Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Gideon, Champion of Justice
Planeswalker — Gideon
+1: Put a loyalty counter on Gideon, Champion of Justice for each creature target opponent controls.
0: Until end of turn, Gideon becomes an indestructible Human Soldier creature with power and toughness each equal to the number of loyalty counters on him. He's still a planeswalker. Prevent all damage that would be dealt to him this turn.
-15: Exile all other permanents.
king-saproling on May I Offer You a Hippo in These Trying Times?
2 months ago
Nice! I also built a low-hug phelddagrif deck (you can check it out here if you want).
These wincons might interest you: Gideon, Champion of Justice, Angel's Trumpet, Suture Priest, Dingus Staff, Mantle of Leadership
Here are some other cards that perform well: Keep Watch, Borrowing 100,000 Arrows, Theft of Dreams, Jaheira's Respite, Sawtusk Demolisher, Authority of the Consuls
Max_Hammer on These silly hoomans - Need Help
5 months ago
Well hello there! I had way too much time on my hands, so here’s this. By the way, it’s all ordered best to worst. (:
- Circle of Dreams Druid is going to drop loads of mana, assuming you can pay the three green.
- Fallaji Wayfarer is going to give all of your stuff (including your commander) convoke! Not all, but a lot.
- Hamza, Guardian of Arashin is going to make a lot of your creatures cost a lot less.
- Herald of War makes all of your humans dirt cheap if he gets counters. But, oh, what’s that? This deck loves making counters for creatures? Perfect.
- Nissa's Expedition is just Cultivate but it potentially costs a lot less.
- Gaea's Cradle is perfect if you have a small fortune laying around and you’re in need of mana.
- Bennie Bracks, Zoologist every time you make a token? So every turn? Alright, sick.
- Ulvenwald Mysteries lets you investigate the murder of your entire army. A board wipe kills this deck, but this (plus loads of mana) could help bring it back.
- Season of Growth lets you scry a lot, letting you look for pretty much whatever and just pull it out.
- Devouring Light, Conclave Tribunal, Hour of Reckoning are all removal spells but if you’re on a mana budget with a lot of 1/1’s.
- Elspeth Tirel is a board wipe, if you manage to keep her around for long enough. If that’s not what you need, though, she’s got plenty of utility otherwise.
- Coordinated Barrage, Kabira Takedown Flip, and Outflank aren’t super powerful, but can destroy pretty much anything that comes your way. If it’s not hexproofed, shrouded, or indestructible, it will be killed.
- Devout Chaplain says “The power of Christ compels you! Begone!” but this time it actually works.
- Sanctuary Lockdown lets you say “Not this combat phase, Satan,” and if you have enough mana, you can do that again and again and again. Plus, if you decide you can’t, then it’s still a big boy.
- Kamahl's Will will destroy just about anything in sight and can give you extra attacking force, if you can manage a way to keep all of your lands safe.
- Loxodon Hierarch is going to save your deck (which is very sensitive to board wipes) from a board wipe, judy once. Use wisely.
- Scapegoat won’t save your tokens, but it will save everyone else, commander included.
- Kindred Boon can slowly but surely make literally every creature you own indestructible.
- Ephemeral Shields is extra protection that can easily be pulled out of your back pocket.
- Basri's Lieutenant isn’t going to save your deck, but it will buy you time or give you a chance next turn at a kill, if the board wiper was low.
- Song of Freyalise is budget, makes every spell into a convoke spell, and then lets your hammer your opponents with the might of ZEUS!!
- Path of Ancestry should go into every tribal deck!! Well, maybe not every, but it’d definitely be good in this one, so there you go.
- Branching Evolution is just perfect for this deck. Double it, yesssss!
- Hydra's Growth would be perfect on your commander, especially since your best protection works just on them.
- Rick, Steadfast Leader is enough to make a human deck cry. This is no longer a democracy, this is a Ricktatorship.
- Crowned Ceratok, Tuskguard Captain, and Bramblewood Paragon all give your big creatures trample. Just yes.
- Horn of Valhalla can both make a bunch of tokens and then use those tokens to make a big, fuck off 99/99.
- Voice of Resurgence protects you against, or at least discourages the use of, counters and murders on your turn. Why? It makes a big, fuck off 99/99 when someone does.
- Queen Allenal of Ruadach makes more tokens and is a massive body. What’s not to like?
- Hanweir Militia Captain Flip is a mean creature and makes plenty of tokens.
- Primal Vigor, Second Harvest, Anointed Procession, Parallel Lives, and Doubling Season all say “What, you thought I was going to stop at only one million?” Though, I do have a feeling you left these out intentionally. Either they weren’t working or you avoid doubling strategies like these, which totally makes sense.
- Craterhoof Behemoth is, to say the least, a strong card. All of them get trample? And +99/+99? And it has haste? This is a way to turn a game around fast if I’ve ever seen one. The ultimate Might of the Masses creature.
- Might of the Masses is the classic. Instant destruction for just one green. Perfection.
- Seraph of the Masses is a Might of the Masses creature with flying and convoke.
- Shanna, Sisay's Legacy is a Might of the Masses creature with ability hexproof.
- Appeal / Authority is just slow Might of the Masses.
- Huatli, Radiant Champion is Might of the Masses but in Planeswalker form.
- Sigil of the Nayan Gods is Might of the Masses in enchantment form.
- Crusader of Odric is a poor man’s Might of the Masses creature
- Gideon, the Oathsworn just happens to slip and give all of your creatures an absurd number of counters. Not to mention the big body (noticing a pattern yet?) and the one-sided board wipe! He’s got a weird face again, sadly, pass.
- Gideon, Champion of Justice is a board wipe and a big, bad creature all wrapped into one. 7/10, he can dominate me.
