Creature — Human Druid
Yavimaya Enchantress gets +1/+1 for each enchantment on the battlefield.
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Common|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Common|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Uncommon|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Uncommon|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Uncommon|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Uncommon|
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Uncommon|
|Urza's Destiny (UDS)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Yavimaya Enchantress Discussion
17 hours ago
Here are some cards you might like: Beast Whisperer, Broodhatch Nantuko, Colossal Majesty, Deep Forest Hermit, Druid's Deliverance, Evolution Sage, Explore, Full Flowering, Gaea's Blessing, Garruk, Primal Hunter, Generous Stray, Giant Adephage, Gilt-Leaf Archdruid (pushing the budget, I know. Just thought I'd throw it out there),Hunter's Insight, Paragon of Eternal Wilds, Rampaging Baloths, Runic Armasaur, Sandwurm Convergence, Second Harvest, Selesnya Eulogist, Seton, Krosan Protector, Shapers' Sanctuary, Snake Umbra, Temur Sabertooth, Verdant Rebirth, Voice of Many.
Figured I'd give you a lot of different choices and you can pick through them for the ones you like.
What I would recommend you do with this deck is turn its focus into a cat and druid tribal deck that incorporates a lot of card draw and token generators along with populate effects. I feel it would bring a lot more synergy to your deck without increasing the price.
IF you ever wanted to break budget a little bit for this deck, I'd suggest maintaining the whole cat/druid/token themes and incorporating a little more of an enchantment focus with cards like Argothian Enchantress, Verduran Enchantress, Yavimaya Enchantress, Eidolon of Blossoms, and Setessan Champion. This would both boost your druid count a bit and your card draw significantly. These combined with enchantments like Beastmaster Ascension, Parallel Lives, Season of Growth and auras such as Keen Sense, and Sixth Sense, would net you a lot of value and power.
You might also consider cutting some of your lands like Blighted Woodland, Desert of the Indomitable, Slippery Karst, and maybe 1 or 2 forests, and adding in more ramp cards. I'd suggest maybe a Kodama's Reach and some artifact ramp like a Mind Stone, but I think you should focus most of your ramp on land auras like Wild Growth, Fertile Ground, Wolfwillow Haven, and Overgrowth. They'd be really nice if you ever decided to go down the Enchantress route.
I knooow this is long I'm sorry but I just see a lot of cool fun and potential in this deck of yours. :^) I tried to keep my recommendations budget but a few pricier choices might've slipped through. I hope this helps!
1 year ago
1 year ago
Completely understand about the meta conflict. I just like the God synergy with Karona. New Sisay is a better general as a tutor on a stick.
Cut Yavimaya Enchantress . Look through my enchantment pile one more time.
1 year ago
More nonbasic lands added.
1 year ago
This deck does have some of the combos from 2 vasa, like first playing Humility then playing Opalescence , to beat down the opponents creatures. Or even just play on the opponents turns with Leyline of Anticipation and Seedborn Muse . I wasn't aiming for voltron but with the commander and Yavimaya Enchantress it's an optional win-con. The goal i'm looking for is the combination of the two decks, combo of the first deck and the value draw engine of the second deck, while being more consistent and smooth.
I suppose the win-con is to out-value my opponents, with voltron as a backup (mostly because its built into the commander).
1 year ago
1 year ago
Needs more Fortitude
Frog Tongue is a cantrip
Also also: I've been Wombating for a long time, and I can tell you with certainty that when you play against people, they are going to try to kill your boy, because they lack both culture and sophistication. Hexproof and Indestructible instants like Ranger's Guile , Vines of Vastwood , and Mortal's Resolve are pretty clutch.
Seeing another Wombat deck pleases me greatly. Godspeed, friend.
1 year ago
I've made a number of recent updates here.
- Hanna, Ship's Navigator - I've got a few other ways to recur enchantments, and she's just way to slow. I've never had her survive until my next turn to actually use her.
- Fountain Watch - I prefer Sterling Grove since I can sac it if I need to stick some auras on an enchantment creature.
- Ashes of the Abhorrent - not really relevant in my meta.
- Vanishing - I absolutely love this card and may end up putting it back in. But flickering ward has been doing way more work for me, and there's been a number of times where leaving up is a pain.
- Paradoxical Outcome - with so many draw engines already the card draw was irrelevant, and I've never actually been in a situation where I was able to use it to save some permanents. Also I have ways to get them back from the graveyard.
- Wilderness Reclamation - I added it when Sigarda's Aid was still in there, but I don't think either really add anything.
- Authority of the Consuls - I've found it to be very minimal benefit
- Dawn's Reflection - While a great EDH ramp card, I already have the exact same function in Market Festival , and it felt like I have enough ramp without it.
- Soul Snare - I kinda liked the idea of the threat on the battlefield for a similar effect to Ghostly Prison , but I think it's just too weak of a card.
- Yavimaya Enchantress - I cut this long ago and I'm not entirely sure why... but she's back in now.
- Enchanted Evening - Haven't had a chance to cast it yet, but I can see this doing some outrageous things here. Makes any permanent, including lands: trigger card draw from enchantresses, buf Yavimaya Enchantress / Ancestral Mask / Tuvasa the Sunlit . It also makes everything protected by Privileged Position .
- Mystic Remora - not gonna lie, I mainly added it because I love the art. But I think it can be a pretty powerful card here depending on the matchup. And the cumulative upkeep is essentially free in EDH.
- Privileged Position - I had this in here already at one point but cut it because of the high CMC. But I think I've got enough ramp at this point to make it well worth having.
- Blind Obedience - Not sure if this is a keeper yet, but there is a Breya combo deck in my local meta.
- Mirari's Wake - Ramp! This card is insane, not sure why I didn't have it in here from the start.
- Omniscience - Not sure if it's a keeper because of the super high CMC, but it does seem like pretty much a game ender as long as there's a card draw engine on the battlefield.
- Earthcraft + Squirrel Nest - I just couldn't help myself, I want infinite squirrels! Earthcraft is also relevant on it's own with all the land enchantments. I may end up cutting Squirrel Nest , as I'm not sure I like infinite combos in EDH, but that's not happening until I have a chance to use!