Choose one. If you control a commander as you cast this spell, you may choose both modes.
- Until end of turn, any number of target lands you control become 1/1 Elemental creatures with vigilance, indestructible and haste. They're still lands.
- Choose target creature you don't control. Each creature you control deals damage equal to its power to that creature.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Kamahl’s Will Discussion
6 days ago
Profet93: Thank you for the support! The great part about Om_rath is that there are many ways you can build him. You seem to favor a "makes your lands into elementals" strategy, which is great. It is not my cup of tea though. You mention that I run Sylvan Awakening but I don't think I ever have in this list. I do in my Omnath, Locus of the Roil deck, but not this one. This being said, this also counts out Rude Awakening and Kamahl’s Will in my book.
Castle Garenbrig is another card that is better for a higher creature count deck. Maybe a tribal version of this deck. When it comes to Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth, the Tomb scenario is good, but I never hurt for green mana in this deck, so that isn't enough reason to include it. My land slots are really tight. We need to keep a good number of basics due to all the land ramp we run.
Valakut Awakening Flip is so good because it is a decent card with a HUGE upside of being a land when I want it to. Augur of Autumn will rarely trigger Coven because of all my 5/5s and low creature count, and just getting a land off the top isn't worth a slot to me. Not a bad card by any means though.
Sorry, it kind of feels like I shut you down.... I don't think any of the cards you suggested are bad, they just don't fit my playstyle. I really do appreciate all the suggestions and feedback!
1 week ago
I read your description and your update. I wish I could +1 this again, but then the 69 wouldn't be there anymore. I also love the low avg cmc despite several high CMC cards in the deck.
Regarding your update, you asked for a potential cut for Perilous Forays to come back in the deck. Fiery Emancipation seems like the easiest cut for me. It costs 6 mana, doesn't do anything the turn it comes down and is very much winmore - Helps when you're ahead, does nothing if you are behind. Reading the above comments, it seems you don't want perilous back in the deck. While not an entirely serious suggestion given you already have sylvan awakening, Rude Awakening is definitely worth looking into if your deck description is accurate where you can cast your commander over and over again. At worst, its a ritual. At best, it allows Cradle to tap for massive mana and is another enabler for Shamanic Revelation. It can also just beatdown for the win late game.
Another potential cut is Mina and Den. How often do you need trample? Do you really need the redundancy given Garruk's Uprising? If you were to cut it for an equal CMC card like Kamahl’s Will, I feel you would be better served. Acting as an additional outlet for cradle, shamanic revelation all while providing removal. Best part is that the lands are indestructible (just like sylvan awakening but with so much more benefit for 1 more mana, instant speed too!). You could cut Sylvan awakening if you really feel Mina and Den is necessary to push damage through.
To further field of the dead and ramp out your commander even faster (after 1 commander death tax), or just other creatures, have you considered Castle Garenbrig? Or does the potential of being tapped turn you off to it? If it does, another card to consider is Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth. It makes ancient tomb (so you don't take damage) tap for 1 green, cradle for 1 green if you don't have creatures (after a wipe) and allows your fetches to tap for mana perhaps you don't wanna shuffle (due to your topdeck knowledge like Oracle of Muldaya)
Pushing the envelope a little, Deserted Temple is good synergy with cradle, untap opposing land for politics, or untap yavimaya protection land for additional protection from removal
I would cut Valakuts awakening for Augur of Autumn - Valakut doesn't draw you cards and augur allows you to play lands off the top, potentially creatures too.
Be sure to let me know what you think of each suggestion
1 week ago
This is a mistake, there is no interactions here.
Earthcraft has interaction with the following:
Any Dork creature we drop we don't want attack with or cannot find any opening with. Augur of Autumn, Courser of Kruphix, Eternal Witness, Fierce Empath, Lotus Cobra, Ramunap Excavator, Tireless Provisioner, Oracle of Mul Daya. There are situations were these just sit around.
