Hermit of the Natterknolls
Creature — Human Werewolf
Whenever an opponent casts a spell during your turn, draw a card.
At the beginning of each upkeep, if no spells were cast last turn, transform Hermit of the Natterknolls.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Hermit of the Natterknolls Discussion
4 months ago
consider dropping 2 Geier Reach Bandit Flip for 2 Hermit of the Natterknolls Flip, get extra card draw without flooding yourself with too many cards that transform your wolves, since they dont stack. Else, you could instead add 2 Cindervines to deal damage and destroy something important in a pinch.
1 year ago
Very interesting build! It's quite sad that Moonmist can't transform some of the werewolves in Eldritch Moon.
I've got a few suggestions for the sideboard, if you don't mind.
Howlpack Resurgence is good but I think there are better options even taking budget into account. One of those options is Rhythm of the Wild which can give a more permanent boost, thanks to the +1/+1 counter, or allow you to pressure your opponent with hasty werewolves while also giving your creatures some resilience as counterspell protection.
Cindervines would look amazing in this deck. Not only it provides enchantment and artifact spells, but also punishes your opponents for playing some spells, which is very good given the fact that you don't want them to do so because that could transform your creatures back to their regular forms.
Mondronen Shaman Flip is a similar case to Cindervines. It's a werewolf that's going to punish your opponents for casting a lot of spells, which,in theory, should allow you to have your werewolves transformed for longer.
These are just some suggestions. Let me hear what you think before giving any others.
1 year ago
A15Life there are a lot of werewolf creatures with transform. In fact, the transform mechanic was created around werewolves. There's a shit-ton of werewolves with the transform mechanic:
And all of this is without mentioning all of the non-werewolf HUMAN creatures with the transform mechanic, and the card I created makes all humans werewolves too. So yeah, there's a bit of use for Autumn Moon's ability to make a werewolf transform.
2 years ago
We gave your request a lot of thought. Our main objective was to keep the spirit of the deck the same. So we decided to try and find replacements for the more expensive cards while keeping the original thought of the replaced cards alive. Naturally this would mean we would end up with cards that are either slightly less effective at what the expensive cards do, or they have a higher CMC, or both.
Almost all replacements we have chosen cost below 1 dollar. Some of the replaced cards are cards we do not own, so we decided not to post a new deck as we only do so when we own all the cards in it. So, here is a list of the replacements we would make in order to turn this into a less expensive deck:
- Forest for all the non-basic lands
- Hermit of the Natterknolls Flip for Beast Whisperer
- Ivy Lane Denizen for Bloodspore Thrinax
- End-Raze Forerunners for Craterhoof Behemoth
- Wirewood Channeler for Elvish Archdruid
- Skullwinder for Eternal Witness
- Rushwood Herbalist for Ezuri, Renegade Leader
- Evolutionary Leap for Fauna Shaman
- Elfhame Druid for Fyndhorn Elves
- Deadly Recluse for Hornet Queen
- Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen for Joraga Warcaller
- Ant Queen for Mycoloth
- Nullmage Advocate for Nullmage Shepherd
- Centaur Rootcaster for Oracle of Mul Daya
- Thunderfoot Baloth for Pathbreaker Ibex
- Mul Daya Channelers for Priest of Titania
- Initiate's Companion for Quirion Ranger
- Runic Armasaur for Regal Force
- Yavimaya Elder for Sakura-Tribe Elder
- Llanowar Scout for Sakura-Tribe Scout
- Deathgorge Scavenger for Scavenging Ooze
- Fyndhorn Brownie for Scryb Ranger
- Rampaging Baloths for Seedborn Muse (we know, not quite the same functions)
- Archetype of Endurance for Asceticism
- Overrun for Beastmaster Ascension
- Abundance for Burgeoning / Exploration
- Beast Within for Song of the Dryads
- Nature's Claim for Krosan Grip
- Vitalize for Benefactor's Draught
- Shared Summons for Green Sun's Zenith / Genesis Wave
- Mask of Avacyn for Lightning Greaves / Swiftfoot Boots
- Sol Ring for Worn Powerstone
We were not able to find suitable replacements (i.e.: cards that would do the same thing but be slightly less effective at it) for the following cards:
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger
- Concordant Crossroads
- Mirri's Guile
- Quest for Renewal
- Heroic Intervention
- Worldly Tutor
- Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Sensei's Divining Top
- Umbral Mantle
So if you have any suggestions for these, please let us know. For now, we hope we helped you a bit to make a cheaper version of our deck. Have fun brewing it!
Mrs. and Mr. NV_1980
2 years ago
2 years ago
2 years ago
Lands: Mosswort Bridge
3 years ago
I forgot the sideboard! I feel like an idiot. Anyway, here it is: 1x Oakenform, 1x Dive Down, 1x Psychic Corrosion, 1x Ghostform, 1x Contingency Plan, 1x Negate, 1x Pirate's Prize, 1x Containment Membrane, 1x Ensoul Artifact, 1x Ulvenwald Captive Flip, 1x Hermit of the Natterknolls Flip, 1x Gearseeker Serpent, 1x Perplexing Chimera, 1x Luxa River Shrine, 1x Sentinel Totem.