Create a 3/3 green Beast creature token for each creature put into your graveyard from the battlefield this turn.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Fresh Meat Discussion
2 months ago
I also built a Rhys deck (on a budget though) na na na na, hey hey, goodbye(overwhelming tokens) here's a little bit of what I have learned playing it
Biowaste Blob can get big fast with your token doubling
Dauntless Escort has saved me many a time from a board wipe
I also like using Glare of Subdual to tap down my opponent's creatures with my tokens
Citywide Bust can harm your opponents while leaving you practically untouched
Good Luck in your war
2 months ago
Thank you for the awesome suggestions griffstick. I really like Wolfcaller's Howl and Fresh Meat . Similarly, I have a copy of Caller of the Claw , but kept it on my maybe board since it only checks for non-token. Soul Foundry is cool too, kinda like a more proactive Mimic Vat .
I think I tend to avoid cards that rely too much on checking for greatest power on my board. In my play-testing, most of my creatures are usually 1-3 power, until I start getting into the 6cmc stuff like Avenger of Zendikar and the like.
2 months ago
Oh and Fresh Meat because there is nothing better than someone wiping the board and you coming out of it better than you were before
4 months ago
That's in the deck too. It works great with Fresh Meat . 10 mana to pull it off though. However March of Souls feeds into a token strategy better than Phyrexian Rebirth with the right set up it yields better results nearly every time. These results will vary based on the decks I'm up against and the situation the board state presents. But from my experience since both are in the deck. March of Souls has won me the game and Phyrexian Rebirth has not.
4 months ago
please read all before you comment
I put my selvala deck here on edhrec to see what my most unique cards are in it. And I found that March of Souls wasn't being used in most decks. It was the most unique card in my deck. But why? It's a token deck so March of Souls is perfect for it. I wipe the board clear of creatures and the problems that they come with, and replace mine with possibly better ones with March of Souls . The deck also uses board wipes to it's advantage. With cards like Fresh Meat , and other cards making March of Souls perfect. Futher more most token decks use token doublers. Or enhancers like Divine Visitation . So this makes March of Souls even better. If you guys think that's cool check out the deck here.
So what's some other older cards that maybe have been forgotten about. Ones in certain decks that need to see more play, in the right type of build. I want you guys to name some cards, and share your decks that you use them in, and explain why it's underused in these kinds of builds. And tell me why they are perfect. Or if its not perfect. Then tell me why they are good.
5 months ago
Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip, basically a creature tutor that turns into Gaea's Cradle . Also Westvale Abbey Flip for some sort of Wrath of God effect protection. Heroic Intervention and Fresh Meat can also do this but are not as low to the ground, as they take spots in your hand, a spell slot in your deck and are only good if they are in your hand at the time the Wrath effect hits.
5 months ago
Also noticed you have 0 answers for a Wrath of God or similar effect. Westvale Abbey Flip is a good option there just as at least a stand in to buy you time to rebuild a board state. It's a land first and a creature if it needs to be, so it's low to the ground. Fresh Meat can also fill this void but since it takes up an important spell slot it is less advised.
5 months ago
4 mana for even 3 3/3 beast tokens is decent. Your current list already contains Arasta of the Endless Web , and I love that it can help start the loop with Ghost Town if you have the right setup. A couple other token generating spells for surprise factor are Ezuri's Predation , Fresh Meat , and Caller of the Claw .
Dawnglade Regent not necessarily a big finisher, but monarch is another nice way to get card draw and the hexproof for your creatures is nice. Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is also nice, but a bit pricey.
The Tireless Tracker clues stick around so they're just there when you have spare mana that you don't want to go to waste which is again better than the one opportunity per landfall with Seer's Sundial and the tracker can get bigger as you sacrifice the clues. I especially like that the tokens trigger Kodama and if the land you put into play can tap for 2 mana you can sac a clue to draw a card which may draw you more land to put into play from Kodama triggers.
Quirion Ranger can help provide a clutch blocker or that one extra mana you need for some spell. I like that it helps you have more land in hand for landfall triggers off of Kodama. Since Ashaya makes your creatures into forests they can tap for mana so they all become targets for Quirion Ranger to untap.
Kamahl’s Will does seem like a decent fit for this deck as a way to go wide and removal. Territorial Scythecat seems okay similar to the running a Managorger Hydra but takes a bit to build up. Shifting Ceratops it has some versatility, but I'm not sure what you want this for in a landfall deck. Primeval Bounty is currently in your list here on tappedout. Branching Evolution not sure your strategy is putting a lot of counters on stuff, more dropping lots of tokens on the fiel. Fertilid synergizes well with Retreat to Kazandu . Garruk's Uprising again I don't think you're usually putting a lot of big creatures into play to benefit from the trigger. Court of Bounty seems better than Colossal Majesty and has an added benefit. Reclamation Sage is great, and I'm also interested in the new 2-drop Masked Vandal since it exiles stuff, and another budget tutor for these low cost utility creatures is Woodland Bellower .
=== other card options ===
- Shaman of Forgotten Ways can be a nice alternate way to win.
- Ancient Greenwarden it's Crucible of Worlds on a body, doubles landfall triggers, and has reach (I like referring to reach as dunking).
- Bramble Sovereign solid value, decent size body, can be used politically.
- Shared Summons solid budget tutor.
- Scapeshift could be game ending if you're getting the right landfall triggers.
- Regal Behemoth monarch and more mana.
- Mana Reflection MOAR MANA!
- Path of Discovery could help dig more land per Kodama trigger if landfall is generating token creatures.
- Blighted Woodland could be better than or just a nice addition to Myriad Landscape
- Greater Good is usually pretty solid card advantage in green especially if someone is about to deal with your commander or big bad or board wipe.
- Fecundity is great card advantage in go wide strategies if your deck runs a hand-full of sac outlets.
- Eldrazi Monument is fun if you can generate enough tokens or animate enough lands, just imagine a bunch of flying elemental forests that are indestructible beating down your opponents.
- Parallel Lives is much pricier than I remember.
- Evolutionary Leap is always a nice kind of card advantage in token decks, but still nice to sac non-tokens if they're about to die anyways.
- Beastmaster Ascension is a nice buff in wide strategies.
- Apex Altisaur could be a useful thing to get with your Magus to wipe out some creatures.
- Force of Vigor another great option for removal.
- Genesis Wave is always a solid way to spend lots of mana.