Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Gideon, the Oathsworn
Legendary Planeswalker — Gideon
Whenever you attack with two or more non-Gideon creatures, put a +1/+1 counter one each of those creatures.
+2: Until end of turn, Gideon, the Oathsworn becomes a 5/5 white Soldier creature that's still a planeswalker. Prevent all damage that would be dealt to him this turn.
-9: Exile Gideon, the Oathsworn and each creature your opponents control.
Max_Hammer on These silly hoomans - Need Help
5 months ago
Well hello there! I had way too much time on my hands, so here’s this. By the way, it’s all ordered best to worst. (:
- Circle of Dreams Druid is going to drop loads of mana, assuming you can pay the three green.
- Fallaji Wayfarer is going to give all of your stuff (including your commander) convoke! Not all, but a lot.
- Hamza, Guardian of Arashin is going to make a lot of your creatures cost a lot less.
- Herald of War makes all of your humans dirt cheap if he gets counters. But, oh, what’s that? This deck loves making counters for creatures? Perfect.
- Nissa's Expedition is just Cultivate but it potentially costs a lot less.
- Gaea's Cradle is perfect if you have a small fortune laying around and you’re in need of mana.
- Bennie Bracks, Zoologist every time you make a token? So every turn? Alright, sick.
- Ulvenwald Mysteries lets you investigate the murder of your entire army. A board wipe kills this deck, but this (plus loads of mana) could help bring it back.
- Season of Growth lets you scry a lot, letting you look for pretty much whatever and just pull it out.
- Devouring Light, Conclave Tribunal, Hour of Reckoning are all removal spells but if you’re on a mana budget with a lot of 1/1’s.
- Elspeth Tirel is a board wipe, if you manage to keep her around for long enough. If that’s not what you need, though, she’s got plenty of utility otherwise.
- Coordinated Barrage, Kabira Takedown Flip, and Outflank aren’t super powerful, but can destroy pretty much anything that comes your way. If it’s not hexproofed, shrouded, or indestructible, it will be killed.
- Devout Chaplain says “The power of Christ compels you! Begone!” but this time it actually works.
- Sanctuary Lockdown lets you say “Not this combat phase, Satan,” and if you have enough mana, you can do that again and again and again. Plus, if you decide you can’t, then it’s still a big boy.
- Kamahl's Will will destroy just about anything in sight and can give you extra attacking force, if you can manage a way to keep all of your lands safe.
- Loxodon Hierarch is going to save your deck (which is very sensitive to board wipes) from a board wipe, judy once. Use wisely.
- Scapegoat won’t save your tokens, but it will save everyone else, commander included.
- Kindred Boon can slowly but surely make literally every creature you own indestructible.
- Ephemeral Shields is extra protection that can easily be pulled out of your back pocket.
- Basri's Lieutenant isn’t going to save your deck, but it will buy you time or give you a chance next turn at a kill, if the board wiper was low.
- Song of Freyalise is budget, makes every spell into a convoke spell, and then lets your hammer your opponents with the might of ZEUS!!
- Path of Ancestry should go into every tribal deck!! Well, maybe not every, but it’d definitely be good in this one, so there you go.
- Branching Evolution is just perfect for this deck. Double it, yesssss!
- Hydra's Growth would be perfect on your commander, especially since your best protection works just on them.
- Rick, Steadfast Leader is enough to make a human deck cry. This is no longer a democracy, this is a Ricktatorship.
- Crowned Ceratok, Tuskguard Captain, and Bramblewood Paragon all give your big creatures trample. Just yes.
- Horn of Valhalla can both make a bunch of tokens and then use those tokens to make a big, fuck off 99/99.
- Voice of Resurgence protects you against, or at least discourages the use of, counters and murders on your turn. Why? It makes a big, fuck off 99/99 when someone does.
- Queen Allenal of Ruadach makes more tokens and is a massive body. What’s not to like?
- Hanweir Militia Captain Flip is a mean creature and makes plenty of tokens.
- Primal Vigor, Second Harvest, Anointed Procession, Parallel Lives, and Doubling Season all say “What, you thought I was going to stop at only one million?” Though, I do have a feeling you left these out intentionally. Either they weren’t working or you avoid doubling strategies like these, which totally makes sense.
- Craterhoof Behemoth is, to say the least, a strong card. All of them get trample? And +99/+99? And it has haste? This is a way to turn a game around fast if I’ve ever seen one. The ultimate Might of the Masses creature.
- Might of the Masses is the classic. Instant destruction for just one green. Perfection.
- Seraph of the Masses is a Might of the Masses creature with flying and convoke.
- Shanna, Sisay's Legacy is a Might of the Masses creature with ability hexproof.
- Appeal / Authority is just slow Might of the Masses.
- Huatli, Radiant Champion is Might of the Masses but in Planeswalker form.
- Sigil of the Nayan Gods is Might of the Masses in enchantment form.
