|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Scars of Mirrodin||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Each opponent loses X life. You gain life equal to the life lost this way.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
1 day ago
TheWallinator74, the reason i've removed my Blood Tyrant from the box was exactly what you typed. He was growing too much on each game that i had him on the field and it started to get boring to my opponents. I'll take a look at Pulse Tracker and Infectious Horror.
I'll take a look on the "sweepers" as well but i'll replace Exsanguinate for Blood Tithe. I would love to put the God-Pharaoh in place of the Deciever but he's really expensive in my country at the moment so for now the Deciever shall be the walker card of this deck.
Lastly, this deck didn't have any mana problems in the matches i've played so i see no need to put other lands on it for now. Thanks a lot for the suggestions.
1 day ago
An excellent creature you don't have is Blood Tyrant. He can get massive so quickly in this format, and losing one life every turn shouldn't be a big deal to you. I'm also personally a fan of Guttersnipe and Infectious Horror, though Pulse Tracker and Mardu Shadowspear achieve a smaller version of that ability if you want cheaper bodies.
Two spells you might consider for the deck are Cyclonic Rift and Mizzium Mortars. Their versatility in being both spot removal and boardwipes can be invaluable depending on the current boardstate. Also, Exsanguinate. It's a potentially game-ending spell on its own, being able to bring you back from the brink or being the finishing touch on a curbstomp victory. You might also want to upgrade Bolas to his God-Pharaoh card. Deceiver's +3 is not as useful as you may think.
1 day ago
I'm working on a list for our glorious master, and Faith of the Devoted is like a more amusing Exsanguinate for me. What's even better is it takes the same enablers as Exsang to pop off, so its not like your missing anything really, just another way to turn it on, and it can sneak up on people and get past pesky blue decks without the use of our masters great tree. The Faith of those Devoted to the great Hypnotoad shall tear down all.
3 days ago
@elephantambush Hi there, just saw this list up on reddit (I think I've seen this list before?) and I'm quite interested in some of the card choices:
- I see you have the black rituals but why none of the red one? (I'm talking about Desperate Ritual, Rite of Flame etc) the deck seems to have enough red cards for these to be solid inclusions. Also why Inner Fire? I understand how you want to have a decent hand size via TSG, but you're only getting about 1-3 red mana so wouldn't the rituals be better?
- I'm not a fan of giving your opponents resources, but Mana Flare can backfire extremely hard (trust me, there's always someone who'll benefit more from this than you) I would replace it with Braid of Fire (bit slow so might not be the best choice tho) or with Caged Sun, or just another red ritual.
- TBH I think the first outlet should be replaced with Walking Ballista, I mean you've already got half the mike combo (NB: since ur at infinite TSG acts a sac outlet) in there, Exsanguinate and Walking Ballista can both be countered but rakdos has more ways to get back creatures from the graveyard than opposed to sorceries (red has some janky ones).
- for board clear Fire Covenant can do work here (life is just a resource) its acts as a one side clear or removal for threatening targets.
- Kozilek, Butcher of Truth > Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
- you'll definitely need more than just reanimation spell, just having Animate Dead isn't really enough (especially since there are bearly any tutors, and this deck relies too heavily on drawing into the combo) Dance of the Dead, and Necromancy should be included in case animate dead gets countered or exiled (trust me it more often happens when your opponents know you're going for worldgorger).
- This is list seems to require TSG on the field to function, so adding in protection (eg Imp's Mischief) for the commander would be a must.
- Faithless Looting and Cathartic Reunion?
Either way, I'll leave my list if you're interested in looking for some things to improve or add (it's more of a competitive list but includes many ways to protect TSG which I think your list lacks) Scorpion god combo (CEDH)
3 days ago
Thank you NV_1980, because you made me realize my deck is very weird on how it wants to win.
And then I realized that when I played with my deck, I never really won with it with tokens, I usually only used those for blockers. You know what did win me games though? Debt to the Deathless and Exsanguinate. So I started looking up combos for instant wins, and boy did I find a lot xD
4 days ago
Yeah I used to run Geralf's Messenger with the Retribution of the Ancients/Phyrexian Altar combo. The problem for me is with his cost and coming into play tapped he is kinda terrible in edh unless comboing out. I run Mikaeus, the Unhallowed instead but he isn't a huge part of the deck since I chose not to include the altars/Exsanguinate.
Feel free to link your list, it'd be cool to see what you're running!
4 days ago
CARDS I HAVE ORDERED
Wonder - Lightly Played
Splinterfright - Moderately Played
Hermit Druid - Lightly Played
Barren Moor - Near Mint
Worm Harvest - Lightly Played
Dakmor Salvage - Lightly Played
Stinkweed Imp - Moderately Played
Grapple with the Past - Near Mint
Nyx Weaver - Near Mint
Satyr Wayfinder - Lightly Played
Wild Mongrel - Lightly Played
Shambling Shell - Lightly Played
Realms Uncharted - Lightly Played
Exsanguinate - Near Mint
I decided to convert my The Gitrog Monster deck after I decided that it was fun, but not what I completely wanted. I liked the self land destruction, but what I WANTED above anything else was dredge. So I added blue and decided to pick Sidisi, Brood Tyrant
Anyone have any tips? I know I need to stay on one deck, but this one I know I will. 3 color opens up so many opportunities and it has what I want (cough dredge cough). And yes I know Hermit Druid is usually a NO in Sidisi, but I picked her for her first ability and colors more than her second ability. The zombies are more... icing on the cake if you would for the more reanimator/dredge theme I'm looking for.
5 days ago
Oh yeah three more things to consider. Twisted Abomination & Absorb Vis. Both allow you to get Swamps to your hand and double as a means of doing damage. Twisted Abomination( I know he is a creature but his main use is getting Swamps to your hand) is great when they are out of a hand and have no creatures + he has cheap regeneration and is pretty strong. Absorb vis is damage + life gain if need be and otherwise it's good for keeping the Swamps coming. Exsanguinate is a decent finisher and it doesn't target so player hexproof will not help against it. Again I hope I was of help or at the least provided some food for thought.