Back:Gideon, Battle-Forged Flip
Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Kytheon, Hero of Akros
Legendary Creature — Human Soldier
At the end of combat, if Kytheon, Hero of Akros and at least two other creatures attacked this combat, exile Kytheon, then return him to the battlefield transformed under his owners control.
: Kytheon gains indestructible until end of turn. (Damage and effects that say "destroy" don't destroy it.)
Recommendations View more recommendations
BioProfDude on Mono-White Humans Pioneer
3 weeks ago
Guardian of Faith is really more of a sideboard card, so that opens 2x slots. Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip is not in most lists anymore, and I think you could go to 3x Luminarch Aspirant. That frees up 4x slots for a card that adds a lot of value.
That's what I would do, anyway.
Darth_Savage on Azourious Soldiers Pioneer
6 months ago
Your sideboard should probably look something like:
3x Portable Hole clear a path/interaction
2x March of Swirling Mist protection spell
1x Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip value/go faster
3x Thalia, Guardian of Thraben hates on spell based decks
3x Cathar Commando enchantment/artifact hate
1x Lavinia, Azorius Renegade can hate on fires or nykthos
2x Rest in Peace answers graveyard stratagies
Darth_Savage on Azourious Soldiers Pioneer
6 months ago
So straight away I want to mention Dryad Militant Adanto Vanguard Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip and Sungold Sentinel Ambush Paratrooper and Zephyr Sentinel are not where an aggro deck wants to be... Arguably depending on what your creature makup looks like Thalia's Lieutenant could also have a home. Settle the Wreckage could well be something you want in your sideboard... A card like Calamity's Wake should really be Rest in Peace and Yotian Tactician should probably be Wedding Announcement Flip
I'd suggest you take some inspiration from https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/pioneer-mono-white-humans#paper
Max_Hammer on These silly hoomans - Need Help
7 months ago
Well hello there! I had way too much time on my hands, so here’s this. By the way, it’s all ordered best to worst. (:
- Circle of Dreams Druid is going to drop loads of mana, assuming you can pay the three green.
- Fallaji Wayfarer is going to give all of your stuff (including your commander) convoke! Not all, but a lot.
- Hamza, Guardian of Arashin is going to make a lot of your creatures cost a lot less.
- Herald of War makes all of your humans dirt cheap if he gets counters. But, oh, what’s that? This deck loves making counters for creatures? Perfect.
- Nissa's Expedition is just Cultivate but it potentially costs a lot less.
- Gaea's Cradle is perfect if you have a small fortune laying around and you’re in need of mana.
- Bennie Bracks, Zoologist every time you make a token? So every turn? Alright, sick.
- Ulvenwald Mysteries lets you investigate the murder of your entire army. A board wipe kills this deck, but this (plus loads of mana) could help bring it back.
- Season of Growth lets you scry a lot, letting you look for pretty much whatever and just pull it out.
- Devouring Light, Conclave Tribunal, Hour of Reckoning are all removal spells but if you’re on a mana budget with a lot of 1/1’s.
- Elspeth Tirel is a board wipe, if you manage to keep her around for long enough. If that’s not what you need, though, she’s got plenty of utility otherwise.
- Coordinated Barrage, Kabira Takedown Flip, and Outflank aren’t super powerful, but can destroy pretty much anything that comes your way. If it’s not hexproofed, shrouded, or indestructible, it will be killed.
- Devout Chaplain says “The power of Christ compels you! Begone!” but this time it actually works.
- Sanctuary Lockdown lets you say “Not this combat phase, Satan,” and if you have enough mana, you can do that again and again and again. Plus, if you decide you can’t, then it’s still a big boy.
- Kamahl's Will will destroy just about anything in sight and can give you extra attacking force, if you can manage a way to keep all of your lands safe.
- Loxodon Hierarch is going to save your deck (which is very sensitive to board wipes) from a board wipe, judy once. Use wisely.
- Scapegoat won’t save your tokens, but it will save everyone else, commander included.
- Kindred Boon can slowly but surely make literally every creature you own indestructible.
- Ephemeral Shields is extra protection that can easily be pulled out of your back pocket.
- Basri's Lieutenant isn’t going to save your deck, but it will buy you time or give you a chance next turn at a kill, if the board wiper was low.
- Song of Freyalise is budget, makes every spell into a convoke spell, and then lets your hammer your opponents with the might of ZEUS!!
- Path of Ancestry should go into every tribal deck!! Well, maybe not every, but it’d definitely be good in this one, so there you go.
- Branching Evolution is just perfect for this deck. Double it, yesssss!
- Hydra's Growth would be perfect on your commander, especially since your best protection works just on them.
- Rick, Steadfast Leader is enough to make a human deck cry. This is no longer a democracy, this is a Ricktatorship.
- Crowned Ceratok, Tuskguard Captain, and Bramblewood Paragon all give your big creatures trample. Just yes.
- Horn of Valhalla can both make a bunch of tokens and then use those tokens to make a big, fuck off 99/99.
- Voice of Resurgence protects you against, or at least discourages the use of, counters and murders on your turn. Why? It makes a big, fuck off 99/99 when someone does.
- Queen Allenal of Ruadach makes more tokens and is a massive body. What’s not to like?
- Hanweir Militia Captain Flip is a mean creature and makes plenty of tokens.