- Crusader of Odric is a poor man’s Might of the Masses creature
- Gideon, the Oathsworn just happens to slip and give all of your creatures an absurd number of counters. Not to mention the big body (noticing a pattern yet?) and the one-sided board wipe! He’s got a weird face again, sadly, pass.
- Gideon, Champion of Justice is a board wipe and a big, bad creature all wrapped into one. 7/10, he can dominate me.
- Gideon Jura can goad and destroy stuff. Perfect for removal and instigating fights when you know you’ll win. Not to mention the big scary 6/6 lurking beneath. Also a weird face, pass.
- Gideon of the Trials reads “Fuck your biggest creature, he’s not going to do anything, and also, as long as I’m around, fuck you more.” Nothing crazy, but can definitely make you public enemy #1 for having an effect like that. Pretty normal face, but that ability makes him a dick. 3.4/10
- Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip is just some kid. Ignore him. This is a child, pass.
- Gideon, Battle-Forged!? Where did you come from? Nothing super interesting here, but for one mana not bad. Weird face, pass.
- Gideon, Martial Paragon can give buffs to all of your stuff, which is definitely not bad at all, and your opponents are automatically dead if he gets that ten ability off. That said, this Gideon can get it. 10/10.
- Gideon Blackblade is eh. He’s okay. He can get it, though. 7/10.
- Gideon, Ally of Zendikar can do some generic Gideon stuff. Make tokens, give buffs, be a 4/4. Eh. 6.7/10.
- Reconnaissance lets you attack with everything and then say “Well, no, actually, I didn’t attack with those.” This is one of those cards in Magic that you just have to believe was invented or inspired by toddler games where they invent the rules as they go along, y’know? Anyway swing at will!
- Peach Garden Oath is one mana for a crazy amount of lifegain. Lets you swing aggressively and pay as much life as you want.
- Kindred Summons gives you the gift of as many humans as you damn please. That said, be careful not to deck yourself.
- Sigarda, Champion of Light is the other Sigarda card you might want to add, since she likes giving you stuff.
- Chord of Calling is just a plain good tutor.
- Flight of Equenauts, Ledev Guardian, Conclave Equenaut, Conclave Phalanx, and Argivian Phalanx, are just free creatures, more or less.
Fingall on The State
2 years ago
Gideon, the Oathsworn will be replaced with Basri Ket
Gideon, Ally of Zendikar will be replaced with Mangara, the Diplomat
Labrodor64 on White Blink-ish Superfriends
3 years ago
I have been thinking, should i replace Gideon Jura with Gideon, the Oathsworn ? I rarely tutor for Gideon Jura , his usage is quite niche in the deck apart from potentially protecting some of your other planewalkers for a bit. Gideon, the Oathsworn can help tokens a little and has an achievable ult that can be used politically as a threat so people don’t attack you. What should I do?
ScionsStillLive on token swarm
3 years ago
You will probably need more protection cards like Unbreakable Formation since boardwipes can ruin your game. You could also replace Ranger's Path with Blighted Woodland .
Wakeroot Elemental turns your lands into creatures, Nissa, Voice of Zendikar makes tokens and boosts all your creatures. Pledge of Unity also boosts all your creatures and can get you a lot of life, Pollenbright Druid 's Proliferate ability works well with most of the +1/+1 counter cards mentioned above. Ajani, the Greathearted gives all your creatures vigilance and can, again, boost them all. Gideon, the Oathsworn 's last ability lets you exile all opponent's creatures and he can be a creature himself. Haazda Marshal can provide many tokens in the beginning.
Yotian_Soldier on 75% Tajic - Boros Soldier Tribal
3 years ago
05 May 2019 updates:
Finale of Glory > Decree of Justice
Gideon, the Oathsworn > Mountain
VampiricJace on Orzhov exile bomb
3 years ago
Just a few thoughts regarding cards in your deck:
- Gideon, the Oathsworn (and it's sorcery-associated card), Wanderer's Strike , is slow garbage and overcosted. Take them out.
- Despark would be better as a sideboard card, as many aggro decks have most of their deck under 3 CMC.
- Gideon's Triumph has the same issue as Despark. Problem against aggro decks going wide. Would take this out entirely, and not even sideboard it.
A few thoughts you should consider adding:
- Moment of Craving , Cast Down , Vraska's Contempt and Mortify are all premium removal.
- Revitalize is a card people easily underrate in this format. It is fantastic at stabilizing (don't disregard that incremental life gain), and you could easily run 2-3 copies and be okay.
- The Eldest Reborn is good, at least for sideboard
Yotian_Soldier on 75% Tajic - Boros Soldier Tribal
3 years ago
Cards to be acquired after WAR:
Finale of Glory - Another token maker; will probably replace Decree of Justice as the card is a reverse Decree
Gideon, the Oathsworn - Another anthem effect