Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Creature — Rhino
Each creature you control with a +1/+1 counter on it has trample.
5 months ago
I like. One thing that sticks out is you don't have any way aside from 1x Master Symmetrist to give trample to your dudes. This could allow absolutely behemoth creatures to be chump-blocked.
Also if you're looking for themed green mana ramp Gyre Sage is pretty dope.
10 months ago
Well hello there! I had way too much time on my hands, so here’s this. By the way, it’s all ordered best to worst. (:
- Circle of Dreams Druid is going to drop loads of mana, assuming you can pay the three green.
- Fallaji Wayfarer is going to give all of your stuff (including your commander) convoke! Not all, but a lot.
- Hamza, Guardian of Arashin is going to make a lot of your creatures cost a lot less.
- Herald of War makes all of your humans dirt cheap if he gets counters. But, oh, what’s that? This deck loves making counters for creatures? Perfect.
- Nissa's Expedition is just Cultivate but it potentially costs a lot less.
- Gaea's Cradle is perfect if you have a small fortune laying around and you’re in need of mana.
- Bennie Bracks, Zoologist every time you make a token? So every turn? Alright, sick.
- Ulvenwald Mysteries lets you investigate the murder of your entire army. A board wipe kills this deck, but this (plus loads of mana) could help bring it back.
- Season of Growth lets you scry a lot, letting you look for pretty much whatever and just pull it out.
- Devouring Light, Conclave Tribunal, Hour of Reckoning are all removal spells but if you’re on a mana budget with a lot of 1/1’s.
- Elspeth Tirel is a board wipe, if you manage to keep her around for long enough. If that’s not what you need, though, she’s got plenty of utility otherwise.
- Coordinated Barrage, Kabira Takedown Flip, and Outflank aren’t super powerful, but can destroy pretty much anything that comes your way. If it’s not hexproofed, shrouded, or indestructible, it will be killed.
- Devout Chaplain says “The power of Christ compels you! Begone!” but this time it actually works.
- Sanctuary Lockdown lets you say “Not this combat phase, Satan,” and if you have enough mana, you can do that again and again and again. Plus, if you decide you can’t, then it’s still a big boy.
- Kamahl's Will will destroy just about anything in sight and can give you extra attacking force, if you can manage a way to keep all of your lands safe.
- Loxodon Hierarch is going to save your deck (which is very sensitive to board wipes) from a board wipe, judy once. Use wisely.
- Scapegoat won’t save your tokens, but it will save everyone else, commander included.
- Kindred Boon can slowly but surely make literally every creature you own indestructible.
- Ephemeral Shields is extra protection that can easily be pulled out of your back pocket.
- Basri's Lieutenant isn’t going to save your deck, but it will buy you time or give you a chance next turn at a kill, if the board wiper was low.
- Song of Freyalise is budget, makes every spell into a convoke spell, and then lets your hammer your opponents with the might of ZEUS!!
- Path of Ancestry should go into every tribal deck!! Well, maybe not every, but it’d definitely be good in this one, so there you go.
- Branching Evolution is just perfect for this deck. Double it, yesssss!
- Hydra's Growth would be perfect on your commander, especially since your best protection works just on them.
- Rick, Steadfast Leader is enough to make a human deck cry. This is no longer a democracy, this is a Ricktatorship.
- Crowned Ceratok, Tuskguard Captain, and Bramblewood Paragon all give your big creatures trample. Just yes.
- Horn of Valhalla can both make a bunch of tokens and then use those tokens to make a big, fuck off 99/99.
- Voice of Resurgence protects you against, or at least discourages the use of, counters and murders on your turn. Why? It makes a big, fuck off 99/99 when someone does.
- Queen Allenal of Ruadach makes more tokens and is a massive body. What’s not to like?
- Hanweir Militia Captain Flip is a mean creature and makes plenty of tokens.
- Primal Vigor, Second Harvest, Anointed Procession, Parallel Lives, and Doubling Season all say “What, you thought I was going to stop at only one million?” Though, I do have a feeling you left these out intentionally. Either they weren’t working or you avoid doubling strategies like these, which totally makes sense.
- Craterhoof Behemoth is, to say the least, a strong card. All of them get trample? And +99/+99? And it has haste? This is a way to turn a game around fast if I’ve ever seen one. The ultimate Might of the Masses creature.
- Might of the Masses is the classic. Instant destruction for just one green. Perfection.
- Seraph of the Masses is a Might of the Masses creature with flying and convoke.
- Shanna, Sisay's Legacy is a Might of the Masses creature with ability hexproof.
- Appeal / Authority is just slow Might of the Masses.
- Huatli, Radiant Champion is Might of the Masses but in Planeswalker form.
- Sigil of the Nayan Gods is Might of the Masses in enchantment form.
- Crusader of Odric is a poor man’s Might of the Masses creature
- Gideon, the Oathsworn just happens to slip and give all of your creatures an absurd number of counters. Not to mention the big body (noticing a pattern yet?) and the one-sided board wipe! He’s got a weird face again, sadly, pass.
- Gideon, Champion of Justice is a board wipe and a big, bad creature all wrapped into one. 7/10, he can dominate me.
- Gideon Jura can goad and destroy stuff. Perfect for removal and instigating fights when you know you’ll win. Not to mention the big scary 6/6 lurking beneath. Also a weird face, pass.
