Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Creature — Human Warrior
Outlast (, : Put a +1/+1 counter on this creature. Outlast only as a sorcery.)
Each creature you control with a +1/+1 counter on it has trample.
4 months ago
Another new set with no new elephants, but that's ok. small update took out Tuskguard Captain for Altar of Bone because the captain, may he work with elephants is not an elephant and the altar as seen in the photo is clearly made of elephant bone.
Max_Hammer on These silly hoomans - Need Help
5 months ago
Well hello there! I had way too much time on my hands, so here’s this. By the way, it’s all ordered best to worst. (:
- Circle of Dreams Druid is going to drop loads of mana, assuming you can pay the three green.
- Fallaji Wayfarer is going to give all of your stuff (including your commander) convoke! Not all, but a lot.
- Hamza, Guardian of Arashin is going to make a lot of your creatures cost a lot less.
- Herald of War makes all of your humans dirt cheap if he gets counters. But, oh, what’s that? This deck loves making counters for creatures? Perfect.
- Nissa's Expedition is just Cultivate but it potentially costs a lot less.
- Gaea's Cradle is perfect if you have a small fortune laying around and you’re in need of mana.
- Bennie Bracks, Zoologist every time you make a token? So every turn? Alright, sick.
- Ulvenwald Mysteries lets you investigate the murder of your entire army. A board wipe kills this deck, but this (plus loads of mana) could help bring it back.
- Season of Growth lets you scry a lot, letting you look for pretty much whatever and just pull it out.
- Devouring Light, Conclave Tribunal, Hour of Reckoning are all removal spells but if you’re on a mana budget with a lot of 1/1’s.
- Elspeth Tirel is a board wipe, if you manage to keep her around for long enough. If that’s not what you need, though, she’s got plenty of utility otherwise.
- Coordinated Barrage, Kabira Takedown Flip, and Outflank aren’t super powerful, but can destroy pretty much anything that comes your way. If it’s not hexproofed, shrouded, or indestructible, it will be killed.
- Devout Chaplain says “The power of Christ compels you! Begone!” but this time it actually works.
- Sanctuary Lockdown lets you say “Not this combat phase, Satan,” and if you have enough mana, you can do that again and again and again. Plus, if you decide you can’t, then it’s still a big boy.
- Kamahl's Will will destroy just about anything in sight and can give you extra attacking force, if you can manage a way to keep all of your lands safe.
- Loxodon Hierarch is going to save your deck (which is very sensitive to board wipes) from a board wipe, judy once. Use wisely.
- Scapegoat won’t save your tokens, but it will save everyone else, commander included.
- Kindred Boon can slowly but surely make literally every creature you own indestructible.
- Ephemeral Shields is extra protection that can easily be pulled out of your back pocket.
- Basri's Lieutenant isn’t going to save your deck, but it will buy you time or give you a chance next turn at a kill, if the board wiper was low.
- Song of Freyalise is budget, makes every spell into a convoke spell, and then lets your hammer your opponents with the might of ZEUS!!
- Path of Ancestry should go into every tribal deck!! Well, maybe not every, but it’d definitely be good in this one, so there you go.
- Branching Evolution is just perfect for this deck. Double it, yesssss!
- Hydra's Growth would be perfect on your commander, especially since your best protection works just on them.
- Rick, Steadfast Leader is enough to make a human deck cry. This is no longer a democracy, this is a Ricktatorship.
- Crowned Ceratok, Tuskguard Captain, and Bramblewood Paragon all give your big creatures trample. Just yes.
- Horn of Valhalla can both make a bunch of tokens and then use those tokens to make a big, fuck off 99/99.
- Voice of Resurgence protects you against, or at least discourages the use of, counters and murders on your turn. Why? It makes a big, fuck off 99/99 when someone does.
- Queen Allenal of Ruadach makes more tokens and is a massive body. What’s not to like?
- Hanweir Militia Captain Flip is a mean creature and makes plenty of tokens.
- Primal Vigor, Second Harvest, Anointed Procession, Parallel Lives, and Doubling Season all say “What, you thought I was going to stop at only one million?” Though, I do have a feeling you left these out intentionally. Either they weren’t working or you avoid doubling strategies like these, which totally makes sense.
