Front:Ulvenwald Captive Flip
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eldritch Moon (EMN)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Eldrazi Werewolf
: Add to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Ulvenwald Abomination Discussion
1 year ago
Been a while since I've been on this thread! :)
My vote goes to Moonlight Hunt. Why? A 2 drop instant that adds the combined power of all your wolf/werewolves To deal damage to target creature. So you have 2 Kessig Prowler Flip on the field. That's 4 damage at instant speed for 2; on turn 3.
I could understand sideboard Prey Upon. I can see throwing down Ulvenwald Captive Flip on turn two and then the next turn casting Waxing Moon to flip Ulvenwald Abomination, drop Prey Upon to clear the board (only turn 3 to set this up) then tap Ulvenwald Abomination to attack. But, what are the chances you can set this up by turn 3? (Also next turn Larger Than Life = GG?)
What are your thoughts?
1 year ago
(1) Kessig Prowler Best one drop in wolve's tribal for standard.
(3) Geier Reach Bandit Flip The main card we want for turn three. With her flipped we can get a 4/6 Ulvenwald Abomination for 2 mana, or even potentially as a One Drop if we get Duskwatch Recruiter Flip to turn into Krallenhorde Howler Flip this combo won't likely happen till late game, but if the game drag's on long enough you should be able to sweep it up.
(as of now the deck is untested)
1 year ago
- extricator of sin / extricator of flesh
- Curious Homunculus / Voracious Reader
- Docent of Perfection / Final Iteration
- Voldaren Pariah / Abolisher of Bloodlines
- conduit of storms / conduit of emrakul
- Vildin-Pack Outcast / Dronepack Kindred
- Kessig Prowler / Sinuous Predator
- shrill howler / howling chorus
- tangleclaw werewolf / fibrous entangler
- Ulvenwald Captive / Ulvenwald Abomination
- Cryptolith Fragment / Aurora of Emrakul
idk how you want to do meld cards, but i listed them here as well:
- bruna, the fading light + gisela, the broken blade = brisela, voice of nightmares
- graf rats + midnight scavengers = chittering host
- hanweir garrison + hanweir battlements = hanweir, the writhing township
Not all of them have been added to the database.
1 year ago
Guys! Super pumped for Eldritch Moon. All of the new werewolf cards are going to give this deck a fighting chance at my local FNM. Everyone here plays G/W tokens =( and the meta could use some shaking up!
Any thoughts on Waxing Moon? I am assuming if your target is Zada, Hedron Grinder, her trigger will copy this instant to all werewolves that are able to flip. And of course, your triggers will give you a bunch of 2/2 wolf tokens when Silverfur Partisan is out as well.
But besides all that, just imagine turn one Kessig Prowler, turn two moon and then flip into Sinuous Predator 4/4 body is not that bad. Same can be said about Ulvenwald Captive turn 3 or 4 moon into Ulvenwald Abomination for mana shenanigans or just a 4/6 body.
Spirit of the Hunt is going to be amazing for evasion and potential blowouts.
And let us not forget Ulrich of the Krallenhorde. Sure he is expensive but casting him and transforming him gives you two instances of +4/+4 and he acts as removal.
Thoughts on any of these comments? Did I miss anything interesting?