- Gideon of the Trials reads “Fuck your biggest creature, he’s not going to do anything, and also, as long as I’m around, fuck you more.” Nothing crazy, but can definitely make you public enemy #1 for having an effect like that. Pretty normal face, but that ability makes him a dick. 3.4/10
- Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip is just some kid. Ignore him. This is a child, pass.
- Gideon, Battle-Forged!? Where did you come from? Nothing super interesting here, but for one mana not bad. Weird face, pass.
- Gideon, Martial Paragon can give buffs to all of your stuff, which is definitely not bad at all, and your opponents are automatically dead if he gets that ten ability off. That said, this Gideon can get it. 10/10.
- Gideon Blackblade is eh. He’s okay. He can get it, though. 7/10.
- Gideon, Ally of Zendikar can do some generic Gideon stuff. Make tokens, give buffs, be a 4/4. Eh. 6.7/10.
- Reconnaissance lets you attack with everything and then say “Well, no, actually, I didn’t attack with those.” This is one of those cards in Magic that you just have to believe was invented or inspired by toddler games where they invent the rules as they go along, y’know? Anyway swing at will!
- Peach Garden Oath is one mana for a crazy amount of lifegain. Lets you swing aggressively and pay as much life as you want.
- Kindred Summons gives you the gift of as many humans as you damn please. That said, be careful not to deck yourself.
- Sigarda, Champion of Light is the other Sigarda card you might want to add, since she likes giving you stuff.
- Chord of Calling is just a plain good tutor.
- Flight of Equenauts, Ledev Guardian, Conclave Equenaut, Conclave Phalanx, and Argivian Phalanx, are just free creatures, more or less.
1 year ago
I've looked into this and I really like the path of +1/+1 counters. There are of course plenty of ways to get counters on your creatures in this deck (primarily Willowdusk), so capitalizing off of that with effects that bolster any creatures with counters or give them trample it pretty darn powerful.
On a different note, giving your creatures lifelink in this deck is insane. Swing with something big to permanently double it's P/T with Willowdusk. Some good cards for that are: Alchemist's Gift, Essence Infusion, Rush of Vitality, Sorin, Imperious Bloodlord, Poet's Quill, and especially Whip of Erebos. Essence Harvest is also in the same vein.
Lastly, one nasty thing you could do would be untapping Willowdusk to use her ability twice in a turn for exponential gains. Ideally, this would be done with cards like: Magewright's Stone, Puppet Strings, Quirion Ranger, Seeker of Skybreak, and Thousand-Year Elixir.
I also want to quickly touch on the other side of Willowdusk's ability with Aetherflux Reservoir Which would let you instakill an opponent then give one of your creatures +50/+50.
As for what to remove, there are quite a few cards I feel are pretty unsynergistic here like Dragonsguard Elite and Witherbloom Pledgemage as this isn't really a spellslinger deck. I also dont see the point of reclamation effects like Deadly Brew, Retrieve, Healing Technique, Dollhouse of Horrors, The Underworld Cookbook, or You Happen on a Glade. Lastly, Roil Spout just isn't legal (probably an error lol).
1 year ago
As someone who started playing the game with a Core Set 19 Ajani planeswalker deck, lifegain is a theme that always appeals to me. Lathiel definitely has some potential to be a great lifegain commander! There are some cards I'd definitely recommend, though.
- The Ozolith to help you retain some counters if some creatures get killed. It can dump them on a creature right before combat as well.
- Inspiring Call, Abzan Falconer, Pridemalkin and Tuskguard Captain are all cards that synergize well with +1/+1 counters. Pridemalkin and Tuskguard Captain do the same thing as Crowned Ceratok but for one mana less.
- Ajani's Welcome, Daxos, Blessed by the Sun, Impassioned Orator and Lunarch Veteran Flip for more soul sister-like effects
- Angelic Accord, Griffin Aerie, Resplendent Angel or any other "If you gained X life this turn make a token" cards.
- Some more removal. Whichever ones you prefer, really.
- Sigarda's Splendor, Well of Lost Dreams and Alhammarret's Archive for some more lifegain card draw.
2 years ago
+1 my dude! @your reddit post,
More lands imo. Also more big ramp... seems like Vorinclex is a big target for removal, so ramping up to 15+ mana a turn seems like the way to go.
I think the biggest problem is that you're splitting themes and trying to jam infect. A lot of seemingly powerful cards don't have synergy with the rest of the deck. Only ~12 cards directly create +1/+1 counters. So (eg.) Hardened Scales really does nothing.
...Cut incidental Infect:
-1Phyrexian Swarmlord... I love this card but, even when you're all in on infect it isn't that good...
(I think the other infect cards with 5+ power as soft, 2-card combos with your commmander are viable).
...Cut fatties with no evasion:
-1Rampaging Baloths... incidental 4/4s aren't worthwhile
-1Ulvenwald Hydra... no synergy
3 years ago
Hey, you're welcome.
Cards to consider cutting to add Tome of Legends and others later on.
I don't think any of these cards are needed/make your deck better or are worth the amount of mana they cost to cast. Moonsilver has a good repeatable attack trigger, but the problem with it is it's eight mana (four to cast and four to equip). It's lackluster compared to the Swords. If you didn't have the Swords then Moonsilver could be an option.
3 years ago
3 years ago
I know it's a human so it doesn't trigger Grumgully, but some sort of anthem effect like having a couple of Tuskguard Captain might be good. Crowned Ceratok is not a human but has the same effect for one more mana.