|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Born of the Gods (BNG)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Archetype of Aggression
Enchantment Creature — Human Warrior
Creatures you control have trample.
Creatures your opponents control lose trample and can't have or gain trample.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (8)||Kimimaro , frederiklw , thekingpinBR , ironax , CAPTAINxCOOKIES , nakni , bakeraj4 , MattN7498|
|Want (9)||Dragonsound , linejumpr , tazartheyoot , PhotogenicParasympathetic , mlouden03 , CryAll , Talonisnthavingit , croatianboiii , link2213|
Archetype of Aggression Discussion
2 weeks ago
I agree with not loving the triple green for Jedit Ojanen of Efrava. Personally, I’d replace him with Archetype of Aggression (more trample on a 3/2 body with some maybe relevant text) or Arashin Foremost (decent body that makes your best warrior better)
3 weeks ago
colored golem? hmmm ....
Kubahara, Prismatic Beacon
Legendary Creature - Golem
Spells that target Golems you control target Kubahara, Prismatic Beacon instead.
: Until end of turn Kubahara, Prismatic Beacon gains protection from each color of mana spent to activate this ability.
4 weeks ago
Also Archetype of Aggression and check out the new edition "battlebond" is full of warriors
1 month ago
All right, finally got the chance to take a proper look at this. Let's start with additions:
- Spelljack. Mentioned this on Reddit, but I love this card.
- Cultivate. EDH staple, should be in 95% of green decks. Nothing more to say.
- Eternal Witness. Same as above.
- Sunbird's Invocation. This card leads to insane value swings. It's fantastic.
- Beast Within. Flexible, instant-speed removal in colors that usually lack it.
- Chaos Warp. Same as above.
- Etali, Primal Storm. This card is balanced by not having haste. Wanderer changes that.
- Pathbreaker Ibex. I have one-shotted several opponents with this, Xenagos, God of Revels, and Wanderer. Do not underestimate.
- Xenagos, God of Revels. 14/12 trample haste Wanderer is insane.
- Skyshroud Claim. One of my personal favorite ramp spells. Also fetches shocklands and battlelands (like Cinder Glade).
- Avenger of Zendikar. Wins games by itself.
- Simic Signet, Izzet Signet, and Gruul Signet. Some of the best ramp in EDH in a deck that really wants ramp. Slam dunk.
- Mystical Tutor. Sets up Wanderer really well.
- Temporal Mastery. Bonkers with Wanderer and tutoring it to top of library.
- Mind's Dilation. This card gives tons of value if not immediately dealt with.
All right, on to cuts:
- Archetype of Aggression. 3 mana 3/2s aren't great, and most of your stuff has trample anyways. Nice with Wanderer, but hurts to cascade into.
- Coiling Oracle. Not a bad card by any means, but I really don't want to cascade into this.
- Elvish Lyrist. Way too slow. Run Unravel the Aether if you really need this effect.
- Jori En, Ruin Diver. I like my card draw spells to be a little flashier than this in Wanderer.
- Siren Stormtamer. I mentioned this on Reddit, but 1 mana 1/1s are really not where you want to be in Wanderer, and I don't think this does what you want it to anyways.
- Verdant Sun's Avatar. Lifegain is nice, but there are better things to do with 7 mana.
- Displace. I'm not seeing a ton of ETB effects to abuse here.
- High Tide. Not great in a 3-color non-combo deck.
- Steam Augury. Strictly worse Fact or Fiction. Meh.
- Unsummon. Not nearly good enough for EDH play. Card disadvantage and allowing re-use of ETB effects seems bad.
- Panharmonicon. Still don't think you have enough ETB effects to abuse.
- Attune with Aether. Not actual ramp; not worth 1 mana.
- Invigorating Falls. I really don't like cards that do nothing but gain life.
I think that's all I can come up with at the moment. Feel free to look at my decklist (Wandering the Eternities) if you'd like other suggestions. Good luck with your deck! I think you'll find it's a ton of fun :)
1 month ago
". . . battlefield, it remains on the battlefield instead" would be the proper wording. You do not need to use either "Leaden Galoshes" or "Equipped Creature" twice in the same sentence. For the word order, see Abandoned Sarcophagus and its ilk.
"Equipped creature loses flying and can't have or gain flying" would be the proper wording. See Archetype of Aggression.
2 months ago
I don't have a format in mind as me and my friends just play for fun. If I have to tweak it for formats I can do that on my own time. I just need help tweaking this deck, as I believe 80 cards to be alot even with great mana ramps, I will be going up against Merfolk with unblockable and buffs, and vampires with lifedrain, life link and deathtouch, with some flying
Suggestions and opinions welcome. Thank you
1x Devil's Play
1x Gilded Lotus
1x Sulfur Falls
2 months ago
2 months ago
Kessig Wolf Run is fun and I'd also recommend a Sol Ring, Command Tower, and Temple of the False God. You also don't have any board wipes and not very many ways to deal with problematic enchantments and artifacts. World Breaker could help with this and also can be recurred. Archetype of Endurance and Archetype of Aggression protect and buff your big creatures. And Lurking Predators is another way to play the big things for free.