|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Unlimited Edition (2ED)||Rare|
|Collector's Edition (CED)||Rare|
|International Collector's Edition (CEI)||Rare|
|Limited Edition Beta (LEB)||Rare|
|Limited Edition Alpha (LEA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Look at the top three cards of target player's library and put them back in any order. You may have that player shuffle his or her library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Natural Selection Discussion
3 months ago
Azdranax wow amazing Thank you very much for these hard facts! Few months ago I bought a playset of Natural Selection from the Unlimited Edition. Today I saw, that its value has increased, what makes me happy of course. :)
Boza on The List...
4 months ago
Additionally, no-one has a problem with the list, only a few cards on it (couldn't finish this point earlier); besides duals and power 9, there are few cards that are needed in more copies and are more than 100 dollars:
- Transmute Artifact - more tutors in commander.
- Wheel of Fortune - more wheels in commander. (really, more than 100?)
- City of Traitors - bought out after eldrazi realese, needed in legacy.
- Lion's Eye Diamond - key piece of any Eternal storm deck.
- Mox Diamond - not a bad mox, but few applications in Legacy. 150+ range:
- Gaea's Cradle - elves in Legacy and commander applications.
- Natural Selection - really? some commander stuff I guess.
300+ range (aka more expensive than blue duals):
- Eureka - bad Hypergenesis is still a thing in a single Legacy deck. Could be good for Commander.
- Copy Artifact - Commander stuff and fringe Vintage applications.
Holy sheet range:
- Mishra's Workshop - 1 vintage deck.
- Candelabra of Tawnos - 1 legacy deck.
- The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale - a couple of legacy decks.
- Bazaar of Baghdad - 1 vintage deck.
So, including power 9 and duals there are a total of 32 cards (and Eureka is quite suspect it should be on the list) I could identify that could have any applications. Most of them are limited to 1-2 decks in any format they are currently legal in.
The reserved list has 500+ cards. If more widely available, these cards would likely be banned or restricted even further.
Tl;DR Less than 30 out of 550 cards on the RL are actually prohibitively expensive, and of those most are playable now in any format in 1 or less copies.
6 months ago
Hey guys, I am about to create a Chaos Harlequin deck in combination with Orcish Spy . Can someone help me building around it? This will be a casual deck and I already thought about cards like Jester's Mask , Jester's Cap and Jester's Scepter but I am not sure yet. A further question is, which other color I should run with those cards. Blue/green could be interesting due to Ponder, Portent , Natural Selection . Also Elemental Augury could be interesting. Thank you in advance!
8 months ago
Daedalus19876 god damn I always love your criticism! Very helpful but seriously can you help me building a deck around Natural Selection and what is your opinion about the combination with Isochron Scepter in general? I have those playsets and would like to use them.
8 months ago
I am also worried about your ability to hit your colors, as several of your spells are intended to be cast early but have very high devotion to your colors. Is the risk of Sea Gate Wreckage's colorless mana worth it?
9 months ago
9 months ago
I want to create a deck that aims to lock down my opponent through library manipulation effects. I thought about Natural Selection and/or Elemental Augury . But I am not sure about those cards and I don't know how my wincon could look like. Please can you help me out with brainstorming? :)
Thank you very much!