Populate X times. (To populate, create a token that's a copy of a creature token you control. Do this X times.)
Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Full Flowering Discussion
1 month ago
I like this list - the only thing I'd look at would be blink effects because riku's second ability looks for ETB, not cast. - conjourer's closet is out because its 5 mana, but Thassa, Deep-Dwelling is a powerhouse and the humble Displace and Ghostly Flicker get eight triggers if you have the setup.
If you want trippy combos along this line to break siege gang commander, check out the ghostly flicker combo decks in pauper, alongside Skirk Prospector combos.
4 months ago
Hey! Kinda late, but I would like to suggest some stuff:
(Disclaimer: I have a budget way lower than yours, but I've been tinkering with Ghired for almost two years - he's my favorite commander. I'll break the suggested upgrades down into categories for better organization.)
- You need them for Ghired and his tokens to attack right away, as well as to use your creatures with tap abilities on demand. Please consider Hammer of Purphoros in addition to Lightning Greaves and Fires of Yavimaya. The Hammer can even create tokens if needed.
Ramp: Run at least 15 ramp cards to make your deck flow smoother and faster.
As an aggressive deck, speed is fundamental. Fellwar Stone, Nature's Lore, Three Visits, Skyshroud Elf, Bloom Tender, Faeburrow Elder, Chromatic Lantern, Coalition Relic, Wood Elves, Skyshroud Claim and Mirari's Wake can ramp and heavily fix your mana, taking the place of Gyre Sage, Solemn Simulacrum, Rampant Growth, Sakura-Tribe Elder and Xenagos, the Reveler - the latter is a win-more ramp, and his 2/2 token is not large enough to synergize with the power-based card draw, while the other four fix for a single color of mana (Ghired decks can sometimes be color-hungry), and this deck can't abuse the sad robot for value.
In the land department, Krosan Verge and Blighted Woodland pull their weight, and synergize greatly with Avenger of Zendikar and Rampaging Baloths. Maybe remove Cascading Cataracts? (Your spells are not THAT color hungry.)
Have you considered Warstorm Surge and Terror of the Peaks as a mean to do damage even before attacking? The dragon can even be cloned with Flamerush Rider, Flameshadow Conjuring and Soul Foundry for extra copies of the same effect (the game ends quiiiickly after that). I'd remove Dragonmaster Outcast for that, since its effect is slow (albeit amazing if he lasts on the field).
Extra combats: You don't have to worry about your opponents' answers if they never get to their turn, so...
- Moraug, Fury of Akoum, Aurelia, the Warleader, Combat Celebrant, Scourge of the Throne (I believe there is an infinite combo involving those two), Savage Beating, Response / Resurgence, Breath of Fury (always attach it to your disposable tokens to keep attacking).
Winds of Abandon might replace Hour of Reckoning. I don't really like to lose Ghired on a boardwipe, since he costs 7 mana to recast. Winds of Abandon also works as evasion for your creatures, since your opponents won't have creatures to block. As for the ramp it offers, an opponent can't do anything with the extra lands if he/she's dead, right? :-)
Card draw: Alongside ramp, it is my main concern with Ghired. I want to be able to rebuild my board after a boardwipe.
I believe that Camaraderie can be substituted for Shamanic Revelation as the latter cost less mana. Mouth / Feed is another option that creates its own big token. Return of the Wildspeaker can either draw cards or buff creatures for an alpha strike.
Keeper of Fables triggers all other power-based card draw, while giving easy draw triggers to all your trampling creatures. Elder Gargaroth is a buffed, more versatile version of it. And remember: both can be cloned for extra juicy draw or extra tokens.
Sylvan Library is an overall great card filter for your regular draws. It gets better with shufflers like fetchlands and tutors.
Since your deck is focused on attacking and getting extra combat steps, Etali, Primal Storm might be a fun way to play your opponents' cards while lowering their life points.
Some cards I suggest you to remove:
- Sundering Growth: you already have enough flexible removal. You will almost never be in a situation in which the token to copy and the artifact/enchantment to remove are optimal choices. Since you're running Eladamri's Call, Reclamation Sage might be worth including (and cloned for the enjoyment of your friends).
- Starnheim Unleashed: one token is too little for a whole card slot in the deck. If you're foretelling, it costs a lot of mana to be worthwhile. The game might be over before that.
- Growing Ranks: waiting a whole rotation to get a token which does not even have haste is not ideal.
- Ghired's Belligerence, Full Flowering: good for a late game play, mostly dead until then. I like those, but I removed them in favor of more mid-game cards, since I might not last until 9+ mana.
- Trostani, Selesnya's Voice: while on-theme, it does little to advance your win condition.
- Thunderfoot Baloth: not an amazing buff. Your creatures are big already, and Garruk's Uprising takes care of the evasion.
- Feldon of the Third Path: all-star when there is a lot of graveyard filling - there is none in this deck. (I really tried to keep him on my deck because I like the card, but most of the time there was no creature in my graveyard.)
- Eldrazi Displacer: are you using it for a combo? I couldn't identify it.
Some cool lands for you to try out: (landbase is my favorite part of deckbuilding)
- Castle Garenbrig: how easily do you have access to a Forest for it to be worth including in your deck?
- Rogue's Passage: can sometimes help you to finish an opponent.
- Scavenger Grounds: if you face graveyard-centric decks (you don't seem to use your graveyard much).
- Hanweir Battlements Meld: another haste enabler.
- Gargoyle Castle: sometimes you need a flying token. (I rarely use it, but I like to have the option.)
