book.
8 months ago
Creature - Elf Wizard
Play with the top card of your library revealed
You may play the top card of your library if it’s a creature card
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, surveil 1
Is that too broken as an Elf?
New challenge is similar, choose a rare/mythic you opened in a booster that you got and were excited about. Make a card similar or related in some way.
9 months ago
An interesting list!
I would look at lowering/smoothing out your curve, I have found it helps improve the functionality of a deck.