Front:Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip
Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Planeswalker — Gideon
+2: Up to one target creature an opponent controls attacks Gideon, Battle-Forged during its controller's next turn if able.
+1: Until your next turn, target creature gains indestructible. Untap that creature. (Damage and effects that say "destroy" don't destroy it.)
0: Until end of turn, Gideon, Battle-Forged becomes a 4/4 Human Soldier creature with indestructible that's still a planeswalker. Prevent all damage that would be dealt to it, this turn.
Coward_Token on Jumpstart 2022
6 months ago
Planar Atlas: Sigh. For mono-color commanders, especially MV 4 ones, it would have been nice if this came in untapped.
Zask: obviously mills for random token Insects too
Auntie Blyte: How is there no black or rakdos hybrid pip for the identity? And How is she not just an imp? Guess they went for the "Devil on your shoulder" pun. (IDK if self-life loss in general would have been too much for the trigger.)
Agus Kos, Eternal Soldier: With Brother's War in mind I was thrown off by this not being a tribal card. And then I was thrown off again by it saying ability, not spell. Anway, probably some fun to be had here; how about Gideon, Battle-Forged? Or Mirrorpool?
Daring Piracy: I would have prefered Cloud Pirates as menace isn't super reliable, but Admiral Beckett Brass is nonetheless happy to have a reliable source of tribal combat damage.
Tragic Slip: Sigh. At least there's not a panty shot.
Max_Hammer on These silly hoomans - Need Help
7 months ago
Well hello there! I had way too much time on my hands, so here’s this. By the way, it’s all ordered best to worst. (:
- Circle of Dreams Druid is going to drop loads of mana, assuming you can pay the three green.
- Fallaji Wayfarer is going to give all of your stuff (including your commander) convoke! Not all, but a lot.
- Hamza, Guardian of Arashin is going to make a lot of your creatures cost a lot less.
- Herald of War makes all of your humans dirt cheap if he gets counters. But, oh, what’s that? This deck loves making counters for creatures? Perfect.
- Nissa's Expedition is just Cultivate but it potentially costs a lot less.
- Gaea's Cradle is perfect if you have a small fortune laying around and you’re in need of mana.
- Bennie Bracks, Zoologist every time you make a token? So every turn? Alright, sick.
- Ulvenwald Mysteries lets you investigate the murder of your entire army. A board wipe kills this deck, but this (plus loads of mana) could help bring it back.
- Season of Growth lets you scry a lot, letting you look for pretty much whatever and just pull it out.
- Devouring Light, Conclave Tribunal, Hour of Reckoning are all removal spells but if you’re on a mana budget with a lot of 1/1’s.
- Elspeth Tirel is a board wipe, if you manage to keep her around for long enough. If that’s not what you need, though, she’s got plenty of utility otherwise.
- Coordinated Barrage, Kabira Takedown Flip, and Outflank aren’t super powerful, but can destroy pretty much anything that comes your way. If it’s not hexproofed, shrouded, or indestructible, it will be killed.
- Devout Chaplain says “The power of Christ compels you! Begone!” but this time it actually works.
- Sanctuary Lockdown lets you say “Not this combat phase, Satan,” and if you have enough mana, you can do that again and again and again. Plus, if you decide you can’t, then it’s still a big boy.
- Kamahl's Will will destroy just about anything in sight and can give you extra attacking force, if you can manage a way to keep all of your lands safe.
- Loxodon Hierarch is going to save your deck (which is very sensitive to board wipes) from a board wipe, judy once. Use wisely.
- Scapegoat won’t save your tokens, but it will save everyone else, commander included.
- Kindred Boon can slowly but surely make literally every creature you own indestructible.
- Ephemeral Shields is extra protection that can easily be pulled out of your back pocket.
- Basri's Lieutenant isn’t going to save your deck, but it will buy you time or give you a chance next turn at a kill, if the board wiper was low.
- Song of Freyalise is budget, makes every spell into a convoke spell, and then lets your hammer your opponents with the might of ZEUS!!
- Path of Ancestry should go into every tribal deck!! Well, maybe not every, but it’d definitely be good in this one, so there you go.
- Branching Evolution is just perfect for this deck. Double it, yesssss!
- Hydra's Growth would be perfect on your commander, especially since your best protection works just on them.
- Rick, Steadfast Leader is enough to make a human deck cry. This is no longer a democracy, this is a Ricktatorship.
- Crowned Ceratok, Tuskguard Captain, and Bramblewood Paragon all give your big creatures trample. Just yes.
- Horn of Valhalla can both make a bunch of tokens and then use those tokens to make a big, fuck off 99/99.
- Voice of Resurgence protects you against, or at least discourages the use of, counters and murders on your turn. Why? It makes a big, fuck off 99/99 when someone does.
- Queen Allenal of Ruadach makes more tokens and is a massive body. What’s not to like?
- Hanweir Militia Captain Flip is a mean creature and makes plenty of tokens.
- Primal Vigor, Second Harvest, Anointed Procession, Parallel Lives, and Doubling Season all say “What, you thought I was going to stop at only one million?” Though, I do have a feeling you left these out intentionally. Either they weren’t working or you avoid doubling strategies like these, which totally makes sense.