- Craterhoof Behemoth is, to say the least, a strong card. All of them get trample? And +99/+99? And it has haste? This is a way to turn a game around fast if I’ve ever seen one. The ultimate Might of the Masses creature.
- Might of the Masses is the classic. Instant destruction for just one green. Perfection.
- Seraph of the Masses is a Might of the Masses creature with flying and convoke.
- Shanna, Sisay's Legacy is a Might of the Masses creature with ability hexproof.
- Appeal / Authority is just slow Might of the Masses.
- Huatli, Radiant Champion is Might of the Masses but in Planeswalker form.
- Sigil of the Nayan Gods is Might of the Masses in enchantment form.
- Crusader of Odric is a poor man’s Might of the Masses creature
- Gideon, the Oathsworn just happens to slip and give all of your creatures an absurd number of counters. Not to mention the big body (noticing a pattern yet?) and the one-sided board wipe! He’s got a weird face again, sadly, pass.
- Gideon, Champion of Justice is a board wipe and a big, bad creature all wrapped into one. 7/10, he can dominate me.
- Gideon Jura can goad and destroy stuff. Perfect for removal and instigating fights when you know you’ll win. Not to mention the big scary 6/6 lurking beneath. Also a weird face, pass.
- Gideon of the Trials reads “Fuck your biggest creature, he’s not going to do anything, and also, as long as I’m around, fuck you more.” Nothing crazy, but can definitely make you public enemy #1 for having an effect like that. Pretty normal face, but that ability makes him a dick. 3.4/10
- Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip is just some kid. Ignore him. This is a child, pass.
- Gideon, Battle-Forged!? Where did you come from? Nothing super interesting here, but for one mana not bad. Weird face, pass.
- Gideon, Martial Paragon can give buffs to all of your stuff, which is definitely not bad at all, and your opponents are automatically dead if he gets that ten ability off. That said, this Gideon can get it. 10/10.
- Gideon Blackblade is eh. He’s okay. He can get it, though. 7/10.
- Gideon, Ally of Zendikar can do some generic Gideon stuff. Make tokens, give buffs, be a 4/4. Eh. 6.7/10.
- Reconnaissance lets you attack with everything and then say “Well, no, actually, I didn’t attack with those.” This is one of those cards in Magic that you just have to believe was invented or inspired by toddler games where they invent the rules as they go along, y’know? Anyway swing at will!
- Peach Garden Oath is one mana for a crazy amount of lifegain. Lets you swing aggressively and pay as much life as you want.
- Kindred Summons gives you the gift of as many humans as you damn please. That said, be careful not to deck yourself.
- Sigarda, Champion of Light is the other Sigarda card you might want to add, since she likes giving you stuff.
- Chord of Calling is just a plain good tutor.
- Flight of Equenauts, Ledev Guardian, Conclave Equenaut, Conclave Phalanx, and Argivian Phalanx, are just free creatures, more or less.
Yogie on Sucks to Suck (Damage Themed)
7 months ago
lhetrick13 - I see that you've already made some changes to the deck.
Wanting to keep the deck purely tribal is a fair argument. I tend to think of tribal as "the vast majority of creatures being of the same type", my dragon deck, for example, runs a few goblins as they really benefit the deck. But again, if you want to keep the purely tribal that's fair enough. I've also skipped Tuskguard Captain in the past because outlast is such a shitty ability. But trample would still be a good idea, and so is menace! I'd focus on one of them or both.
Vampire Socialite is an interesting one as she is likely to change the order you play your cards. I wanted her for my vampire deck but couldn't fit her in. If you decide to play Hagra Constrictor, Winding Constrictor could be added for some kind of "vampire-snake tribe". I'm a bit unsure of Hydra's Growth myself. I once made a hydra deck with it and I could get 999/999 creatures with Heroes' Bane + Hydra's Growth . The deck played fine but wasn't at the level of my other decks. It's a fun card though!
I see your point about Realmwalker. I've never considered that those types of abilities are meant to increase your hand-size essentially.
Anyway good luck. Feel free to tag me if you want some more feedback or just want to show off new changes!
lhetrick13 on Sucks to Suck (Damage Themed)
7 months ago
Yogei - Good stuff! Thanks for sharing your thoughts man!
