|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Journey into Nyx||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Aegis of the Gods
Enchantment Creature — Human Soldier
You have hexproof. (You can't be the target of spells or abilities your opponent's control.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (23)||ironax , Wazerwifle , hwagner , gildan_bladeborn , bradyofportdetroit , tragic_slip , Tiddilywinkus , EliGjerdingen , pskinn01 , carsickpanda273 , ecurps , ChrisH , saj0219 , accioali , Dr_Jay , HR19 , philktoken8998 , Snydog17 , MoJoMiXuP , plof , dplerner , rakdos24 , golgarigirl|
|Want (3)||xpsychovampx , Rez09 , Malachy_|
Aegis of the Gods Discussion
4 days ago
Regardless, I think it's much more important to have redundancy of win conditions than combo pieces. The deck is pretty much good in that regard at this point.
One thing I would recommend putting back in would be Spirit of the Labyrinth. This is a problem for a ton of decks, and does't really hurt you at all. (Only 3 cards here actually actually draw cards, Phyrexian Altar, Erebos, and Skullclamp, and Skullclamp can kill Spirit.)
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
It'd be really helpful to know what kind of deck your cousin is running. If he uses lots of spells that aren't creatures, I suggest something like Grand Abolisher or Aegis of the Gods. But white has a crazy amount of powerful humans. I also recommend playing anthem cards like Honor of the Pure or Glorious Anthem to make your massive amounts of dudes huge.
4 weeks ago
Thraben Standard Bearer make human soldier tokens, but discarding a card is what I am trying to avoid. Aegis of the Gods may help slow down cards like Inquisition of Kozilek. I'm not entirely married to the swords if there are cheaper (both money and mana cost) options to buff and even protect creatures. But Rebuff the Wicked and Dawn Charm would be good to try out until I have money to buy the swords.
1 month ago
This is Bean.
- Counterbalance (price for this on here is wrong, it's like $5 on tcgplayer. In fact, a lot of these prices are wrong)
- Frozen AEther
- Mana Maze
- Leyline of Anticipation
- Animate Dead
- Dance of the Dead
- Copy Enchantment
- Aura of Silence
- Arcane Laboratory
- Tainted Remedy
- Oblivion Ring
- Banishing Light
- Sphere of Safety
- Spirit of the Labyrinth
- Aegis of the Gods
- Eidolon of Rhetoric
- Supreme Verdict
- Rhystic Study
- Mystic Remora (Combos with Solemnity, as does any cumulative upkeep cards)
- Phyrexian Etchings
- Mind Harness
- Enlightened Tutor
- Dance of Many
- Pendrell Flux
- Vile Consumption
- Mana Web
- Praetor's Grasp
- Oppressive Rays
- Aqueous Form
- Suppression Field
- Future Sight + Sensei's Divining Top + Etherium Sculptor or Helm of Awakening = draw you whole deck
- Stasis Snare
- Temporal Isolation
- Spirit Mantle
- Starfield of Nyx
- Phyrexian Unlife (play this first) + Ad Nauseam = Draw your whole deck. Unlife says: you can't lose the game for having 0 or less life, and all damage to dealt to you when below 0 life is instead dealt in poison counters. Ad Naus doesn't deal damage to you, it's loss of life and so you can pay as much life as you want, draw your deck, and not gain any counters. Works fantastically with all the Propaganda/Sphere of Safety effects, if you run them. Worst case scenario, just put Solemnity out and you can't gain poison counters :D
More expensive options, or later upgrades to the deck:
- Show and Tell + Omniscience (can allow you to potentially cast any number of game ending combos, i.e. Enter the Infinite + Laboratory Maniac + draw)
- Serra's Sanctum
- Dark Depths (combos with Solemnity)
- Idyllic Tutor
- Runed Halo
- Greater Auramancy
- Bitterblossom + Contamination
- Leyline of the Void, can also combo with: Mindcrank + Bloodchief Ascension, infinite combo while it exiles opponents libraries since Leyline of the Void is out.
- Leyline of Sanctity
1 month ago
BAAAABE, Aegis Automaton, Augmenting Automaton, Cathedral Membrane, Darklit Gargoyle for artifact creatures.Brain Maggot, Aegis of the Gods, Gnarled Scarhide, Hopeful Eidolon, Nyx-Fleece Ram, Spiteful Returned for enchantment creatures. :) Love you!
1 month ago
Thanks StackerMagician! That's a card I missed and definitely one to consider. I'm just not sure I have enough creatures that don't already have undying/persist synergies with Solemnity to make it worth the addition given it isn't tutorable with zur. I've also been considering Mikaeus, the Unhallowed, but unfortunately, the cards I really want him to give undying to (Zur the Enchanter, Aegis of the Gods, and Auramancer) are humans, so he's not as effective. Also does anyone have an opinion on adding Razaketh, the Foulblooded as an extra tutor/sac outlet for the Geralf's Messenger/Geralf's Mindcrusher combo? I'm thinking he's a bit expensive and the pay 2 life clause makes him not worth it, but if anyone has another opinion I'd love to hear it.
1 month ago
Considering your description, I assume this is meant as a pillowfort deck. In case this is the case (lol), here are my recommendations:
- Aegis of the Gods; fantastic card to use until your Bruna/Gisela/Teeg combo hits the table.
- Grand Abolisher; an Abolisher a day, keeps the counterspells away.
- Linvala, Keeper of Silence; bit expensive but not as much as she used to be. No more activated abilities from enemy creatures.
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope or Soul of New Phyrexia; to protect everything on your board from targeted removal and destruction wipes.
- Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir; even worse than Grand Abolisher, now your opponents can't cast spells during their own upkeep or combat phases either. And as an added bonus, you can cast creatures anytime you want; even after your opponent has declared attackers!
- Melira, Sylvok Outcast; just in case your opponents like to use infect.
- Vigor; this is great in combat and even better against red damage spells that target multiple creatures.
- Sphere of Safety; great potential to be even nastier than Ghostly Prison.
- Leyline of Anticipation; almost as fun as Teferi.
- Crawlspace; very nice against token decks.
Whatever you decide to use, I sincerely hope you'll get of Entomb, Buried Alive and Jarad's Orders. First off, these cards are nice, but are better suited in a deck that's heavy on recursion. I'd replace them wih Diabolic Tutor, Beseech the Queen or if you have the money, Demonic Tutor and/or Vampiric Tutor. Second, you're using Ground Seal; this seems very counter-productive.