Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Enchantment — Aura
Enchant land (Target a land as you cast this. This card enters the battlefield attached to that land.)
Whenever enchanted land is tapped for mana, its controller gains an additional .
2 weeks ago
Component Pouch, Worn Powerstone, Palladium Myr, Somberwald Sage, Overgrowth, Coalition Relic, Pentad Prism, Generator Servant, Eye of Ramos, Heart of Ramos, and Horn of Ramos would all ensure that Intent comes out on turn 4 assuming you've drawn your 4th land by then. Your land count is too low to reliably achieve this though. Would need to be at least 39 lands.
Personally I would cut thought vessel, farseek, rampant growth, wood elves, yavimaya dryad, and utopia sprawl in favor of some of the aforementioned cards.
2 months ago
It doesn't look like you have much ramp. Since you are going the enchantress rout, I'd recommend land enchantment ramp like Wild Growth, Utopia Sprawl, Fertile Ground, Overgrowth, Wolfwillow Haven, or any of the other myriad choices of similar ramp cards.
Spirit of the Labyrinth seems like it hurts your enchantress theme. Sensei's Divining Top is a generally good card, but it really doesn't need to go in every deck, and you could probably do without it here to add some ramp. I would think with the amount of draw you have in the deck, setting up the top three of your library probably isn't that necessary. Gilded Drake is another generally good card, but I don't see it as a fit here, unless you're able to reliably blink it and I'm missing that. Although not an enchantment, Seedborn Muse would pair well with Stasis. Vernal Equinox can be fun to let you play a chunk of your deck at instant speed, but it allows everyone to do so.
2 months ago
Hey, Croaking Counterpart is a good way to get Frogs because it can copy an opponent's creature including a Commander. Any card recursion is a specialty in green: Eternal Witness, Regrowth, Bala Ged Recovery Flip, etc. This kind of recursion with Counterpart seems like a good way to get Frogs who can give you some value.
Changelings are Frogs. Bloodline Pretender looks like a Frog, cares about +1/+1 counters and grows whenever Keimi is created. Changeling Outcast is a one drop Frog who's unblockable. Moritte of the Frost can copy a creature you control making it a Frog + adding counters.
For the +1/+1 counters strategy consider more repeatable sources of counters: Oath of the Ancient Wood, Hadana's Climb Flip, Forgotten Ancient? Winged Temple of Orazca can be a win condition effect with Tatsunari.
Because playing enchantresses and other effects that care about enchantments for ramp most mana rocks and land ramp would be better as land auras: Wild Growth, Utopia Sprawl, Fertile Ground, Overgrowth, Weirding Wood, Wolfwillow Haven. Some mana rock exceptions are Sol and Arcane Signet.
Good luck with your deck.
3 months ago
(Yeah hey I'm Reece's friend and I had nothing else happening so I thought I'd take a peek at the deck. First of all, it's a pretty sweet deck, I love this commander and how you decided to build it. Everything I'm saying here are just suggestions to help you enjoy your deck more. Do with it what you will.)
- Due to the final activated ability on The World Tree, it actually has a color identity of all 5 colors, so it can't be run in this 3-color deck. If you want a great resource for finding better lands, I'd recommend looking on managathering.com
- Enlightened Tutor is pretty expensive money-wise, but of you're proxying or playing online it is a fantastic tutor that also sets the card to the top of your library to let Galea cast it with her ability
- This deck is pretty heavy on board wipes in my opinion, but if you like them, keep them. It might be worth running more ways to give your commander indestructible or totem armor such as Hammer of Nazahn or Eel Umbra so that she's not caught in the crossfire. These can also replace instants doing a similar thing for just 1 turn, such as Heroic Intervention
- Have a backup plan for if your opponents decide to kill Galea, Kindler of Hope every time she comes out before she can get protected. You may want to run more creatures to have other targets for your buffs. Many good options in the Maybeboard
- You have plenty of defensive interaction to protect yourself (maybe even too much), but not nearly as much offensive interaction to stop others. Cards like Beast Within or Generous Gift are incredible tools to deal with any problem. Or, consider more cards that have multiple modes such as Selesnya Charm or Primal Command so that you can choose when to help yourself or slow down opponents as needed
- Generally speaking you'll probably want more card draw. Spidersilk Net feels great when you cast it off the top of your library for free, but if your hand gets filled with cards like that you'll feel like you can't do anything. Sram, Senior Edificer is the perfect kind of card draw engine this deck wants to see, more things like him will help immensely.