- Gemstone Caverns: a turn-0 ramp when the first turn is not yours.
- Bonders' Enclave: card draw on a land (easily accessible).
- Mana Confluence, Battlefield Forge, Karplusan Forest, Brushland, Horizon Canopy, Sunbaked Canyon, Prismatic Vista, Cragcrown Pathway Flip, Branchloft Pathway Flip, Needleverge Pathway Flip: more untapped dual lands.
I hope I've been of some help to you. I didn't suggest many token-related cards because I believe that, as long as you have decent ramp, draw and removal in your deck, you can win to your heart's content. Wanna throw in a Godsire? Do it. Prefer to clone your opponents' creatures with Hate Mirage? Go ahead. But the fundamentals of the deck is what makes it flow consistently. Have fun and smash 'em all (and run Doubling Season for extra fun) ;-)
9 months ago
Thanks dum321, I appreciate the suggestions. I hadn't thought of Umbral Mantle but I have considered Staff of Domination because I could use it for a few different things. My small group tries to avoid things that could spoil the fun like infinite combos and stuff that stops each other from engaging with the game like counter heavy decks, except when we all agree to it. That is why I have Channel and Full Flowering and/or Gelatinous Genesis ready to slot in.
10 months ago
I'm not sure if you got the precon or not, but a few of the cards from it are real gems for this deck!
Adrix and Nev, Twincasters can duplicate the number of tokens you get just like any of the other doubling season effects. Any of these effects copy the effect that makes the token, so the token would still enter with whatever number of counters the origin of the effect would make.
Curiosity Crafter is a token-specific Reconnaissance Mission / Coastal Piracy - style effect. If you're able to consistently make large enough tokens, Garruk's Uprising and Elemental Bond are also excellent options.
Ruxa, Patient Professor is amazing with Fractals! Ignore the first paragraph...the second and third line are gold. And that third line helps us get that sweet value from the Curiosity Crafter-style draw spells.
Don't be afraid of instant-speed draw like Eureka Moment and Growth Spiral . They may look unimpressive, but they perform way better than they look. Return of the Wildspeaker would also likely be awesome in your deck, with a bunch of very large non-humans. Perplexing Test has also performed very well in my token deck.
I'm going to call out Full Flowering and any other token copiers as cards that might not perform very well, since those don't replicate the +1/+1 counters on your 0/0 tokens. Biomass Mutation is an absolute house in here, especially with any form of evasion, like Ruxa, trample from Garruk's Uprising, or the flying from Combine Chrysalis .
11 months ago
1 year ago
You might like these: Reyhan, Last of the Abzan , Chakram Retriever , Kindred Discovery , Reality Spasm , Second Harvest , Full Flowering , Kamahl's Druidic Vow , Entrancing Melody , Open Into Wonder , Spell Burst , Wurmcalling , Broken Ambitions , Clash of Wills , Condescend , Power Sink , Mind Spring
1 year ago
Here are some cards you might like: Beast Whisperer, Broodhatch Nantuko, Colossal Majesty, Deep Forest Hermit, Druid's Deliverance, Evolution Sage, Explore, Full Flowering, Gaea's Blessing, Garruk, Primal Hunter, Generous Stray, Giant Adephage, Gilt-Leaf Archdruid (pushing the budget, I know. Just thought I'd throw it out there),Hunter's Insight, Paragon of Eternal Wilds, Rampaging Baloths, Runic Armasaur, Sandwurm Convergence, Second Harvest, Selesnya Eulogist, Seton, Krosan Protector, Shapers' Sanctuary, Snake Umbra, Temur Sabertooth, Verdant Rebirth, Voice of Many.
Figured I'd give you a lot of different choices and you can pick through them for the ones you like.
What I would recommend you do with this deck is turn its focus into a cat and druid tribal deck that incorporates a lot of card draw and token generators along with populate effects. I feel it would bring a lot more synergy to your deck without increasing the price.
IF you ever wanted to break budget a little bit for this deck, I'd suggest maintaining the whole cat/druid/token themes and incorporating a little more of an enchantment focus with cards like Argothian Enchantress, Verduran Enchantress, Yavimaya Enchantress, Eidolon of Blossoms, and Setessan Champion. This would both boost your druid count a bit and your card draw significantly. These combined with enchantments like Beastmaster Ascension, Parallel Lives, Season of Growth and auras such as Keen Sense, and Sixth Sense, would net you a lot of value and power.
You might also consider cutting some of your lands like Blighted Woodland, Desert of the Indomitable, Slippery Karst, and maybe 1 or 2 forests, and adding in more ramp cards. I'd suggest maybe a Kodama's Reach and some artifact ramp like a Mind Stone, but I think you should focus most of your ramp on land auras like Wild Growth, Fertile Ground, Wolfwillow Haven, and Overgrowth. They'd be really nice if you ever decided to go down the Enchantress route.
I knooow this is long I'm sorry but I just see a lot of cool fun and potential in this deck of yours. :^) I tried to keep my recommendations budget but a few pricier choices might've slipped through. I hope this helps!
1 year ago
Im building a Zaxara, the Exemplary deck and was wondering what would happen if i played Full Flowering with Beastmaster Ascension in play. Lets assume i already have a hydra token in play, with 0/0 power and toughness but with some amount of +1/+1 counters. I know that full flowering will only copy the base level power and toughness of a token and not the counters. Would the copies be 0/0 and die or are they 5/5s because of Beastmaster Ascension?