Back:Werewolf of Ancient Hunger Flip
Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Sage of Ancient Lore
Creature — Human Werewolf Shaman
Sage of Ancient Lore's power and toughness are each equal to the number of cards in your hand.
When Sage of Ancient Lore enters the battlefield, draw a card.
At the beginning of each upkeep, if no spells were cast last turn, transform Sage of Ancient Lore.
Andramalech on Woof Woofs
1 month ago
I'd recommend Primal Rage, Cemetery Prowler, Nightpack Ambusher, Mayor of Avabruck Flip, Silverfur Partisan, Immerwolf, Howlpack Resurgence, Sage of Ancient Lore Flip, Duskwatch Recruiter Flip, Full Moon's Rise, as well as some well needed draw spells. Potentially Thrill of Possibility, Bequeathal, Harmonize, Explore, Valakut Awakening Flip.
bamichinees on The old ways
2 years ago
- Carpet of Flowers : No opponents who play blue? Cool, no counters. Opponents plays blue? Cool, I get mana from them.
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx: One of the best mono colour deck land.
- Force of Vigor : Manaless instant speed artifact/enchantment removal.
- Nature's Claim : 1 mana instant speed artifact/enchantment removal.
- Kenrith's Transformation : Cantrip removal.
- Lignify : Removal.
- Song of the Dryads : Removal.
- Chord of Calling : Instant. Tutor.
- Green Sun's Zenith : Tutor.
- Finale of Devastation : Tutor. Lategame pump spell.
- Worldly Tutor : Instant. Tutor.
- Card draw:
- Sylvan Library : Card draw.
- Elvish Visionary : Cheap, cantrip, shaman.
- Mosswort Bridge : Pseudo cantrip.
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip : Pseudo cantrip. Flip = better Gaea's Cradle.
- Blighted Woodland : Comes into play untapped. Ramp card mid-lategame.
- Path of Ancestry : Potential card filter.
- Strip Mine : Utility land.
- Gingerbread Cabin : Forest with minor upside. No reason not to play it in mono green.
- Fauna Shaman : Tutor, shaman.
- Noxious Revival : Manaless. Allows another shot for wincons.
- Scavenging Ooze : Manasink. graveyard disruption.
- Sylvan Safekeeper : Creature protection.
- Veil of Summer : Counterspell protection. Protection against blue and black removal. Most common cards with removal (although meta dependent).
- Card draw:
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary : Card draw.
- Beast Whisperer : Green conditional card draw.
- Guardian Project : Green conditional card draw.
- Runic Armasaur : Card draw (meta dependent).
- Compost : Card draw (meta dependent).
- Sakura-Tribe Scout : Early game shaman. Mana acceleration.
- Genesis Wave : Pseudo card advantage.
- Arch of Orazca : Card draw.
- Overwhelming Stampede : Wincon
- Craterhoof Behemoth : Wincon
- Win more:
- Elvish Piper : Earlygame greedy card, Shaman
- Quest for Renewal : Allows mana during opponents turns.
- Benefactor's Draught : Cantrip. More mana/activated abilities.
- Regal Force : Card draw.
- Hooded Hydra : Mana sink. Snake tokens when it dies.
- Myojin of Life's Web : Too expensive. Very likely that you do not have enough cards in hand to make this worthwhile lategame.
- Patron of the Orochi : Quest for Renewal is cheaper.
- Gigantomancer : Cute, but 8 mana is too much for this kind of effect.
- Archetype of Endurance : Win more card. No real synergy. Asceticism Is better (although also not recommended).
- Trolls of Tel-Jilad : This is a bad card.
- Soul of the Harvest : Beast Whisperer / Guardian Project, cheaper. Almost same effect.
- Sakiko, Mother of Summer : Too expensive. Doesn't do enough for mana cost.
- Sage of Ancient Lore Flip : Very likely that you do not have enough cards in hand to make this worthwhile mid-lategame.
- Wildheart Invoker : This is a bad card.
- Sakura-Tribe Springcaller : This is a bad card.
- Loaming Shaman : Not enough card draw that allows you to get your desired cards in you hand.
- Essence Warden : This is a bad card.
- Vines of Vastwood : Very situational card.
- Squall Line : Not very good card. Situational.
- Krosan Grip : Expensive situational removal.
- Gilded Lotus : Unnecessary ramp.
- Tranquil Grove : Unless your meta plays a lot of enchantments, not really necessary. Otherwise, recommmend Back to Nature instead.
- Beastmaster Ascension : Your creatures are not big enough for this to work consistently.
- Spidersilk Armor: No tutors, not enough card draw to obtain it. Unreliable flyer prevention. Silklash Spider Will hold off flyers with tutors.