- Since your deck isn't racing as fast as possible to get Galea out, ramp like Avacyn's Pilgrim and Llanowar Elves become a bit more of a liability. If you want more reliable ramp, consider switching them for more effects that put lands from your library into play. These effects have the added benefit of shuffling your deck afterwards, so once Galea is out you can use them to get a new card on top.
- Be very careful with "protection from color" effects in this deck. Giving a creature "protection from white" will cause any white auras attached to it to fall of and be sent to the graveyard, as they can no longer target the creature.
- Assault Suit is very funny. Use at your own risk...
- If you like Trophy Mage, you'll love Tribute Mage and Trinket Mage. Similarly:
- Nature's Lore and Three Visits or Farseek
- Renegade Map and Wayfarer's Bauble or Expedition Map
- Rune of Sustenance and Rune of Might or Rune of Flight
- Wild Growth and Overgrowth
- Gods Willing and Sejiri Shelter Flip
- Indomitable Archangel and Padeem, Consul of Innovation
- All That Glitters and Nettlecyst
Hope this helps! ~Yoshe
4 months ago
You're welcome, nice changes. Now think more about the curve of your deck and build a core of cards that you always want to draw in a game. Here's an example:
- 4x ramp source (Huntmaster)
- 4x draw source (Commune)
- 4x removal (Lightning Bolt or Lightning Strike)
- 4x Dino (Quartzwood)
- 4x Dino (Shifting)
- 4x Gruul dual land
- 4x Gruul dual land
- 12 basic lands (Forests and Mountains)
Once you have the core then add other support cards that are 3 ofs, 2 ofs or 1 ofs.
What noncreature card out of ten 2 ofs do you think is best to play as a 4 of?
- 2x Gruul Signet
- 2x Commune with Dinosaurs
- 2x Dinosaur Stampede
- 2x Evolution Charm
- 2x Fury Charm
- 2x Return to Nature
- 2x Glorious Sunrise
- 2x Overgrowth
- 2x Wilderness Reclamation
- 2x Tempt with Discovery
Consider choosing one of these or more to cut or cut 1x of two different ones to add 2x more of one of these? Fury Charm pump + trample is worse than Dinosaur Stampede and the other modes of Fury are not really worth a card. Tempt with Discovery is worse ramp than Gruul Signet or Overgrowth because Tempt is not reliable ramp and it costs four mana. Return to Nature is not really a main deck card because opponent may not be playing artifacts, enchantments or any graveyard interaction. Return is a good example of a sideboard card that you can swap in games 2 or 3 if it will help you since you know what your opponent is playing.
5 months ago
Hey! You have a lot of great stuff in the deck. I have a couple of questions and thoughts on it though.
I took a quick look and didn't notice many landfall triggers. Being mono green I wasn't sure about the inclusion of Evolving Wilds?
You have a few enchant land cards and I thought the addition of a Arbor Elf may be worth a look.
Also along the lines of mono green, the land enchant New Horizons is a great card for mana fixing in a multi colour deck, but you might want to take a look at Overgrowth. It's the same mana cost, but will provide more green mana for you.
I also play Library of Leng in my Nekusar, the Mindrazer deck, but I find it's really well suited for a deck that has a lot of discard effects or wheels (discard and draw) that target myself as well as the table. I think Lifecrafter's Bestiary as a budget card would fit nicely and Vanquisher's Banner for a better more expensive option.
I was also curious on what your focus/win strategy is? Are you wanting to do an elf and wolf hybrid deck? Or a more focused elf deck, along the lines of elf ball? Or ramping with elves to get out big creatures? I think if you focused the deck more it would synergize better and ultimately be stronger.
Also, Mana Bloom has very limited usefulness for a mono green deck and particularly one that can't add counters to it without paying into it. Maybe just add another land enchant like Wild Growth. Or even another Vernal Bloom kind of effect. Plus your commander already pumps out mana producing creatures.
6 months ago
Even with your wicked high creature CMC, you could probably cut 4-5 lands completely. Utopia Sprawl is a nice 1 drop ramp spell, and a lot of your lands have the forest type so it should work well, same with Overgrowth. Ancient Tomb, Temple of the False God, and maybe Shrine of the Forsaken Gods, could all be land options to put in place of some of your ETB tapped lands.
9 months ago
So I think the first major thing is that you rely on a large amount of mana for a lot of your big effects, as well as specific colors of mana.
For general ramp, I would recommend looking at Kodama's Reach, Cultivate, Overgrowth, Harrow, Fertile Ground, Utopia Sprawl, Search for Tomorrow as possible ramp cards that get more mana and do a bit of color fixing.
I also think a good include would be Staff of Nin for allowing you to get some extra card draw and enrage pings for when you are trying to get your state rolling.