|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Tempest Remastered (TPR)||Rare|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Rare|
|Duel Decks: Heroes vs. Monsters (DDL)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Winds of Rath
Destroy all creatures that aren't enchanted. They can't be regenerated.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (12)||Mousemke , CAPTAINxCOOKIES , Gabeph , sonnet666 , mziter501 , jstn.mrrtt , Ashy , REV666 , Dr_Jay , plof , frederiklw , Venser_the_Sojoner|
Winds of Rath Discussion
3 weeks ago
Emeria, The Sky Ruin is practically free for any mono-white deck. Puresteel Paladin is a must-have for any equipment deck for the card draw. Tragic Arrogance and Winds of Rath are asymmetric for voltron decks as well.
1 month ago
1 month ago
NV_1980 - Hey there, thanks for the awesome suggestions! Yeah, I've been considering a lot of the cards you've listed here, and I also have been really questioning the need to have those four you've mentioned in this deck, so at the very least we are on pretty much the same page. In terms of cards I would like to put in, I think you made some great points for Winds of Rath rather than Razia's, along with Open the Armory, Path to Exile, and Xenagos, God of Revels, as well as Slayers' Stronghold and of course Kessig Wolf Run. Those six I think will really hone this deck to a dagger point (at least, I hope they will!). As for some of the cards I passed by (like Sphere of Safety or Grand Abolisher), for the group meta that I play in, if you have a strong deck tech as-is without a lot of table hate like making sure others can't do stuff while you are taking your turn, we try to keep our decks at that. I definitely like the idea of an Abolisher in this deck, but I tried using a few more jank or otherwise less optimal methods of getting my stuff out safe and sound (like Insist) in order to maintain that balance of competitiveness v.s. level of fun to play against/deal with. Same thing with Sphere of Safety...you're dead on that it would make me nigh-invincible in terms of required mana to attack me due to the enchantment theme I'm aiming for, but the folks I play with would really not cotton to the idea of having to deal with that and a 30/30 Uril on the board with indestructible/hexproof/unblockable/protection from all colors/etc. It's a really good call on your part, but it probably wouldn't fly with the people I play with.
In terms of playing with and using this deck, I will have to get back to you on that! I am actually still in the process of getting most of these cards, and while I am somewhat lenient with my cash for this project at the moment, the trade off with that is that I'm pretty much operating at a snail's pace in terms of getting the full deck list in order; when the whole kit and kaboodle is assembled, however, I'll let ya' know how it feels to play. Thanks again for the help on this one!
1 month ago
Uril is awesome and I think you've done a good job on this deck. I have some ideas to make it even better. I am not sure whether you are on a budget; judging from some of the cards you have already chosen I rather doubt it. Anyway, these are some of the cards I think could prove useful:
- Contested Cliffs; use this to take out any annoying creature you want, without having to tap Uril.
- Kessig Wolf Run; to temporarily give Uril +X/+0 and trample, very handy.
- Rogue's Passage; make Uril unblockable. Useful in case your opponents are waiting for him with deathtouch-creatures.
- Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion; to temporarily give Uril double-strike, in case he does not have it already.
- Slayers' Stronghold; boost Uril with vigilance, haste and +2/+0 for ? Fantastic!
- Grand Abolisher; wonderful creature to counteract counter-magic.
- Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist; as long as she can attack, shes an extremely useful creature in a voltron setup.
- Sigarda, Host of Herons; second Tajuru Preserver and a powerful creature too.
- Xenagos, God of Revels; combined with an enchanted Uril, powerful enough to end games.
- Boros Charm; especially the last two abilities of this spell will prove useful in your deck.
- Path to Exile; because a deck without counter spells AND point-removal is bound for trouble.
- Swords to Plowshares; see 2.
- Temur Battle Rage; nice, cheap way to suddenly boost Uril significantly.
- Chandra's Ignition; this can win you the game in lots of cases.
- Open the Armory; great aura-tutor.
- Three Dreams; another great aura tutor.
- Winds of Rath; this card seems made for a deck like this.
- Blessing of the Nephilim; rather cheap way to give Uril +5/+5.
- Daybreak Coronet; not a cheap card to buy, but in this deck its so powerful it's almost insane.
- Dust Corona; cheap to cast, with a nice bonus and a blockers restriction attached.
- Madcap Skills; a bit like Dust Corona, cheap, good bonus and a blockers restriction.
- Sphere of Safety; with so many enchantments on your side, attacking you becomes rather costly.
- Spirit Mantle; cheap way to make Uril unblockable.
Some cards I would remove from your deck to make a little room:
- Angelic Skirmisher; expensive to cast, not worth it considering you are running very few creatures. Uril has cheaper ways available to him to get these bonuses.
- Blazing Archon; extremely expensive to cast, there are much cheaper ways to prevent attacks (see suggested cards).
- Akroma's Memorial; expensive to cast; would be more useful in a deck that contained many (token) creatures.
- Razia's Purification; I would replace this with Winds of Rath.
Hopefully you feel some of this is useful. I wish you lots of fun with this deck; let us know how it plays! Also, I would appreciate some feedback on one of my decks, if you have the time. Thanks!
3 months ago
Also, Winds of Rath can become the end of many foes, but not your sweet sweet Zur. Need more protection on him? Diplomatic Immunity is for you! You plan to win with only zur attacking? Cathedral of War !
Now, here's what I think you should cut out ; Curse of the Bloody Tome, you don't play in graveyard and you have no milling win-con, so it's pretty meh. Since you just tuor anything anyway, I don't think you need a Dictate of Kruphix which can just help your opponent get back up. Playing both both Curse of Inertia and Ghostly Touch while you have a Aqueous Form is a waste of card slot, In my huble opinion.
Well, thats all, have a nice day and good luck mate!
5 months ago
Here is my attempt to figure out my "7 by 9" classification of my deck (Referenced article about "7 by 9"). The deck doesn't really fit into the model well since many of the cards overlap by just being enchantments that there's a lot of categories/single cards that only care if other enchantments get played.
The deck itself cost a lot to get rolling and I like where the ramp sits right now even if it's a bit high on cards, but being a 5 color deck has its requriements. I'd like to increase the number of cost reduction cards. And slightly increase the number of draw, and combo cards. If I had to I would probably remove some of the buff/removal/graveyard cards. The issue I have though is that I want to keep the same number of creatures as early agression is this decks downfall. If I could I would also update the mana base and then be able to cut some of the ramp cards.
Number of enchantments: 36 (a * represents that this card cares about enchantments) (15 are auras)
- Kodama's Reach
- Awakening Zone
- Fertile Ground
- Font of Fertility
- From Beyond
- Khalni Heart Expedition
- Trace of Abundance
- Birds of Paradise
- Courser of Kruphix
- Enchantress's Presence
- Argothian Enchantress
- Eidolon of Blossoms
- Kor Spiritdancer
- Mesa Enchantress
- Verduran Enchantress
- Assault Suit
- Furor of the Bitten
- Guise of Fire
- Vow of Duty
- Vow of Flight
- Vow of Lightning
- Vow of Malice
- Vow of Wildness
5 months ago
Leyline of Anticipation, Long-Term Plans, Vanishing, Winds of Rath, Divine Reckoning all worked great for me! Also you should find some ways to deter early attacks because you have no protection before turn 6 and Narset is always swinging and not blocking. Propaganda effects maybe?
Otherwise looks great! Can't wait to play against it!