Staple cards are cards I recommend obtaining and using, since they are almost always good cards to have in any green deck. The rest is up to preference and should be taken with a grain of salt. I hope I could be of some use to you.
Epicurus on Card creation challenge
2 years ago
A15Life there are a lot of werewolf creatures with transform. In fact, the transform mechanic was created around werewolves. There's a shit-ton of werewolves with the transform mechanic:
And all of this is without mentioning all of the non-werewolf HUMAN creatures with the transform mechanic, and the card I created makes all humans werewolves too. So yeah, there's a bit of use for Autumn Moon's ability to make a werewolf transform.
[email protected]_only on Most underrated commander of all time
3 years ago
edit: just realized that you had Otherworld Atlas, I just missed it. Seasons Past?
Jungle Wayfinder, Ghirapur Orrery, and Weird Harvest aslo fit the aforementioned "helping" theme, and Sage of Ancient Lore Flip acts as an anti-control card that doubles as a backup general.
Muglacious_NiceFaceToad on Tolsimir, Friend to Wolves
3 years ago
Moonlight Hunt , Raised by Wolves , Hunter's Insight , Ulvenwald Captive Flip, Scorned Villager Flip, Sage of Ancient Lore Flip, & Duskwatch Recruiter Flip for the flavor.
SynergyBuild on Tishana's Token Madness
4 years ago
This deck is split two ways that don't really compliment each other. You have the value-oriented Blue-Green goodstuff, a great place for Tishana, and also have some merfolk tribal cards tossed in, despite only having 20 merfolk, you have 15 cards that want you to have merfolk. I'd suggest switching your commander for Kumena, Tyrant of Orazca and add more merfolk instead of the equipment and non-merfolk creatures, and drop the +1/+1 counter theme with cards like Bioshift, or move into the Blue-Green Value list, drop the merfolk tribal, and all of the less-than-great merfolk, and run more mana dorks like Llanowar Elves, Fyndhorn Elves, Birds of Paradise, Arbor Elf, Boreal Druid, Elvish Mystic, etc. to quickly cast Tishana and refill your hand.
You could also just go +1/+1 counters, but that doesn't synergize heavily with your list, considering only two cards of your even can have +1/+1 counters, your commander and Prime Speaker Zegana.
Cards to drop no matter what really would be Bioshift, Mu Yanling, Quietus Spike, Levitation, Pause for Reflection, Cancel, Exclude, Sage of Ancient Lore Flip, Might of the Masses, Treasure Hunt, and Crashing Tide
For more countermagic, Arcane Denial is really good, as is Swan Song, more removal would be like Beast Within, Song of the Dryads, and Imprisoned in the Moon the last two of which can turn off commanders, because you are just enchanting them, but they aren't leaving anywhere. They also lose all other types and abilities as they turn into lands, so they are effectively useless.
DrukenReaps on Grothama The Great and unpopular …
4 years ago
So I feel like Grothama, All-Devouring isn't as popular as it should be. I bring up some of the silly you can do in my In His Belly deck.
I realize the downside of maybe giving your opponents cards is pretty bad but you can mitigate it with things like Multani, Maro-Sorcerer and Sage of Ancient Lore Flip.
Give Grothama lifelink and you gain 10 life for every fight! Really dumb if you give your stuff indestructible with something like Eldrazi Monument.
You can use things like Conjurer's Closet and Temur Sabertooth so you don't have to kill Grothama to draw cards off of him yourself.
Perhaps even scarier is that Grothama bursts out of the ground on turn 5 as a 10/8. Just a little pump and he two shots anyone out of the game.
Some other silly tricks exist too, if you are interested check out my deck :) Yes I'm doing this mostly to plug my deck but I also think it is odd how little popularity something with so many ways to mess with the game has.
On that final note feel free to bring up your own commanders that you think should be more popular and some of the dirty tricks you can do with them.
JuQ on Roonscape
5 years ago
I have in my Roon deck most of what solarbeam said together with.
Brago, King Eternal, Eldrazi Displacer, Galepowder Mage
Reclamation Sage, Duplicant, Solemn Simulacrum, Satyr Wayfinder, Thragtusk
Wall of Blossoms, Wall of Omens all of the best "enters the battlefield, draw a card".Scrivener, Mnemonic Wall
Ghostway, Eerie Interlude
Displace, Ghostly Flicker, Illusionist's StratagemVanish into Memory
Hallowed Moonlight, Containment Priest, Sundial of the InfiniteThran Dynamo, Worn Powerstone
Sage of Ancient Lore Flip has an "enters the battlefield" ability and packs quite a punch if transformed.
|Have (3)||DudeMan1031 , metalmagic , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
|Want (3)||Skullzer7 , Cool_Cat , AjaxSlumbering|