|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Born of the Gods (BNG)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Archetype of Aggression
Enchantment Creature — Human Warrior
Creatures you control have trample.
Creatures your opponents control lose trample and can't have or gain trample.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (10)||Kimimaro , frederiklw , thekingpinBR , ironax , CAPTAINxCOOKIES , nakni , MattN7498 , webdokkeren , bakeraj4 , FALLEN-X-ANGEL|
|Want (21)||Dragonsound , linejumpr , tazartheyoot , PhotogenicParasympathetic , AntiheroFOREVER , mremolh , vynnr , CryAll , Talonisnthavingit , Hitorial , link2213 , docbrown , croatianboiii , Liquid_Vamp , Kaylock , king0fclubs , skimask38 , fast313 , frostotron , trolley , LordTsukune|
Archetype of Aggression Discussion
1 week ago
Archetype of Aggression seems a bit meh when everything else already has trample, or am i missing something?
2 weeks ago
Granite Grip, Could go Archetype of Aggression all your creatures gain trample you opponent loses trample, Whispersilk Cloak gives you shroud and unblockable. Rage Reflection gives just you double strike instead of you and your enemy getting double strike. Then you could go something like Magmatic Force;Bearer of the Heavens or Excruciator over Avatar of Slaughter
2 weeks ago
Armed // Dangerous another CMC2 Double Strike, $0.21. Downside is it's Sorcery.
Archetype of Aggression, gives all your creatures Trample, $0.39. 6 ground + 4 flying (partial evasion) don't have trample, thats 1/2 your available hitters, including 1 infect.
Gruul Signet, CMC2 Rock, $0.30.
Farseek, CMC2 Ramp!!, $0.27.
Flameblast Dragon won't get his doubled. Timing is off.
Slagstorm scary because it wipes out the dorks, but I understand the thinking, with Cats/Snakes/Vampires.
Arbor Elf, CMC1 Dork, $0.26.
Beastcaller Savant, CMC2, But he has Haste, $0.40 though.
Heart Warden, annoying at CMC2, but can draw a card if late in the game if he's a dead draw, $0.20. Modular is sometimes nice, especially in longer games.
Explore might work pretty well with 40 lands, and it draws a card, so maintains your card-advantage and ramp advantage. I also feel you have quite a bit (too many) lands with all the additional ramp/dorks you have? Might try 38 instead.
Thunderfoot Baloth $1.69, but has trample, with Xenagos is 14 Trample, and gives all other creatures Trample. The best of the Trample enablers mentioned for sure.
Artisan of Kozilek he is 10/9 (20/19 with Xenagos), Returns a creature from your graveyard to the battlefield (not hand), and has Annihilator 2 (Opponent sacrifices 2 permanents, with haste from Xenagos) for $0.43. I have lots of this guy, I'll bring you one.
Maybe with some shuffling of mana sources you can free up cash for Malignus, but he's quite expensive. Tough for budget.
Phyrexian Hydra another Infect guy. Makes it easier to kill 3 players.
Khenra Charioteer more trample, hes a 3/3 so he's not shabby for CMC3. Probably don't need that much anyway.
Talisman of Impulse best non- non- mana source available for $0.33.
Explosive Vegetation is good, but $0.92 and CMC4, I'm not sure. Might look for another lower CMC one to ramp a little faster for that $. Go a bit faster.
I haven't seen this one work yet, See the Unwritten and at $0.82, I'd probably just draw another creature like a Artisan of Kozilek. If you get lucky and the stars align, maybe you get 2, but one might be an Elf. I'd rather just draw another key creature, instead of the randomness. If it was CMC5 or CMC4 and casting a CMC8 maybe, but it's CMC6 probably casting a CMC6 or lower (based on probability, I can calculate it when I have some more time)
Living Hive is in Main and Maybeboard.
I only like Momentous Fall (too expensive $), Deus of Calamity (enables Xenagos), Kavu Predator could be interesting in our Pod (vs cats/vamps anyway). Malignus if you can budget him in. Steel Hellkite good utility again CMC0 Snakes/Vampires for example. Thunderfoot Baloth.
Don't like anything else there.