I am a little hesitant about Tuskguard Captain as I do not want to lose the tribe for him. In case you have ever thought about running Tuskguard, Duskshell Crawler is similar but a little cheaper. I have never ran Rancor but do hate when an opponent uses it so that is a decent option. I also thought about Hagra Constrictor for mass-menace.
I originally did have Winding Constrictor in this deck and dropped it to keep the tribe pure but do not disagree with you that it would be nice to have to add a 2x multiplier on that counter production. Vampire Socialite has some merit as it does have a lot of synergy with the aggressive nature of the deck. I almost included it originally but decided against it last minute for some reason. Good suggestion! Hydra's Growth is sick but might be a little slow or easy to deal with as none of the vampires I am running have a natural evasion from removal.
I think you are right about Slaughter Specialist. I liked how it came in at a 3/3 compared to Cordial Vampire's only 1/1 but Cordial's ability effects all my vampires while Slaughter's is more selfish. Realmwalker I think I might try to add another copy of before I decide to drop. The idea with it was to give me the ability to play creatures from the top of my library giving me a hand advantage since I lack draw engines. It is a nice ability combined with a 2/3 body is pretty decent for 3 CMC.
Always good to get some fresh perspective on stuff...let me think on this a few days but this has potential to make the deck better for sure. Thanks for taking the time to take a look!
Yogie on Sucks to Suck (Damage Themed)
7 months ago
Nice deck idea, it has potential! "+1/+1 counter when you deal damage" is a good strategy, but it needs utility to be effective. If you can't get through your opponent's defence, your deck slows down a lot. You need to make your opponent unwilling or unable to block you. Since you are playing green, I suggest leaning into trample. Tuskguard Captain or Rancor are good cards but you might find something else.
Hardened Scales is a great fit for the deck and to make the build-up of +1/+1 counters even more explosive, you could pair it with Winding Constrictor. Vampire Socialite and maybe even Hydra's Growth could work well.
I'd probably drop both Slaughter Specialist and Realmwalker. I think you have too few destroy spells for Slaughter Specialist's bottom-ability to be consistent, and I'm wondering if _Realmwalker really is all the useful?
Jopling on Volo's Guide to Cooking Monsters (Budget Counters)
9 months ago
carpecanum that is a really good shout! Looking through them, most Outlast creatures are white, but Tuskguard Captain could fit in very nicely
carpecanum on First Commander Deck Feedback Appreciated
9 months ago
If your commander is a Planeswalker you are going to need a way to protect it. I think you need a few more creatures, probably more with trample or at least bigger than what your opponents usually play. Deus of Calamity, Primeval Protector
If a creature is equipped with something that gives them Trample or Haste (like Chariot of Victory or Sword of Vengeance) you can target them with Misc's +1 ability.
Red spells like Act of Treason would allow you to steal a creature, attack and then sacrifice the creature with Minsc's second ability.
Longshot Squad and Tuskguard Captain both give bonuses to creature with all those +1 counters Minsc can throw around
I would trade out 3 or 4 lands for something else. Your deck runs cheap on mana.
wallisface on Abzan +1/+1 Counters OFFICAL
1 year ago
Holagod perhaps your meta is more casual than mine. I know this list would get crushed by my own playgroup. The mana-curve as mentioned before makes this really slow, but outside of that you have almost no interaction, so combo decks get free-wins.
I would recommend more low-costing cards like Pelt Collector and Experiment One. Having more copies of The Ozolith would also definitely help. There’s also some solid 2cmc cards like Avatar of the Resolute that are worth considering.
There are also some cards which ate just better versions of what you’re running. For example Duskshell Crawler will almost always be better than Tuskguard Captain. And Nissa, Voice of Zendikar will almost always be better than both of your existing planeswalkers.
Stuff like Corpsejack Menace is a “win more” card, i.e he comes down late, and will do nothing for you if you’re behind, while only exaggerating your win if you’re already ahead… so i don’t think he (or your other high-cmc-cards) add much value.
|Have (4)||reikitavi , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , abritt , Darkbob10|
|Want (2)||Aizakku , Amaterasu312|