Forerunner of the Empire
Creature — Human Soldier
When Forerunner of the Empire enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a Dinosaur card, reveal it, then shuffle your library and put that card on top of it.
Whenever a Dinosaur enters the battlefield under your control, you may have Forerunner of the Empire deal 1 damage to each creature.
Printings View all
|Rivals of Ixalan (RIX)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Forerunner of the Empire occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Forerunner of the Empire Discussion
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
Thoughts on Forerunner of the Empire? I've liked using it as basically a tutor to get the exact dino I wanted when I needed it, plus bonus enrage triggers and wiping out small creatures on the opponents side if it hangs around. It doesn't seem like it gets much use so I'm wondering what I am missing.
1 month ago
Also, for the infinite untap combos, some of them only work if you have infinite mana, does that still count?
1 month ago
One good interaction with Atla's ability are tutors that put creatures on the top of your library. If your budget allows it, I'd suggest Brutalizer Exarch , Conduit of Ruin , Sylvan Tutor , Worldly Tutor , Congregation at Dawn , Forerunner of the Empire (in case you run dinos), Mwonvuli Beast Tracker (situational). Pick and choose the ones that fit your deck better, if any.
2 months ago
Deck Update 12/11:
- -2X Mountain
- - Plains
- - Karametra, God of Harvests
- - Forerunner of the Empire
- - Thornscape Familiar
- - Archangel of Thune
- - The Immortal Sun
- - Aurelia, the Warleader
- + Sanctum of Eternity
- + Castle Garenbrig
- + Rhythm of the Wild
- + Wilderness Reclamation
- + Marauding Raptor
- + Knight of the Stampede
- + Shifting Ceratops
- + Urza's Incubator
- + Atla Palani, Nest Tender
I reduced the mana count by 1. But in return added a little more cost reduction and do not see too much of an impact from this particular change. Removed Karametra, God of Harvests , Archangel of Thune , and Aurelia, the Warleader due to them being a bit pricey and slow. Added Wilderness Reclamation , Shifting Ceratops and Atla Palani, Nest Tender in their place. As these cards are faster and synergise a bit better with the deck. Forerunner of the Empire was replaced by Marauding Raptor as it fits into the tribal portion of the deck better and has again more synergy. The Immortal Sun was dropped due to being to pricey and slow as well. Replaced by Urza's Incubator , a cheaper cost reduction. Thornscape Familiar replaced by Knight of the Stampede . This is due to Knight being a bit better of a cost reducer. Rhythm of the Wild added due to being a better weapon against control and has the option to make the dino's bigger or have haste.
2 months ago
5 months ago
Forerunner is fun, though his damage is an optional trigger, when multiple Polyraptors enter due to previous multiple raptors triggering, you can have only 1 of these activate Forerunner’s trigger (though yes, I’m aware he can still only trigger 3 times before death).
He’s primarily there currently as a means of tutoring for a dinosaur card (usually one of the 2 Raptors though also useful if I need a dino for a different purpose).
5 months ago
It does not. Unless you have a way to give Forerunner indestructible, it dies on the third trigger. It creates you 11 of them. Here is what happens.
Yes. MTG Arena is WRONG. I know there is a video on YouTube of the combo going off as infinite. IT IS WRONG. Forerunner deals damage to herself. That's an error in the programming code.
- Forerunner of the Empire is on the battlefield
- Polyraptor original enters the battlefield
- Forerunner deals 1 damage to EACH creature - including herself
- Polyraptor (Original) is dealt 1 damage
- One token (A) is created
- Forerunner deals 1 damage to EACH creature, again
- (Original) and (A) are each dealt 1 damage
- (Original) and (A) create one token each; (B) and (C)
- Two creatures entered, Forerunner deals 1 damage for each to EACH creature
- Forerunner has now been dealt 4 damage, and she has a toughness of 3
- Forerunner DIES
- (Original) is dealt 2 damage
- (A) is dealt 2 damage
- (B) is dealt 2 damage
- (C) is dealt 2 damage
- (Original) creates 2x tokens; (D) and (E)
- (A) creates 2x tokens; (F) and (G)
- (B) creates 2x tokens; (H) and (I)
- (C) creates 2x tokens; (J) and (K)
You are now left with the following;
- 1x Polyraptor who has 4 damage marked on it
- (A) who has 3 damage marked on it
- (B) who has 2 damage marked on it
- (C) who has 2 damage marked on it
- (D), (E), (F), (G), (H), (I), (J) & (K) who have no damage marked on them
End the turn and you have 1x Polyraptor and 11x tokens.