This will not work or combo with Kamahl’s Will, yet they are both really powerful cards and should be tested. Apologize for any confusion I will proof read another time if I'm editing late lol
That said all those cards need to be tested and I can only find three solid cuts right now. Taking a look at the role of cards tonight instead of interaction.
1 week ago
1 week ago
1 week ago
Took about 2 hours, but finally finished any analysis of my deck and maybe board. What I've done is compared every card in my board against my deck and calculated the amount of interactions that card has to "Go off" or to "do something". Just because a card has a low interaction does not mean it's bad, but it helps us pick out what "feels off".
The lists read like the following, What the cards does, how many interactions it has, what it's function in the deck is.
Resource: A card that it's goal is to let me play heavier things more often and thins to make drawing more powerful
Draw: Draws cards, this is very valuable in Azusa. Azusa likes draw more than anything else. Drawing gets you closer to winning the game much faster than thinning with resources
Kill: These cards have some way to win me the game. I will have to eventually go into detail into all of them. They have a known synergy that lets me setup lethal or are lethal.
Prevent: Prevents me from losing the game. Be it killing something, preventing something, etc
???: Does not fit any category, if this is met then the card should be reassessed.
Card Synergy Type
- Wordly Tutor 24 Tutor
- Finale of Devastation 24 Tutor
- Tooth and Nail 24 Tutor
- Green Sun’s Zenith 23 Tutor
- Natural Order 22 Tutor
- Avenger of Zendikar 17 Kill
- Rishkar’s Expertise 17 Draw
- Augur of Autumn 17 Resource
- Courser of Kruphix 17 Resource
- Oracle of Mul Daya 17 Resource
- Ramumap Excavator 16 Resource/Kill
- Ancient Greenwarden 16 Resource/Kill
- Return of the Wildspeaker 16 Draw
- Scute Swarm 16 Kill
- Tireless Tracker 16 Draw
- Tireless Provision 16 Resource
- Lotus Cobra 16 Resource
- Titania, Protector of Argoth 15 Kill
- Fierce Empath 15 Tutor
- Garruk, Primal Hunter 15 Draw
- Azusa, Lost But seeking 14 Resource
- Woodland Bellower 12 Tutor
- Crucible of Worlds 11 Resource/Kill
- Exploration 11 Resource
- Life From the Loam 10 Resource
- Sylvan Library 10 Draw
- Sensei’s Divining Top 10 Draw
- Rude Awkening 9 Resource/Kill
- Scapeshift 8 Kill
- Ulvenwald Hydra 7 Kill
- Craterhoof Behemoth 7 Kill
- Akroma’s Memorial 7 Kill
- Regal Force 7 Draw
- World Breaker 6 Prevent
- Shamanic Revelation 6 Draw
- Sol Ring 6 Resource
- Nylea’s Intervention 6 Tutor/Kill
- Sylvan Scrying 6 Tutor/Kill
- Horn of Greed 6 Draw
- Greenwarden of murasa 5 Prevent
- Eternal Witness 5 Prevent
- Constant Mists 5 Prevent/Kill
- Vorinclex, Voice of hunger 5 Resource
- Kozilek, the Great Distortion 5 Draw/Prevent
- Genesis Wave 5 Kill
- Bane of Progress 5 Prevent
- Kozilek, Butcher of Truth 4 Kill/Draw
- Blightseel Colossus 4 Kill
- Multani, Yavimaya’s Avatar 4 ???
- Boundless Realms 4 Resource
- Beacon of Creation 3 Kill
- Harmonize 1 Draw
- Jeweled Lotus 1 Resource
- Force of Vigor 0 Prevent
Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar with the over changes to the deck feels like it's falling off. It has a good interaction with Greater Good, but getting both of those cards off is unlikely. I also feel that every time I want to grab for an X creature it's hydra. This card is potentially on the chopping block.
Jeweled Lotus Feels dead sometimes in this deck. If you draw into it the card is great, but otherwise it's been falling off. Turn 0 Azusa is great in all, but the extra land or creature might be better.
Having trouble finding one more potential cut with this information. Will think about it more.
