Creature — Elf Shaman
Tap four untapped creatures you control: Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
Printings View all
|Ravnica: City of Guilds (RAV)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Nullmage Shepherd occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Nullmage Shepherd Discussion
4 months ago
rwking082 Thanks for the feedback! I've done everything I can to minimize cards that don't either directly or indirectly help me cast hogaak. That way I can cast him early more consistently. However, I fully agree that removal is also important. I've been considering adding Nullmage Shepherd to make another use for all the tokens I generate while also acting a convoker if I need it to. Beast Within is also just a great catch-all card. If I really needed a convoker, I could even use it on one of my own lands to get a beast. Preferably on Dakmor Salvage or Drownyard Temple
I'll take this advice into consideration
4 months ago
Neat list! You might like these: Well of Lost Dreams (lets you draw tons of cards from your general's lifegain ability), Mimic Vat (if you populate the token, you keep the populated copy!), Doomed Artisan , Phyrexian Processor , Nullmage Shepherd
5 months ago
We gave your request a lot of thought. Our main objective was to keep the spirit of the deck the same. So we decided to try and find replacements for the more expensive cards while keeping the original thought of the replaced cards alive. Naturally this would mean we would end up with cards that are either slightly less effective at what the expensive cards do, or they have a higher CMC, or both.
Almost all replacements we have chosen cost below 1 dollar. Some of the replaced cards are cards we do not own, so we decided not to post a new deck as we only do so when we own all the cards in it. So, here is a list of the replacements we would make in order to turn this into a less expensive deck:
- Forest for all the non-basic lands
- Hermit of the Natterknolls Flip for Beast Whisperer
- Ivy Lane Denizen for Bloodspore Thrinax
- End-Raze Forerunners for Craterhoof Behemoth
- Wirewood Channeler for Elvish Archdruid
- Skullwinder for Eternal Witness
- Rushwood Herbalist for Ezuri, Renegade Leader
- Evolutionary Leap for Fauna Shaman
- Elfhame Druid for Fyndhorn Elves
- Deadly Recluse for Hornet Queen
- Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen for Joraga Warcaller
- Ant Queen for Mycoloth
- Nullmage Advocate for Nullmage Shepherd
- Centaur Rootcaster for Oracle of Mul Daya
- Thunderfoot Baloth for Pathbreaker Ibex
- Mul Daya Channelers for Priest of Titania
- Initiate's Companion for Quirion Ranger
- Runic Armasaur for Regal Force
- Yavimaya Elder for Sakura-Tribe Elder
- Llanowar Scout for Sakura-Tribe Scout
- Deathgorge Scavenger for Scavenging Ooze
- Fyndhorn Brownie for Scryb Ranger
- Rampaging Baloths for Seedborn Muse (we know, not quite the same functions)
- Archetype of Endurance for Asceticism
- Overrun for Beastmaster Ascension
- Abundance for Burgeoning / Exploration
- Beast Within for Song of the Dryads
- Nature's Claim for Krosan Grip
- Vitalize for Benefactor's Draught
- Shared Summons for Green Sun's Zenith / Genesis Wave
- Mask of Avacyn for Lightning Greaves / Swiftfoot Boots
- Sol Ring for Worn Powerstone
We were not able to find suitable replacements (i.e.: cards that would do the same thing but be slightly less effective at it) for the following cards:
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger
- Concordant Crossroads
- Mirri's Guile
- Quest for Renewal
- Heroic Intervention
- Worldly Tutor
- Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Sensei's Divining Top
- Umbral Mantle
So if you have any suggestions for these, please let us know. For now, we hope we helped you a bit to make a cheaper version of our deck. Have fun brewing it!
Mrs. and Mr. NV_1980
6 months ago
7 months ago
Hey, thanks a lot for your suggestions! There might be couple I'd like to use. As for the others, I've listed my thoughts below:
- I am already using Parallel Lives , and I'm not sure my deck relies enough on tokens to justify running both that and Anointed Procession , especially since it doesn't work with Tolsimir (aside from giving me the extra 3 life). If I feel I need to extra token generation, I might consider throwing in a procession.
- Bower Passage , I don't really like. I dislike cards that straight up turn my creatures unblockable for the right opponent (and may do nothing for others). Dense Canopy I like more, since it affects the whole table, and might therefor work better as a diplomatic tool. Same goes for Gravity Well . The problem remains though that they're dead cards if I'm playing against someone without flyers out. For a first draft I'd rather rely on the removal granted by the fighting ability and see if I still have enough trouble with flyers to justify one of them.
- Coat of Arms I don't like much as a card, and it goes against the theme. The last goes for Generous Gift as well, I think Beast Within fits the theme much better.
- I might add Skyshroud Claim if I feel I need more ramp. Nature's Lore I just just don't like in EDH. It has too little impact to be worth a card slot for me.
- I had been looking at my lack of recursion, and considering something like Praetor's Counsel to address it, but I felt it went too much against the theme. Seasons Past is a much better alternative. I'll consider adding it.
- Lastly, I'm going to straight up disagree with you that Aura Shards is in any way better than Sylvan Reclamation . Not only does it exile the targets (which helps against indestructible targets like Gods or Darksteel Forge , against which Aura shards is useless), but it's instant speed whereas I need to pre-emptively cast Aura Shards to be able to respond to artifacts or enchantments coming out, giving my opponents a chance to deal with it before they play their big targets (or get a free turn with them if I hold the Shards back). On top of that, I can basic landcycle the reclamation if I ever find myself in dire need of land. I had considered Aura Shards instead of Nullmage Shepherd , as they are much more comparable, but ended up opting for the shepherd since it allows me to more easily destroy targets on instant speed (since I just need untapped creatures rather than a way to pump out creatures on instant speed to trigger it).
I couldn't help but notice you had a list of your own. I'll take a look at it later and let you know my thoughts on that.
9 months ago
I also like that you have chosen to include Mouth of Ronom and 1x Snow-Covered Forest , I like my full art lands so haven't been wanting to switch them for Snow-Covered ones, but just one copy would be interesting.
If you are interested in checking out my list, here it is: Titania, Nature's Avenger. +1 from me.
9 months ago
Cards that have been replaced - Fungal Sprouting for Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip; Heartstone for Thelon of Havenwood ; Sporesower Thallid for Retreat to Kazandu ; Thallid Shell-Dweller for Hardened Scales ; Caustic Caterpillar for Nissa, Voice of Zendikar ; Nullmage Shepherd for Palace Siege , Thallid for Beastmaster Ascension ; Fecundity for FinD; Thallid Germinator for Rampaging Baloths ; Savage Thallid for Hydra Broodmaster ; Warped Landscape for
card suggest: Bloodchief Ascension
9 months ago
Cards to replace: Fungal Sprouting Evolving Wilds hearthstone Thallid Shell-Dweller Sporesower Thallid Nullmage Shepherd Caustic Caterpillar Fungal Sprouting Thallid Fecundity Warped Landscape Fungal Sprouting Thallid Germinator Terminal Moraine Fungal Sprouting Jund Panorama Savage Thallid