Creature — Human Druid
Whenever you cast an enchantment spell, you may draw a card.
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Verduran Enchantress occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
GWU (Bant): 0.78%
Verduran Enchantress Discussion
1 week ago
If you’re constantly playing games where you draw out your deck, Laboratory Maniac and Jace, Wielder of Mysteries would be good additions. After Theros Beyond Death, Thassa's Oracle can also act similar to Lab man, and can be used earlier to win if you’ve got enough blue devotion on the field.
1 month ago
BaklavaDominoes I run a deck very similar to yours which you are welcome to check out here, Enchantress Harvest. A few additional win conditions you could look at would be to add the following cards:
Finale of Devastation
Ancestral Mask : I have found this card to be a strong secondary win con in my deck. Equipping this card to your Dragonlord Dromoka or either of your Sigarda’s in most games will turn that creature into a 20+ power creature which you can quickly knock someone out of the game. Best thing is most people don’t see this coming before it is to late. I run Shalai, Voice of Plenty as my commander so Ancestral Mask will quickly allow me to knock someone out for commander damage in most games as soon as it hits.
Finale of Devastation : This card has two purposes in my deck. In the early game I am using it to search for one of my enchantresses to start my engine. However, in the late game when I have a lot of mana and a good board presence, I will dump 12+ mana into this to fetch out Nylea, God of the Hunt or another one of my big flyers if she is already out then swing with the whole team. You can think of it as a Craterhoof Behemoth in the late game.
Nylea's Colossus : Even though this creature is 7 mana once the Colossus is out it must be dealt with immediately or the game will be over quickly. It is not uncommon to turn one of my flyers into a 40+ power creature in the late game once this guy hits. Even if I don’t have a flyer out pumping up one of my enchantress or other support creatures and attacking can quickly get out of control. I had a game once where I only had a Verduran Enchantress out after a board wipe and thanks to the +1/+1 she was getting from my Mirari's Wake I was able to play Nylea's Colossus along with several other enchantments that turn and turn her into something silly like a 32/96 and swing into the player who had an open board and knock them out. Don’t understatement this card.
Hopefully that gave you some suggestions of other win conditions you can add to your deck.
2 months ago
This came to me after I made my comment, but I think Cloudstone Curio could be used as a strong draw engine in this deck. Given that you have Argothian Enchantress , Eidolon of Blossoms , Enchantress's Presence , Setessan Champion and Verduran Enchantress , you could continuously bounce two small enchantments with each other to get a ridiculous amount of card advantage. You could even efficiently draw lots of cards with just Cloudstone Curio , Abundant Growth and Utopia Sprawl // Wild Growth as you can move the mana-enchantment on to other untapped lands to keep producing extra mana. You could even use it to get around your own Root Maze on your turn and you can bounce your lands for extra mana as well if you start running short on lands in hand.
Another card to consider for control purposes would be Quicksilver Fountain as you can slowly turn all your opponent's lands into Island s. This strategy is pretty effective in green commander decks as you can use cards like Crop Rotation , Sylvan Scrying and Ancient Stirrings to fetch Unstable Frontier . The trick with Quicksilver Fountain and Unstable Frontier is that you can have the fountain target one of your lands to put the flood counter on it, and then in response to the ability on the stack you'd tap the frontier to turn that targeted land into an Island for the turn. Because the land is now an Island it becomes an illegal target for the Quicksilver Fountain 's ability countering it which means the land will not get the flood counter. With this your opponents lands will end up mana-screwed while you'd get to keep your lands in tact. The best part is even if your opponent's remove the Quicksilver Fountain it will not remove the flood counters meaning your opponent's lands will remain permanently stuck as Islands. This means you could create a serious dead lock with Choke or create a ludicrous amount of mana with Carpet of Flowers . As a bonus, instead of Unstable Frontier you can also use Cloudstone Curio to help remove flood counters by bouncing your lands with each other.
Of course these strategies would run at odds with cards like Titania's Song and Null Rod , but they're helpful to keep in mind and if your meta ever becomes less artifact dependent it might be best to switch them out for these cards along with Extraplanar Lens as these 3 mana artifacts aren't affected by Collector Ouphe or Damping Matrix .
2 months ago
Don't love Kismet I think that's more annoying than wood. Does Words of Wind have some sort of combo with it? Femeref Enchantress has always seemed kinda bad to me, though I haven't played it. Losing enchantments is actually kinda hard. I absolutely love Aura Thief; it's one of my pet cards, but I think it does get significantly weaker without a lot of sac outlets.
I run Eldrazi Conscription in my Tuvasa deck as a quick finisher. I think Verduran Enchantress is also a must play. The enchantresses are all just so ridiculously good in the deck. Winds of Rath is a nice sweeper that your stuff can dodge a lot of the time. I've liked Finest Hour in my Tuvasa deck. It can let your Tuvasa kill someone without a blocker really easily a lot of the time. Faeburrow Elder has been a mustplay for me in three+ color gw decks. Eladamri's Call has also been awesome in my Tuvasa.
3 months ago
I might suggest some cards like Aether Tunnel , Cloak of Mists or even Infiltrator's Magemark with that it seems like you're leaning towards an enchantment theme, which would make me consider cards like Eidolon of Blossoms , Enchantress's Presence , Verduran Enchantress . Pretty good deck! I like the idea of killing with commander damage!
6 months ago
Glad you like the deck, I always have a blast playing Tuvasa. It's been pretty infamous in my circles due to it's resiliency. To answer a couple of your questions:
- Teferi's Protection is a great card, however most of the time I am tied for mana and having the difference in one CMC does make a large difference in my meta. My Tuvasa is often prone to be getting exiled and having 3 mana up is difficult as usually the turn after casting Tuvasa you are already playing another spell to make use of her. Other than that you can run both or just Teferi's Protection, it's up to you!
- Academy Rector is a trap in this deck, in order for you to make use of rector you need a kill switch. There isn't much spells that I run that destroys target creature or board wipes, I tend to usually draw into my enchantments or my tutors that gets me my enchantments and I run low CMC enchantments so rector is unnecessary for this style of play. If you are going to cheat out the bigger enchantments like say for example Omniscience or Decree of Silence than go for it, I would also include Flash as a way for instant speed kill.
- Verduran Enchantress has been cut out because I do have enough card draw, honestly it's been hard to cut out cards. I been tempted to down even to 33 lands to add in another low drop card like Ground Seal . I'm an advocate to tune your deck to your own style, if you need more card draw go add it in and test it out!
- Sigil of the Empty Throne is a fun card and can get out of hand, it can be a secondary line of winning, however I built this as a "voltron enchantress storm" type of deck and I just want to one shot people. I used to run it, but at 5 cmc it was too high when I had nothing else in my hand.
- Enchanted Evening is a great game ending card, but as I said with Sigil, I wanted to do a voltron storm style deck. You can definitely try it out as it is a huge bomb that can definitely OHKO someone not ready, but I just prefer the cost of my cards to be low for this type of deck.
Hope that answers your question and feel free to +1 upvote Tuvasa!
6 months ago
Some new stuff to play with. the 0/2 enchantresses don't seem to really cut it so we'll try cutting them.