Card Synergy Type
- Momentous Fall 14 Draw
- Earthcraft 14 Resource
- Greater Good 14 Draw/Prevent
- Chord of Calling 12 Tutor
- Wrenn and Seven 8 Resource
- Mana Crypt 6 Resource
- Defense of the Heart 5 Tutor
- Kamahl’s Will 5 Kill/Prevent
- Realms Uncharted 3 Resource
- Allosaurus Shepherd 3 Prevent
- Nissa, Vital Force 3 Resource/Prevent/Draw
- Void Winnower 2 Kill
- Beast Within 1 Prevent
- Song of the Dryads 1 Prevent
- Concordant Crossroads 1 ???
- Kenrith's Transformation 0 Prevent
- Lignify 0 Prevent
Kamahl’s Will is a wincon, a defensive option, amplifier for draw, and has potentially other combo's. Given how many lands I get, this is highly likely.
Momentous Fall I feel like i take it out and put it in a lot, I like the card but the sacing hurts. With the drop of Multi this might feel weaker now. Testing needed.
Greater Good might be a hard add, prevents exile even at the cost of cards. It's an engine otherwise. Testing.
+1 Beast Within
+1 Greater Good
Testing needed, these are no official changes at this time.
2 months ago
Other Cards that you could consider cutting
- Ondu Giant => Seedguide Ash this card is one more mana expsive and has to die inorder to get the lands, but could be such a good upside. This dieing with your commander reads ramp 3 draw 3 cards and gain 3 life
- Soratami Mirror-Guard I get what you are doing here, but I feel like there are better payoffs for this
- Timbermaw Larva => Rampaging Brontodon trample is 1,000% better on this card
- Wakeroot Elemental 5 greens for a 5/5? way overcosted
- Wave-Wing Elemental again similar argument to Windrider Eel not that big of an impact
- Wild Wanderer good but could have better options
- Aetherflux Reservoir I know this is good in commander but why? No synergy at all, there has to be a better card slot here
- Elixir of Immortality I used to put this in all of my decks too, but it is counter productive to your stragay with cards like Splendid Reclamation and The Mending of Dominaria
- Wayfarer's Bauble There is better ramp than this in green
- I see why you have Jiang Yanggu but I feel like there is stronger cards than that. I cut the card to tutor Journey for the Elixir for him sorry :(
- There are a bunch of other better than Ranger's Path you could add, I'll show them in the recommendations
- Future Sight and Ominous Seas both seem strange here. I get future sight can draw cards, BUT I feel you should use mana sinks rather than off the top of your library draw
- Ghostly Flicker is on thin ice, like yes you have all the etb creatures but sometimes it is a dead card. meh at best?
Other Cards that you could consider adding
This is where the fun begins and your wallet cries
- You want Nissa, Who Shakes the World great card, it is a mana doubler ramp, and also you just win with the ultimate
- I heard you like ramp try Tireless Provisioner and pick up one for me while you are at it please
- Here is a gaint list of green ramp Harrow , Growth Spiral , Explore , Khalni Heart Expedition , Roiling Regrowth , Grow from the Ashes , Urban Evolution , Migration Path , Natural Connection , Nissa's Renewal , Nylea's Intervention , Spring / Mind , Animist's Awakening , Omen of the Hunt
- Keeping your life total at a high level Kazandu Nectarpot , Grazing Gladehart , Retreat to Kazandu , Jaddi Offshoot
- Mana Sinks, you are going to have a lot of mana, might as well do something with it Kamahl's Druidic Vow ummm.... yes? Kefnet the Mindful one of my favorite Gods, that doesn't have a place. I look forward to getting attacked by him Sprout Swarm it is really easy for this card to be "free"
That is all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure I'll have more la
5 months ago
Uncage the Menagerie (x=3, probably)
(could run some number of rituals to "combo out" faster, allow things like Jokulhaups + Combo Piece more quickly.)
Any good, cheap enchantments
Lapse of Certainty (banger)