I think, less lands -2 perhaps, cheaper ramp (and maybe 1 more), 1 more creature (infect guy preferably), reallocate some cash to make sure each creature is a finisher, like Avatar of Fury is kind of blah, if you can cast for 2 he's ok, but what you doing with the other mana that turn anyway, would rather pay the 6 for a finisher. Siege Dragon feels a little underpowered too, but can board wipe (cats/vamps/snakes), would rather use Steel Hellkite instead, better control, lower CMC.
Living Hive feels small for CMC8! Wtf, not sure what your doing with the 1/1 insects, that don't even fly.
That's about all I have for now +1.
3 months ago
I agree with not loving the triple green for Jedit Ojanen of Efrava. Personally, I’d replace him with Archetype of Aggression (more trample on a 3/2 body with some maybe relevant text) or Arashin Foremost (decent body that makes your best warrior better)
3 months ago
colored golem? hmmm ....
Kubahara, Prismatic Beacon
Legendary Creature - Golem
Spells that target Golems you control target Kubahara, Prismatic Beacon instead.
: Until end of turn Kubahara, Prismatic Beacon gains protection from each color of mana spent to activate this ability.
3 months ago
Also Archetype of Aggression and check out the new edition "battlebond" is full of warriors
4 months ago
All right, finally got the chance to take a proper look at this. Let's start with additions:
- Spelljack. Mentioned this on Reddit, but I love this card.
- Cultivate. EDH staple, should be in 95% of green decks. Nothing more to say.
- Eternal Witness. Same as above.
- Sunbird's Invocation. This card leads to insane value swings. It's fantastic.
- Beast Within. Flexible, instant-speed removal in colors that usually lack it.
- Chaos Warp. Same as above.
- Etali, Primal Storm. This card is balanced by not having haste. Wanderer changes that.
- Pathbreaker Ibex. I have one-shotted several opponents with this, Xenagos, God of Revels, and Wanderer. Do not underestimate.
- Xenagos, God of Revels. 14/12 trample haste Wanderer is insane.
- Skyshroud Claim. One of my personal favorite ramp spells. Also fetches shocklands and battlelands (like Cinder Glade).
- Avenger of Zendikar. Wins games by itself.
- Simic Signet, Izzet Signet, and Gruul Signet. Some of the best ramp in EDH in a deck that really wants ramp. Slam dunk.
- Mystical Tutor. Sets up Wanderer really well.
- Temporal Mastery. Bonkers with Wanderer and tutoring it to top of library.
- Mind's Dilation. This card gives tons of value if not immediately dealt with.
All right, on to cuts:
- Archetype of Aggression. 3 mana 3/2s aren't great, and most of your stuff has trample anyways. Nice with Wanderer, but hurts to cascade into.
- Coiling Oracle. Not a bad card by any means, but I really don't want to cascade into this.
- Elvish Lyrist. Way too slow. Run Unravel the Aether if you really need this effect.
- Jori En, Ruin Diver. I like my card draw spells to be a little flashier than this in Wanderer.
- Siren Stormtamer. I mentioned this on Reddit, but 1 mana 1/1s are really not where you want to be in Wanderer, and I don't think this does what you want it to anyways.
- Verdant Sun's Avatar. Lifegain is nice, but there are better things to do with 7 mana.
- Displace. I'm not seeing a ton of ETB effects to abuse here.
- High Tide. Not great in a 3-color non-combo deck.
- Steam Augury. Strictly worse Fact or Fiction. Meh.
- Unsummon. Not nearly good enough for EDH play. Card disadvantage and allowing re-use of ETB effects seems bad.
- Panharmonicon. Still don't think you have enough ETB effects to abuse.
- Attune with Aether. Not actual ramp; not worth 1 mana.
- Invigorating Falls. I really don't like cards that do nothing but gain life.
I think that's all I can come up with at the moment. Feel free to look at my decklist (Wandering the Eternities) if you'd like other suggestions. Good luck with your deck! I think you'll find it's a ton of fun :)
4 months ago
". . . battlefield, it remains on the battlefield instead" would be the proper wording. You do not need to use either "Leaden Galoshes" or "Equipped Creature" twice in the same sentence. For the word order, see Abandoned Sarcophagus and its ilk.
"Equipped creature loses flying and can't have or gain flying" would be the proper wording. See Archetype of Aggression.