- Craterhoof Behemoth is, to say the least, a strong card. All of them get trample? And +99/+99? And it has haste? This is a way to turn a game around fast if I’ve ever seen one. The ultimate Might of the Masses creature.
- Might of the Masses is the classic. Instant destruction for just one green. Perfection.
- Seraph of the Masses is a Might of the Masses creature with flying and convoke.
- Shanna, Sisay's Legacy is a Might of the Masses creature with ability hexproof.
- Appeal / Authority is just slow Might of the Masses.
- Huatli, Radiant Champion is Might of the Masses but in Planeswalker form.
- Sigil of the Nayan Gods is Might of the Masses in enchantment form.
- Crusader of Odric is a poor man’s Might of the Masses creature
- Gideon, the Oathsworn just happens to slip and give all of your creatures an absurd number of counters. Not to mention the big body (noticing a pattern yet?) and the one-sided board wipe! He’s got a weird face again, sadly, pass.
- Gideon, Champion of Justice is a board wipe and a big, bad creature all wrapped into one. 7/10, he can dominate me.
- Gideon Jura can goad and destroy stuff. Perfect for removal and instigating fights when you know you’ll win. Not to mention the big scary 6/6 lurking beneath. Also a weird face, pass.
- Gideon of the Trials reads “Fuck your biggest creature, he’s not going to do anything, and also, as long as I’m around, fuck you more.” Nothing crazy, but can definitely make you public enemy #1 for having an effect like that. Pretty normal face, but that ability makes him a dick. 3.4/10
- Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip is just some kid. Ignore him. This is a child, pass.
- Gideon, Battle-Forged!? Where did you come from? Nothing super interesting here, but for one mana not bad. Weird face, pass.
- Gideon, Martial Paragon can give buffs to all of your stuff, which is definitely not bad at all, and your opponents are automatically dead if he gets that ten ability off. That said, this Gideon can get it. 10/10.
- Gideon Blackblade is eh. He’s okay. He can get it, though. 7/10.
- Gideon, Ally of Zendikar can do some generic Gideon stuff. Make tokens, give buffs, be a 4/4. Eh. 6.7/10.
- Reconnaissance lets you attack with everything and then say “Well, no, actually, I didn’t attack with those.” This is one of those cards in Magic that you just have to believe was invented or inspired by toddler games where they invent the rules as they go along, y’know? Anyway swing at will!
- Peach Garden Oath is one mana for a crazy amount of lifegain. Lets you swing aggressively and pay as much life as you want.
- Kindred Summons gives you the gift of as many humans as you damn please. That said, be careful not to deck yourself.
- Sigarda, Champion of Light is the other Sigarda card you might want to add, since she likes giving you stuff.
- Chord of Calling is just a plain good tutor.
- Flight of Equenauts, Ledev Guardian, Conclave Equenaut, Conclave Phalanx, and Argivian Phalanx, are just free creatures, more or less.
vic on Do +1/+1 counters fall off …
2 years ago
If I have a Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip that is flipped into Gideon, Battle-Forged and I activate his (please don't crucify me for assuming his gender) 3rd ability and turn him into a creature, and while in that mode I put a +1/+1 counter on him, will that counter go away at end of turn when he ceases to be a creature?
MagicTheCasual on GIDEON TRIBAL
3 years ago
does commander damage count with damage done by Gideon, Battle-Forged
Camrakul on Gideon Tribal: Sigarda's Swords ft. Mox Amber
5 years ago
Metabble7 - The strategy with Raise the Alarm is to only ever cast it at the end of the opponent's turn. With the lands untapped during the opponents turn, the mana can be used to Mana Tithe or Disenchant or give Kytheon indestructible instead before that. (Or Path later in the game).
Another benefit is that it brings the perfect number of creatures to flip Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip. If Raise is cast at the end of turn 2, opponent needs mana up and instant-speed removal to prevent a turn 3 Gideon, Battle-Forged Flip
I love Lingering Souls, and play it in a different Gideon Tribal deck, but I find the sorcery speed too slow in this deck.
scotchtapedsleeves on Equipping Kytheon, hero of Akros
5 years ago
I was wondering if the equipment equipped on Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip would stay equipped onto Gideon, Battle-Forged once it transformed? Also, if I were to equip Gideon once he's transformed and his 0 ability is activated, then would the equipment stay equipped when he loses the creature property? Or would it be unequipped because he's no longer a creature?
griffstick on Help with Forced Attack Deck
5 years ago
Goblin Diplomats, Illusionist's Gambit, Aggravate, Shipwreck Singer, Rage Nimbus, Norritt, Nettling Imp, Nettling Curse, Magnetic Web, Into the Fray, Incite, Imps' Taunt, Heckling Fiends, Gideon, Battle-Forged, Courtly Provocateur, Chemister's Trick, Bullwhip, Boiling Blood, Basandra, Battle Seraph, Arcum's Whistle, Alluring Siren
DarkMagician on Several Questions
5 years ago
So as we were playing today a few questions came up in my playgroup (and a few more came up in the back of my mind on the way home).
1) If I cast Song of the Dryads enchanting Confusion in the Ranks does the Ranks trigger of of the Song?
2) Does Gideon, Battle-Forged receive a bonus from Grimlock, Dinobot Leader?
3) Would Itlimoc, Cradle of the Sun get a boost from Grimlock, Dinobot Leader if it were a creature?