Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Peach Garden Oath
You gain 2 life for each creature you control.
Max_Hammer on These silly hoomans - Need Help
7 months ago
Well hello there! I had way too much time on my hands, so here’s this. By the way, it’s all ordered best to worst. (:
- Circle of Dreams Druid is going to drop loads of mana, assuming you can pay the three green.
- Fallaji Wayfarer is going to give all of your stuff (including your commander) convoke! Not all, but a lot.
- Hamza, Guardian of Arashin is going to make a lot of your creatures cost a lot less.
- Herald of War makes all of your humans dirt cheap if he gets counters. But, oh, what’s that? This deck loves making counters for creatures? Perfect.
- Nissa's Expedition is just Cultivate but it potentially costs a lot less.
- Gaea's Cradle is perfect if you have a small fortune laying around and you’re in need of mana.
- Bennie Bracks, Zoologist every time you make a token? So every turn? Alright, sick.
- Ulvenwald Mysteries lets you investigate the murder of your entire army. A board wipe kills this deck, but this (plus loads of mana) could help bring it back.
- Season of Growth lets you scry a lot, letting you look for pretty much whatever and just pull it out.
- Devouring Light, Conclave Tribunal, Hour of Reckoning are all removal spells but if you’re on a mana budget with a lot of 1/1’s.
- Elspeth Tirel is a board wipe, if you manage to keep her around for long enough. If that’s not what you need, though, she’s got plenty of utility otherwise.
- Coordinated Barrage, Kabira Takedown Flip, and Outflank aren’t super powerful, but can destroy pretty much anything that comes your way. If it’s not hexproofed, shrouded, or indestructible, it will be killed.
- Devout Chaplain says “The power of Christ compels you! Begone!” but this time it actually works.
- Sanctuary Lockdown lets you say “Not this combat phase, Satan,” and if you have enough mana, you can do that again and again and again. Plus, if you decide you can’t, then it’s still a big boy.
- Kamahl's Will will destroy just about anything in sight and can give you extra attacking force, if you can manage a way to keep all of your lands safe.
- Loxodon Hierarch is going to save your deck (which is very sensitive to board wipes) from a board wipe, judy once. Use wisely.
- Scapegoat won’t save your tokens, but it will save everyone else, commander included.
- Kindred Boon can slowly but surely make literally every creature you own indestructible.
- Ephemeral Shields is extra protection that can easily be pulled out of your back pocket.
- Basri's Lieutenant isn’t going to save your deck, but it will buy you time or give you a chance next turn at a kill, if the board wiper was low.
- Song of Freyalise is budget, makes every spell into a convoke spell, and then lets your hammer your opponents with the might of ZEUS!!
- Path of Ancestry should go into every tribal deck!! Well, maybe not every, but it’d definitely be good in this one, so there you go.
- Branching Evolution is just perfect for this deck. Double it, yesssss!
- Hydra's Growth would be perfect on your commander, especially since your best protection works just on them.
- Rick, Steadfast Leader is enough to make a human deck cry. This is no longer a democracy, this is a Ricktatorship.
- Crowned Ceratok, Tuskguard Captain, and Bramblewood Paragon all give your big creatures trample. Just yes.
- Horn of Valhalla can both make a bunch of tokens and then use those tokens to make a big, fuck off 99/99.
- Voice of Resurgence protects you against, or at least discourages the use of, counters and murders on your turn. Why? It makes a big, fuck off 99/99 when someone does.
- Queen Allenal of Ruadach makes more tokens and is a massive body. What’s not to like?
- Hanweir Militia Captain Flip is a mean creature and makes plenty of tokens.
- Primal Vigor, Second Harvest, Anointed Procession, Parallel Lives, and Doubling Season all say “What, you thought I was going to stop at only one million?” Though, I do have a feeling you left these out intentionally. Either they weren’t working or you avoid doubling strategies like these, which totally makes sense.
- Craterhoof Behemoth is, to say the least, a strong card. All of them get trample? And +99/+99? And it has haste? This is a way to turn a game around fast if I’ve ever seen one. The ultimate Might of the Masses creature.
- Might of the Masses is the classic. Instant destruction for just one green. Perfection.
- Seraph of the Masses is a Might of the Masses creature with flying and convoke.
- Shanna, Sisay's Legacy is a Might of the Masses creature with ability hexproof.
- Appeal / Authority is just slow Might of the Masses.
- Huatli, Radiant Champion is Might of the Masses but in Planeswalker form.
- Sigil of the Nayan Gods is Might of the Masses in enchantment form.
- Crusader of Odric is a poor man’s Might of the Masses creature
- Gideon, the Oathsworn just happens to slip and give all of your creatures an absurd number of counters. Not to mention the big body (noticing a pattern yet?) and the one-sided board wipe! He’s got a weird face again, sadly, pass.
- Gideon, Champion of Justice is a board wipe and a big, bad creature all wrapped into one. 7/10, he can dominate me.