- Gideon Jura can goad and destroy stuff. Perfect for removal and instigating fights when you know you’ll win. Not to mention the big scary 6/6 lurking beneath. Also a weird face, pass.
- Gideon of the Trials reads “Fuck your biggest creature, he’s not going to do anything, and also, as long as I’m around, fuck you more.” Nothing crazy, but can definitely make you public enemy #1 for having an effect like that. Pretty normal face, but that ability makes him a dick. 3.4/10
- Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip is just some kid. Ignore him. This is a child, pass.
- Gideon, Battle-Forged!? Where did you come from? Nothing super interesting here, but for one mana not bad. Weird face, pass.
- Gideon, Martial Paragon can give buffs to all of your stuff, which is definitely not bad at all, and your opponents are automatically dead if he gets that ten ability off. That said, this Gideon can get it. 10/10.
- Gideon Blackblade is eh. He’s okay. He can get it, though. 7/10.
- Gideon, Ally of Zendikar can do some generic Gideon stuff. Make tokens, give buffs, be a 4/4. Eh. 6.7/10.
- Reconnaissance lets you attack with everything and then say “Well, no, actually, I didn’t attack with those.” This is one of those cards in Magic that you just have to believe was invented or inspired by toddler games where they invent the rules as they go along, y’know? Anyway swing at will!
- Peach Garden Oath is one mana for a crazy amount of lifegain. Lets you swing aggressively and pay as much life as you want.
- Kindred Summons gives you the gift of as many humans as you damn please. That said, be careful not to deck yourself.
- Sigarda, Champion of Light is the other Sigarda card you might want to add, since she likes giving you stuff.
- Chord of Calling is just a plain good tutor.
- Flight of Equenauts, Ledev Guardian, Conclave Equenaut, Conclave Phalanx, and Argivian Phalanx, are just free creatures, more or less.
Diversity on Tax the Living
1 year ago
Take Out: Gideon, Champion of Justice Take In: Athreos, God of Passage
Bababad on Tayam Enchantress Control
2 years ago
Gideon, Champion of Justice could be a sleeper all star. make him huge, then make him a creature the following turn, steal some of his loyalty counters to pay for tayam.
Infernal Darkness could do some absolute stall work in here when you need it to.
Soul Stair Expedition, Khalni Heart Expedition and Sunspring Expedition seem easy to proc and you don't necessarily have to sac them, you can use them as tayam fodder
if you lean into the tokens Beastmaster Ascension gets you free counters to devour and a combat damage win con
PickleNutz on Interaction between Gideon and Yorion
2 years ago
This is a sample deck that I messed around with and is by no means optimized yet. But the question is does this work, and can it be efficient enough to be competitive.
The idea is bouncing Gideon with cards like Yorion to load The Ozolith with counters, then reapply them to Gideon for ultra fast planeswalker ultimates or heavy swings.
My understanding is Ozolith only see creatures, but Gideon becomes a creature with his 0 ability.
If Gideon is activated as a creature, then bounced, the loyalty counters should transfer to the Ozolith as it doesn’t specify “types” of counters. Upon remembering, because it’s a substitute effect for the counters, Gideon will still have the loyalty he did when he exited and when he attacks as a creature they can be moved from Ozolith to him.
This means getting huge -15 exile effects from Gideon and being able to smash if it is a sound concept.
Can anybody clarify this play and the interactions if I am wrong?
Also, what can be changed to maximize bounce effects.
king-saproling on Phelddy's Enchanted Pillow Fort
3 years ago
Love me some Phelddagrif! You might like these:
- Treetop Village, Lumbering Falls, Stirring Wildwood. Sneaky Intruder Alarm Synergy!
- Wilderness Reclamation, Frontier Siege, Smothering Tithe
- Nacatl War-Pride. This card is so cool with Phelddagrif. You can actually have the copies attack players other than the defending player of the non-token Nacatl. For example, you can swing OG Nacatl at your frenemy who has 10 hippos, and send the 10 Nacatl copies at non-friend opponents. Has syngery with Teferi's Protection too: Respond to Nacatl's delayed trigger that would normally exile the cat tokens with TP (tokens that are phased out can't be exiled) allowing you to keep all the cat copies!
- Gideon, Champion of Justice, Ezuri's Predation, Arachnogenesis, Dingus Staff. Weaponize the hippo gifts.
- Mantle of Leadership. Give someone hippos just to kill them with commander damage!
- Beck / Call, Borrowing 100,000 Arrows, Theft of Dreams, Keep Watch. Profit from giving hippos.
Here's my hippo list if you're interested: Super Hippo
king-saproling on HIPPO
3 years ago
Looks like you might've forgot to designate your commander, but no worries I know it's Phelddagrif haha. Phelddagrif is one of my faves, and I really dig that you're going for wins here rather than just group hug. I have a Super Hippo deck too if you wanna check it out.
You might like these cards: Nacatl War-Pride, Seedborn Muse, Beck / Call, Mantle of Leadership, Gideon, Champion of Justice, Dingus Staff, Clone Legion, Deploy to the Front, Nature's Revolt, Verity Circle, Dowsing Dagger Flip, Biomantic Mastery
griffstick on Mageta the lion
3 years ago
I found these.
- Aegis Angel
- Angelic Guardian
- Angelic Overseer
- Deathless Angel
- Sephara, Sky's Blade
- Seraph of the Suns
- Stuffy Doll
- Bastion Protector
- Konda, Lord of Eiganjo
- Oketra the True
- Shielded by Faith
- Spirit Bonds
- Zetalpa, Primal Dawn
- Gideon Blackblade
- Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
- Gideon, Champion of Justice
|Have (2)||gildan_bladeborn , Downside_Up|
|Want (3)||zwlda , Amaterasu312 , mflint|