|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elf Druid
Tap: Add X mana of any one color to your mana pool, where X is the number of Elves in play.
Wirewood Channeler Discussion
1 week ago
You might like these: Glimpse of Nature , Beck , Tangleroot , Stone-Seeder Hierophant , Cloudstone Curio , Cloud of Faeries , Peregrine Drake , Somberwald Sage , Chakram Retriever , Retreat to Coralhelm , Village Bell-Ringer , Thousand-Year Elixir , Lightning Greaves , Wirewood Channeler , Alhammarret's Archive
1 month ago
May i ask though, why Selvala, Heart of the Wilds isn't in the deck? All you do is put umbral mantle on her, and she goes infinite immediately with just her. I recently took Wirewood Channeler out just for her
1 month ago
We gave your request a lot of thought. Our main objective was to keep the spirit of the deck the same. So we decided to try and find replacements for the more expensive cards while keeping the original thought of the replaced cards alive. Naturally this would mean we would end up with cards that are either slightly less effective at what the expensive cards do, or they have a higher CMC, or both.
Almost all replacements we have chosen cost below 1 dollar. Some of the replaced cards are cards we do not own, so we decided not to post a new deck as we only do so when we own all the cards in it. So, here is a list of the replacements we would make in order to turn this into a less expensive deck:
- Forest for all the non-basic lands
- Hermit of the Natterknolls Flip for Beast Whisperer
- Ivy Lane Denizen for Bloodspore Thrinax
- End-Raze Forerunners for Craterhoof Behemoth
- Wirewood Channeler for Elvish Archdruid
- Skullwinder for Eternal Witness
- Rushwood Herbalist for Ezuri, Renegade Leader
- Evolutionary Leap for Fauna Shaman
- Elfhame Druid for Fyndhorn Elves
- Deadly Recluse for Hornet Queen
- Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen for Joraga Warcaller
- Ant Queen for Mycoloth
- Nullmage Advocate for Nullmage Shepherd
- Centaur Rootcaster for Oracle of Mul Daya
- Thunderfoot Baloth for Pathbreaker Ibex
- Mul Daya Channelers for Priest of Titania
- Initiate's Companion for Quirion Ranger
- Runic Armasaur for Regal Force
- Yavimaya Elder for Sakura-Tribe Elder
- Llanowar Scout for Sakura-Tribe Scout
- Deathgorge Scavenger for Scavenging Ooze
- Fyndhorn Brownie for Scryb Ranger
- Rampaging Baloths for Seedborn Muse (we know, not quite the same functions)
- Archetype of Endurance for Asceticism
- Overrun for Beastmaster Ascension
- Abundance for Burgeoning / Exploration
- Beast Within for Song of the Dryads
- Nature's Claim for Krosan Grip
- Vitalize for Benefactor's Draught
- Shared Summons for Green Sun's Zenith / Genesis Wave
- Mask of Avacyn for Lightning Greaves / Swiftfoot Boots
- Sol Ring for Worn Powerstone
We were not able to find suitable replacements (i.e.: cards that would do the same thing but be slightly less effective at it) for the following cards:
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger
- Concordant Crossroads
- Mirri's Guile
- Quest for Renewal
- Heroic Intervention
- Worldly Tutor
- Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Sensei's Divining Top
- Umbral Mantle
So if you have any suggestions for these, please let us know. For now, we hope we helped you a bit to make a cheaper version of our deck. Have fun brewing it!
Mrs. and Mr. NV_1980
2 months ago
1- Selvala, Heart of the Wilds is only 3 mana, if that's what you are referring to. If you are referring to Wirewood Channeler and Karametra's Acolyte , I'm am just playing those for redundancy- my build benefits greatly from having creatures that always tap for multiple mana, and once Selvala is on the battlefield, I always have enough mana to play out whatever I need to from my hand.
2- I would suggest reading the "Winning" panel under the "Gameplan" panel of my primer. It details how the deck wins, even without Angel's Grace , once representing infinite Selvala activations. In addition, when I was playing Angel's Grace , it never actually stopped me from losing- CVT decks can win on my upkeep, every Laboratory Maniac win, while giving me another turn, still stops me from activating Selvala (because they would win if I do), etc. I was just consistently unimpressed with it in my deck.
I really do appreciate the feedback, and I'll definitely consider some of your suggestions.
4 months ago
I think I might try Gaddock Teeg ; it seems good against a lot of the cEDH meta. I'm just concerned with it preventing my own spells from being cast.
As for Seedcradle Witch , I don't think its combo with only Wirewood Channeler makes it good enough. I'd rather play Sword of the Paruns if I wanted a combo piece that also is good at reusing Selvala, and I cut that a while ago for being to slow and mana intensive.
Finally, as fun as Panglacial Wurm sounds, I enjoy being friends with the judges and players at my LGS, and would like to not give them this headache of an interaction. In addition, it would only work once before people knew how to deal with it, and the free scry whenever I search my library doesn't seem worth the card slot.
Thank you for your suggestions!
6 months ago
I like Aggravated Assault . It combos with a bunch of stuff. I have the masterpiece version in my temur elves deck, but it used to be in my wife's Aurelia deck
I'm sure there's others I'm missing haha
7 months ago
I think you need to utilize the ability of ramping with green and elves way more.
Add Elvish Archdruid , Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary , Joraga Treespeaker , Farhaven Elf , Wirewood Channeler and there are plenty more if you search for them. I would include more ramp spells as well, not only Cultivate as you have it, but also Rampant Growth , Explosive Vegetation , Kodama's Reach and so on.
To be honest: For a really fast Eldrazi Deck I would probably go with Nikya of the Old Ways as a commander and add Zhur-Taa Ancient , Neheb, the Eternal , Grand Warlord Radha . But I don't know if you would like to change the deck this much.
So have fun either way, I hope it helps!
9 months ago
It seems like you're attempting an Elf themed version of the deck, if I am seeing things correctly. If that is the case, might I suggest Fauna Shaman to help fuel your Flash engine with Yeva as well as Elvish Soultiller to help recycle cards discarded this way. Elves also give you access to Priest of Titania and Wirewood Channeler for some insane mana ramp.
Wirewood Channeler occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%