|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Promo Set (000)||None|
Combos Browse all
Burning Sun's Avatar
Creature — Dinosaur Avatar
When Burning Sun's Avatar enters the battlefield, it deals 3 damage to target opponent and 3 damage to up to one target creature.
|Have (16)||CAPTAINxCOOKIES , GoldGhost012 , metlguy , cklise , karnwithpants , a_murpheus , Forkbeard , , the.beanpole , duff87 , TThors , mziter501 , itheoryz , Kleptozaniac , ShishkyBob , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
|Want (20)||meren13 , pphhaazzee , oryandaw , Ariumlegion , Gypsyhatten , Cartridge , TheFlaccidGoomba , Talonisnthavingit , dmage105 , Loading_Error , kovellen , blaze333 , Mudman , kungfurabbi , CK500 , Yoric_The_Skull , Waldeaux , afumblez , Andrirox , regnek|
Burning Sun's Avatar Discussion
3 weeks ago
- Cut 2 or 3 lands. You run 10 ramp without counting doublers. Or cut like 2 lands and 2 ramp.
- Courser of Kruphix Not a dino, just play ramp
- Oracle of Mul Daya Not a dino, just play ramp
- Reclamation Sage Not a dino, dino does it better
- Sakura-Tribe Elder Not a dino, replace with ramp, dino ramp
- Sky Terror Too vanilla, replace with ramp or dino ramp
- Scroll Rack You did this in Narset, wasn't tht great
- Eerie Interlude Not enough ETBs to count, if this is to dodge wraths boros charm and heroic intervention are better.
- Cacophodon I'm not seeing where you are going to benefit from untapping a single target
- Path of Mettle Flip
- Sylvan Library it's a great card, but I think you are trying to just ramp and get your value off your commander.
- Mana Geyser To me this is best in mono red or in something with X spells.
- Wayward Swordtooth Not that great in EDH
- Raging Regisaur it's in here for ping i think, you didn't seem to keen on it.
- Privileged Position
- Asceticism this and priv pos are both for protecting, with your 90 haste enablers I'm not sure i'd worry about protecting.
- Neheb, the Eternal If this is here to go infinite/near infinite with Aggravated Assault run the whole busted mana package that goes infinite with it (or at least more than just 1) Sword of Feast and Famine , Druids' Repository , Bear Umbra , Grand Warlord Radha , Savage Ventmaw
- Whispersilk Cloak Only having one of this effect seems odd
- Signets - I like the new lockets better. More mana but later on you can sac them to draw cards. Up to you
- Atzocan Seer idk, feel like i'd rather just kodama's reach. HIs second ability could be relevant.
You're missing a bunch of the best dinosaur cards in my opinion
- Commune with Dinosaurs Early gets a land, late gets a dino. Always replaces itself.
- Thundering Spineback Only a 5/5 but is an anthem and makes more dinos
- Carnage Tyrant Literally the best dinosaur ever printed, has all of the keywords you'd ever want on it but haste
- Burning Sun's Avatar Bolts something, bolts someone, and is costed correctly
- Rampaging Ferocidon So good it's banned in standard, shuts down other creature based decks. Can hurt you but likely you are winning if this is hurting.
- Verdant Sun's Avatar If you wanna flip your deck, why not gain all the life at the same time
- Runic Armasaur It's a dino, it's prison, it's got better stats than it's mana
- Overgrown Armasaur Reclamation sage-esque but on a dino
- Kindred Summons 7 mana, basically same as your creatures, and can double your creature count at EOT....
- Overwhelming Stampede Your average power is like 10 in this deck, +10/+10 and trample on everything ends games.
- Naya Charm First mode is meh, second mode can be good, third mode allows you to take out someone
- Charging Monstrosaur haste and trample and on curve
- Bellowing Aegisaur This thing gets huge fast, but doesn't have trample
- Iroas, God of Victory Not a dino, but is combat relevant, makes it easier for your dinos to get through and win
That gets you no where near where you need to be. To me you have too many enchantments might look there more.
2 months ago
OberstHati- My deck doesn't function without Gilded Lotus. My deck is incapable of reaching critical mass without drawing them somewhat consistently. As for Burning Sun's Avatar I'm always super happy to play it, sometimes killing a creature and a planeswalker. I love Expansion / Explosion but it doesn't work in my deck. The only card I can Expansion is Lava Coil and for card draw I'd much rather play Overflowing Insight over explosion since i can cheap it out with Omnispell Adept. I have the same problem with Niv-Mizzet, Parun that I have with Expansion / Explosion, I can't get any value out of it. My deck doesn't have a critical mass of instant and sorcery spells to make Niv-Mizzet worth playing. Also it's very hard to play in my deck since I bring in Field of Ruin against control and Powerstone Shard only produces colorless mana. Thanks for the suggestions though.
3 months ago
4 months ago
You can try it. But Burning Sun's Avatar being six mana, no haste, and easily chump blockable, I think makes it just too slow. thanks for the suggestion though
4 months ago
5 months ago
Here is on for you to put in the side board Burning Sun's Avatar
5 months ago
- +Burning Sun's Avatar
- +Bellowing Aegisaur
- +Forerunner of the Empire
- +Needletooth Raptor
- +Priest of the Wakening Sun
- +Raging Regisaur
- +Runic Armasaur
- +Territorial Allosaurus
- +Thrashing Brontodon
- +Wayward Swordtooth
- +Elemental Bond
- +Kindred Boon
- +Warstorm Surge
- +Beast Within
- +Swords to Plowshares
- +Blasphemous Act
- +Explosive Vegetation
- +Titanic Ultimatum
- +Bow of Nylea
- +Staff of Nin
- +Sheltered Thicket
- +Kessig Wolf Run
- +Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion
- +Temple of Plenty
- +Clifftop Retreat
5 months ago
Hey, if you're wanting to play this at local tournaments then consider getting some dual lands for the manabase? Rootbound Crag and Timber Gorge are lands that make one of either red or green mana. Evolving Wilds can fetch one of either a Mountain or Forest. Deathspitter is not a good three drop Dino, it just doesn't do enough. Consider Thrashing Brontodon or Runic Armasaur or Deathgorge Scavenger? Depending on your budget Carnage Tyrant is one of the best Dinos much better than Burning Sun's Avatar.
You're getting back into Standard at a good time because Standard will completely change in a month. Fall Standard rotation happens Oct. 5, the same day new set Guilds of Ravnica is released. At this time all cards from past sets of Kaladesh and Amonkhet will not be legal to play in Standard. Dinos however are fine since they are in Ixalan sets and those sets are legal in Standard until Oct 2019. Cards in Dominaria and Core Set 2019 (M19) are also legal to play until Oct 2019. At rotation Standard will consist of sets in Ixalan, Dominaria, M19 and Guilds of Ravnica. What's in Standard is helpful.
Before playing this at a local tournament you'll want a 15 card sideboard. The sideboard is the place you put situational cards that can help you in certain matchups. The three types of matchups to build a sideboard for are aggro, midrange and control. In very simplified terms for aggro you want more cheap early game creature removal (Shock), more high toughness three drop Dinos (Thrashing Brontodon, Runic Armasaur) and lifegain Deathgorge Scavenger. For midrange cards that can give your creatures an advantage against your opponents creatures (Aggressive Mammoth, Rabid Bite, Act of Treason) and card advantage/draw (Vivien Reid). For control draw/resiliency/enchantment removal (Carnage Tyrant, Vivien Reid, Naturalize).
Good luck with your deck.
Burning Sun's Avatar occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0,02%
RGW (Naya): 0,62%