- Gideon Jura can goad and destroy stuff. Perfect for removal and instigating fights when you know you’ll win. Not to mention the big scary 6/6 lurking beneath. Also a weird face, pass.
- Gideon of the Trials reads “Fuck your biggest creature, he’s not going to do anything, and also, as long as I’m around, fuck you more.” Nothing crazy, but can definitely make you public enemy #1 for having an effect like that. Pretty normal face, but that ability makes him a dick. 3.4/10
- Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip is just some kid. Ignore him. This is a child, pass.
- Gideon, Battle-Forged!? Where did you come from? Nothing super interesting here, but for one mana not bad. Weird face, pass.
- Gideon, Martial Paragon can give buffs to all of your stuff, which is definitely not bad at all, and your opponents are automatically dead if he gets that ten ability off. That said, this Gideon can get it. 10/10.
- Gideon Blackblade is eh. He’s okay. He can get it, though. 7/10.
- Gideon, Ally of Zendikar can do some generic Gideon stuff. Make tokens, give buffs, be a 4/4. Eh. 6.7/10.
- Reconnaissance lets you attack with everything and then say “Well, no, actually, I didn’t attack with those.” This is one of those cards in Magic that you just have to believe was invented or inspired by toddler games where they invent the rules as they go along, y’know? Anyway swing at will!
- Peach Garden Oath is one mana for a crazy amount of lifegain. Lets you swing aggressively and pay as much life as you want.
- Kindred Summons gives you the gift of as many humans as you damn please. That said, be careful not to deck yourself.
- Sigarda, Champion of Light is the other Sigarda card you might want to add, since she likes giving you stuff.
- Chord of Calling is just a plain good tutor.
- Flight of Equenauts, Ledev Guardian, Conclave Equenaut, Conclave Phalanx, and Argivian Phalanx, are just free creatures, more or less.
Epicurus on Licia Sanguine Tribal
10 months ago
You already have a gigantic maybe board. Let me add a couple more things to it.
Authority of the Consuls slows down your opponents, and adds to your lifegain theme.
Peach Garden Oath, but only if you regularly find yourself accruing a large amount of commander tax. In most cases, it'll make Licia really easy to recast, no matter how much tax you have to pay.
Aetherflux Reservoir should be in every deck that gains a lot of life, if only as a wincon when you're down to one opponent.
Heliod's Intervention in my opinion is just a very good card regardless, but works very well with what you have going here.
Well of Lost Dreams should be in every deck that regularly gains life.
Any other suggestions I might have would detract from thematic elements of the deck, so I'll keep them to myself. Though I might add that Suture Priest, while not being a vampire, certainly feels like he'd hang out with these guys. And Vedalken Orrery might help, since you aren't running very many instants.
That's all I got. Cheers!
3 years ago
I would think about including as many Soul Sisters as possible: Anointer Priest, Soul Warden, Impassioned Orator, Soul's Attendant, Suture Priest and maybe Answered Prayers. These will gain you a lot of time. There is also lump life gain like Conclave Phalanx and Dwarven Priest that work very well with all your blink effects. Peach Garden Oath is also a pretty amazing common. These creatures could easily replace many of your filler creatures, like Ancestral Statue (doesn't provide enough advantage for the cost), Aven Skirmisher, Devoted Hero, Kor Outfitter, Leonin Elder, Savannah Lions and Segovian Angel.
In your lands, you could be running a lot more non-basics to help you out. All the cycling lands, Secluded Steppe, Drifting Meadow and Desert of the True, are great options for filtering through your deck. Other good options are Idyllic Grange, Kabira Crossroads, Radiant Fountain, Remote Farm and Sejiri Steppe.
I hope some of this was helpful!
cascadien on Oloro, Annoying Ascetic.(Budget Control Life Gain)
4 years ago
Peach Garden Oath , Festival of Trokin ' Harmony of Nature ' Toil to Renown will help your life-gain efforts...id also have recommended Marshaling the Troops but it isnt budget friendly.
MollyMab on Boros Aggro - Modern
6 years ago
Erm...this is in no way a control deck. You aren't answering cards 1 for 1. You aren't able to draw into answers. You aren't winning off a very slim set of win cons. And Peach Garden Oath is just a pure life gain card, and those are bad.
DeepbloodEclipse on Life gain control
6 years ago
Ooh, how could I have forgotten Blessed Reversal, This one of those cards that is very useful against heavy aggro decks.
Also, if you want some very simple "you get life" spells, Chaplain's Blessing, Peach Garden Oath, Soul's Grace.
However, all said and done, you still need a win condition, other then just hitting them hard. Alternative win conditions would be like Aetherflux Reservoir and Felidar Sovereign.
bradanuva on Tokens Oh So Many Tokens
7 years ago
You should consider Congregate Since you have so many tokens. Or Peach Garden Oath.