Kazandu Refuge enters the battlefield tapped.
When Kazandu Refuge enters the battlefield, you gain 1 life.
: Gain or .
|Want (2)||flamekiller , jgtanq|
Printings View all
|Commander 2019 (C19)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Uncommon|
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||None|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Heroes vs. Monsters (DDL)||Uncommon|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Ajani vs. Nicol Bolas (DDH)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Kazandu Refuge occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
Kazandu Refuge Discussion
2 months ago
Take a 2nd look at your land base. You run expensive fetches like Scalding Tarn but also super budget lands like Kazandu Refuge or Temple of Abandon . I'd just replace those two with basics and also cut the Evolving Wilds . For a 2 color deck you shouldn't need that much fixing and you run plenty.
enpc on Naya lands
4 months ago
Sorin_Markov_1947: What format are you building for? If it's for a 60 card deck, it gets a lot easier because you can include 4 copies of of Jungle Shrine , Kazandu Refuge , Graypelt Refuge and some Terramorphic Expanse s/ Evolving Wilds with some basics.
If you're talking commander however it gets trickier as you can only have one copy of each and have to dig deeper in the list.
5 months ago
You have an lot of lands that are coming into play tapped. I agree you should fit some more basic lands in to take advantage of your green ramp spells. Also, if you're going to use a ramp card like Circuitous Route , more of the tapped lands you play should be guildgates.
You have what looks like a full cycle of bounce lands Simic Growth Chamber , etc. and lifelands Kazandu Refuge , etc. For budgetary reasons my suggestion will be to replace the lifelands with the guildgates and then keep the allied colors in one cycle and opposing colors in the other, add Command Tower and Exotic Orchard 4 Forest , 2 Island , 1 Swamp and 1 Plains as you'll want green mana before anything else to ramp with.
Obviously if you want to really improve the mana base you should invest in shocklands but that gets pricey quick though recently I've been able to pick up some 'slightly played' copies for $5 so maybe with some shopping around you can get them on the cheap.
7 months ago
OK, let us see…
Land creature ratio:
- Try 22 Lands instead of 20 (trust me on this).
- 25 – 26 creatures are just fine.
- 12 – 13 spells.
- Replace Cinder Glade or Rootbound Crag with Game Trail (Since you are on a budget).
- 1x Kessig Wolf Run .
- Add 1x Forest or another Cinder Glade , Rootbound Crag , Game Trail or Kazandu Refuge .
- Daybreak Ranger Flip good card, but usually better as sideboard, whenever you face tons of flyers or when in need for extra removal. I would replace the whole set with Duskwatch Recruiter Flip, faster, cheaper (in both mana and dollars) and helps a lot to keep your hand and board full of wolves. Another budget replacement, could be Gatstaf Shepherd Flip, same cmc, goes for like 20 cents the copy and has intimidate.
- Geier Reach Bandit Flip another pretty good card, but I would just main 2 copies, more than that is usually not great, and this opens space to great finishers like Kruin Outlaw Flip.
- You have a ton of “Lord Effects”, so Reckless Waif Flip might be a good addition, since she has better body than Village Messenger Flip. Maybe tun a mix of both? Also could replace some Bandits to make the deck more aggro.
- Now about Silverfur Partisan . Most people think that you need a bunch of instants to cast on it yourself to justify its inclusion. WRONG! Even though that is a way to make it work, and even thought there a couple of cool combos with Zada, Hedron Grinder , it is not its main role. While in play, the partisan gives you a wolf for EVERY TARGETED WOLF OR WEREWOLF, which means that for every removal spell they cast on your creatures, you get a free replacement, which is great against some heavy removal decks. Remember that Werewolves have 3 main weak points, fliers, removal and mass removal. A great side board card.
- Magma Jet is not good here. I get the scry thing and all, but damage is more important for wolves. The obvious is Lightning Bolt , but usually with the money of just one copy, you can get 4x Lightning Strike or Incinerate or even something like Arc Trail (not recommended).
- Rabid Bite this is a terrible, ugly, and horrible card. Never ever use it! Try Pounce instead.
Hope this helps! Be kind and have fun.
8 months ago
9 months ago
I would take Wilderness Reclamation out because it readies mana for your opponents' turns. You're rarely going to be playing instants, so most of the time it will be a dead draw.
10 months ago
Gonna try my last comment again since I don't think deleting them is possible.