|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Druid
Whenever you cast an enchantment spell, you may draw a card.
Verduran Enchantress Discussion
2 weeks ago
I might suggest some cards like Aether Tunnel , Cloak of Mists or even Infiltrator's Magemark with that it seems like you're leaning towards an enchantment theme, which would make me consider cards like Eidolon of Blossoms , Enchantress's Presence , Verduran Enchantress . Pretty good deck! I like the idea of killing with commander damage!
3 months ago
Glad you like the deck, I always have a blast playing Tuvasa. It's been pretty infamous in my circles due to it's resiliency. To answer a couple of your questions:
- Teferi's Protection is a great card, however most of the time I am tied for mana and having the difference in one CMC does make a large difference in my meta. My Tuvasa is often prone to be getting exiled and having 3 mana up is difficult as usually the turn after casting Tuvasa you are already playing another spell to make use of her. Other than that you can run both or just Teferi's Protection, it's up to you!
- Academy Rector is a trap in this deck, in order for you to make use of rector you need a kill switch. There isn't much spells that I run that destroys target creature or board wipes, I tend to usually draw into my enchantments or my tutors that gets me my enchantments and I run low CMC enchantments so rector is unnecessary for this style of play. If you are going to cheat out the bigger enchantments like say for example Omniscience or Decree of Silence than go for it, I would also include Flash as a way for instant speed kill.
- Verduran Enchantress has been cut out because I do have enough card draw, honestly it's been hard to cut out cards. I been tempted to down even to 33 lands to add in another low drop card like Ground Seal . I'm an advocate to tune your deck to your own style, if you need more card draw go add it in and test it out!
- Sigil of the Empty Throne is a fun card and can get out of hand, it can be a secondary line of winning, however I built this as a "voltron enchantress storm" type of deck and I just want to one shot people. I used to run it, but at 5 cmc it was too high when I had nothing else in my hand.
- Enchanted Evening is a great game ending card, but as I said with Sigil, I wanted to do a voltron storm style deck. You can definitely try it out as it is a huge bomb that can definitely OHKO someone not ready, but I just prefer the cost of my cards to be low for this type of deck.
Hope that answers your question and feel free to +1 upvote Tuvasa!
3 months ago
Some new stuff to play with. the 0/2 enchantresses don't seem to really cut it so we'll try cutting them.
3 months ago
4 months ago
Greater Auramancy is going to cause you more problems than it will help, and Spectra Ward is going to prevent you from adding more enchantments to a creature once you cast it. Privileged Position and Sterling Grove will be better.
4 months ago
No Shield of the Oversoul ? Hexproof is all well and good, but I think the more ways you can get to protect Uril from boardwipes, the better.
Since auras themselves are often vulnerable, you might appreciate Monk Idealist and Nomad Mythmaker as ways to recycle lost goodies. Kor Spiritdancer , Verduran Enchantress , Mesa Enchantress and Eidolon of Blossoms are likewise ways to help combat card disadvantage from auras - or even earn card advantage from them, if you're lucky!
4 months ago
Looks like a fun deck!
Courser of Kruphix is a great enchantment that can also help you get some lands.
Hope this helps!
5 months ago
Hey, nice budget deck and good upgrade of the precon.
Consider adding more low mana cost auras? Especially ones that can give Tuvasa evasion. She should be your main source of damage to opponents, Commander damage; I would focus on that. Other than the Enchantresses I don't see a need for lots of other creatures.
Budget cards ($3 or less each) to consider adding:
Overbeing, Oversoul and Godhead are great with Tuvasa because she's three colors. Boots, Cover and Authority are low mana cost ways to protect Tuvasa from targeted removal with hexproof. Cover and Authority also provide potential evasion.
For cuts to consider my advice is to cut many of the high mana cost cards to help to reduce the avg. CMC of your deck. Take more advantage of three drop Tuvasa and the Enchantresses by adding more low mana cost enchantments.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Blossoming Sands
- Meandering River
- Thornwood Falls
- Tranquil Cove
- Tranquil Expanse
- Woodland Stream
- Take Possession
- Martial Coup
- Arixmethes, Slumbering Isle
- Celestial Ancient
- Heavenly Blademaster
- Hydra Omnivore
- Nylea's Colossus
- Silent Sentinel
- Bruna, Light of Alabaster
- Octopus Umbra
- Faith Unbroken
Verduran Enchantress occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
GWU (Bant): 0.78%