|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|New Phyrexia (NPH)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
As Xenograft enters the battlefield, choose a creature type.
Each creature you control is the chosen type in addition to its other types.
6 days ago
I must say that Sarkhan420X is right. Again, a little bit of a context on what kind of deck you wanted to play or your kind of playgroup/meta would have definitely been useful.
Given that, I have voted for Yuriko. Here are my reasons. She can get around commander tax, and this already makes her amazing. She focuses no particular player at a time, but everyone at the same time. She gives you card advantage. In dimir you have access to very interesting cards (e.g. Fallen Shinobi just to name one), but also all the tutors and a good choice of combos, if you're into that. Good battlefield and interaction control. This freedom of choice is what made me pick her among the others.
Personally, I'd build her as a ninja tribal (with the good ninjas), filling the remaining slots with goodstuff cards, plus Xenograft and Arcane Adaptation for the lols (so everything else is a ninja too, attack for the win).
1 week ago
I know some of these get up to the $10-$15 mark but worth checking out. Also check out ixalan block or commander 17 has some more generic tribal things.
1 week ago
3 weeks ago
First of all, this isn't a Dimir deck. Dimir represents more than a combination of colours.
Thirdly (on to the actual stuff you're interested in), if you're looking for inspiration you could take a look at my Ninja EDH (though I still need to update the list with Modern Horizons cards): A song without music....
Notable cards from it I find very useful include:
- Gonti, Lord of Luxury doesn't have an evasive ability, but his deathtouch might work just as well to get him through either way. In addition, you can also use it defensively, and he brings a very interesting ability when he comes into play, which is not limited by how many times you bring him back (you can cast the cards exiled with him for as long as they remain exiled, so you're free to bounce him in the meantime).
- Neurok Invisimancer gets one of your ninjas through for free and then acts as a carrier, after which you can use it again. Cheap, does what your deck needs.
- Higure, the Still Wind is about the only ninja lord out there. I don't think I need to explain how useful he can be to the deck.
- Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir gives your creatures flash, which alleviates the cost of returning the creatures on your board to your hand and allows you to maintain some form of defense. It also prevents opponents from messing with your ninjas during combat.
- I find Thalakos Seer about the best ninja carrier in the game. About as cheap as they come, practically unblockable and gives you a card when he jumps back into your hand. One of the most satisfying early drops.
- Illusionist's Gambit is in my opinion one of the strongest blue defensive cards (especially in multiplayer). Considering how hyper-aggressive Ninjas are by design, I usually find it very useful to keep 4 mana open for this to deflect a potential counterattack.
- Memory Plunder remains my favourite EDH card of all time. It gives you access to cards you'd never be able or want to run in your list, and may also serve very well to shrug off some of the counteraggression that's going to be coming your way.
Hope this helps!
1 month ago
Thank you! I was definitely dedicated to it. I am replacing Xenograft with Cephalid Shrine more control and already have the cephalids to make this work well, might throw in Laboratory Maniac for the mill win though
1 month ago
Currently building a Yuriko list myself. Depends on whether you want to go Ninja tribal, or more competitive. If you’re going to build a tribal/semi-tribal deck, just keep in mind a few things.
For starters, your unblock-able and evasive creatures eventually become better ninjas with a conspiracy effect, then the actual ninjitsu ninjas. So I wouldn’t run ALL of the ninjas, unless you really want to. I run like 9, and that is considered a high amount for the deck. Modern Horizons has added decent additions to the tribe. If it weren’t for that, I might run even less.
Conspiracy effects and top-deck manipulation are extremely important. A lot of lists have Xenograft but I actually think in a lot of cases, Standardize and Unnatural Selection are better. At the very least, don’t sleep on those, even if you include xenograft.
Far as top deck manipulation, this deck really wants Scroll Rack . It’s expensive, but it’s too good to not have. There are more reasonable cards like Crystal Ball and Future Sight you can use. Insidious Dreams can help you win on the spot, if enough ninjas get through. Make sure you have four or five cards, with a total CMC of 40+ in the deck, so when you use this card, you just murder everyone.
Lastly, this deck doesn’t too much care what other players are doing, so you can keep just a basic removal package. If you have counter-magic, generally you wanna only use it, to protect yourself when you’re going for the win. Or if you know an opponent is absolutely going to win right then, and there, Yuriko comes out of nowhere so you don’t really need to control the rest of the board.
If you end up running Doomsday you prob need a decent tutor package too. She will generate a lot of hate, once your pod is familiar with her, so protection will probably be important, but I haven’t figured out the best options for the deck, yet.
1 month ago
Xenograft helps make everything ninjas also, Wonder put it in your graveyard if you can and all creatures have flying (makes it harder to block), add in high mana cost cards like Treasure Cruise , Temporal Trespass , and Temporal Mastery to deal massive amounts of damage to everyone in one turn
Ninjitsu check mine out!
1 month ago
I’ve been looking through modern horizons Spoilers and I have noticed an infinite mana combo...
Can anyone else think of other interesting ideas around this combo?
Xenograft occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%