- Primal Vigor, Second Harvest, Anointed Procession, Parallel Lives, and Doubling Season all say “What, you thought I was going to stop at only one million?” Though, I do have a feeling you left these out intentionally. Either they weren’t working or you avoid doubling strategies like these, which totally makes sense.
- Craterhoof Behemoth is, to say the least, a strong card. All of them get trample? And +99/+99? And it has haste? This is a way to turn a game around fast if I’ve ever seen one. The ultimate Might of the Masses creature.
- Might of the Masses is the classic. Instant destruction for just one green. Perfection.
- Seraph of the Masses is a Might of the Masses creature with flying and convoke.
- Shanna, Sisay's Legacy is a Might of the Masses creature with ability hexproof.
- Appeal / Authority is just slow Might of the Masses.
- Huatli, Radiant Champion is Might of the Masses but in Planeswalker form.
- Sigil of the Nayan Gods is Might of the Masses in enchantment form.
- Crusader of Odric is a poor man’s Might of the Masses creature
- Gideon, the Oathsworn just happens to slip and give all of your creatures an absurd number of counters. Not to mention the big body (noticing a pattern yet?) and the one-sided board wipe! He’s got a weird face again, sadly, pass.
- Gideon, Champion of Justice is a board wipe and a big, bad creature all wrapped into one. 7/10, he can dominate me.
- Gideon Jura can goad and destroy stuff. Perfect for removal and instigating fights when you know you’ll win. Not to mention the big scary 6/6 lurking beneath. Also a weird face, pass.
- Gideon of the Trials reads “Fuck your biggest creature, he’s not going to do anything, and also, as long as I’m around, fuck you more.” Nothing crazy, but can definitely make you public enemy #1 for having an effect like that. Pretty normal face, but that ability makes him a dick. 3.4/10
- Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip is just some kid. Ignore him. This is a child, pass.
- Gideon, Battle-Forged!? Where did you come from? Nothing super interesting here, but for one mana not bad. Weird face, pass.
- Gideon, Martial Paragon can give buffs to all of your stuff, which is definitely not bad at all, and your opponents are automatically dead if he gets that ten ability off. That said, this Gideon can get it. 10/10.
- Gideon Blackblade is eh. He’s okay. He can get it, though. 7/10.
- Gideon, Ally of Zendikar can do some generic Gideon stuff. Make tokens, give buffs, be a 4/4. Eh. 6.7/10.
- Reconnaissance lets you attack with everything and then say “Well, no, actually, I didn’t attack with those.” This is one of those cards in Magic that you just have to believe was invented or inspired by toddler games where they invent the rules as they go along, y’know? Anyway swing at will!
- Peach Garden Oath is one mana for a crazy amount of lifegain. Lets you swing aggressively and pay as much life as you want.
- Kindred Summons gives you the gift of as many humans as you damn please. That said, be careful not to deck yourself.
- Sigarda, Champion of Light is the other Sigarda card you might want to add, since she likes giving you stuff.
- Chord of Calling is just a plain good tutor.
- Flight of Equenauts, Ledev Guardian, Conclave Equenaut, Conclave Phalanx, and Argivian Phalanx, are just free creatures, more or less.
Icbrgr on The One Drop Zoo
7 months ago
@Dragaan Great card choices!
Guttural Response vs Veil of Summer is a meta decision for people that contend with nonsense like Gifts Ungiven/Cryptic Command/Archmage's Charm... its more narrow of a card choice but because its a sideboard card when its brought in the hybrid mana of can enable the deck to still make aggressive plays while still having appropriate mana available to cast if applicable. I think for a lot of people Veil of summer is probably a better/more rounded choice though and I should definitely mention it and explain this in the primer.
Pelt Collector is another great option that I neglected to mention in my deck description which I will update later on. It feels so so so good to open with and would probably say it is generally a better choice than Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip; which frankly is a "win more" card when not just being a fancy Elite Vanguard. My only complaint about the card is that it can feel bad to topdeck but otherwise its outstanding!
Skysurfer on Boros Modern Soldier
1 year ago
Also if you wanted to keep the humans theme, you could add in a couple Thalia's Lieutenant and Champion of the Parish over benalish marshal over the goblins i suggested; its less utility and less wide but far more tall. Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip would also benefit the wide plan and give you a nice walker that can toy with your opponents or essentially be a 4/4 indestructible for 1 mana
BioProfDude on Bro facts
1 year ago
Other than it being a 1 drop 2/1 creature, I'm not sure why you have Hotshot Mechanic in this deck when you have no vehicles? Dauntless Bodyguard, Dragon Hunter, Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip, Soldier of the Pantheon, or Usher of the Fallen all offer something for the same power/toughness and mana cost. Out of that list, I'd go with Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip or Dauntless Bodyguard, though the others are pretty decent as well.
I'd also consider Wild Slash as a possible burn spell to add.
Cool deck idea! +1 from me!
vic on Do +1/+1 counters fall off …
2 years ago
If I have a Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip that is flipped into Gideon, Battle-Forged and I activate his (please don't crucify me for assuming his gender) 3rd ability and turn him into a creature, and while in that mode I put a +1/+1 counter on him, will that counter go away at end of turn when he ceases to be a creature?
|Have (2)||gildan_bladeborn , metalmagic|
|Want (4)||Cswame , Amaterasu312 , bardemic , Thefrigidbagel|