|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Mask of Avacyn
Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +1/+2 and has hexproof.
Mask of Avacyn Discussion
6 days ago
Another thought I had in regards to the number of artifacts you are running; you might look into Raff Capashen, Ship's Mage . Low budget, and allows you to play a bulk of your deck at instant speed. Might be useful.
1 week ago
Sorry, I wasn't really being clear. The artifact and enchantment removal can be traded with any of the ones listed. Personally I like all three of the ones I listed more than the ones you currently have.
As for the phantasmal terrain & Seasinger combo, I would definitely trade them out for something else. if you want to stick with the "steal a creature" subtheme you have going on, Dominating Licid could work as a replacement.
About the protection comment, I was talking about the artifacts along with other effects. In your list you have: Lightning Greaves , Swiftfoot Boots , Mask of Avacyn , Darksteel Plate , Whispersilk Cloak , False Demise , Diplomatic Immunity , & Regeneration . I think you may have a few too many, but this is just my personal preference.
Lastly, the deflection effects are usually pretty sumoptimal, but if they're in the deck for the theme, then I totally understand keeping them in.
1 week ago
Ik that Mind Sculptor is the most powerful and thats why i was considering it but I DON'T actually need for anything it's just uber powerful
While I'm aware that Cunning Castaway is on theme but being on theme doesn't always make it good thats why I was asking between Beleren or Castaway.
2 weeks ago
multimedia Tyrant-Thanatos thxs for all your ideas im still figuring what to cut for Gravecrawler and Carrion Feeder but i do not understand why both you guys want me to add Blood Celebrant Pay a black mana and one 1 life for a black mana seems to be bed business. I get that it has synergy with Vilis, Broker of Blood but that's 1 card out of 100, if there is any other reasons why I should add him that I'm missing pls let me know
Demarge Thxs for your help as well your right with all the draw power having unlimited hand size is a thing i should of done as well as adding protection to my commander im thinking of thing like Darksteel Plate and Mask of Avacyn as well as making room my Swiftfoot Boots , but I don't know if i can find room my Painter's Servant . Deathgrip is a nice sideboard card but it to situational for the main board.
2 weeks ago
Planeswalkers Scryfall all r/w planeswalkers
Utility Insurrection Armageddon Austere Command Vandalblast Revoke Existence Path to Exile Swords to Plowshares Dawn Charm Recoup Howl of the Horde Increasing Vengeance Reiterate Seething Anger Shattering Pulse Allay Reckless Charge
3 weeks ago
We gave your request a lot of thought. Our main objective was to keep the spirit of the deck the same. So we decided to try and find replacements for the more expensive cards while keeping the original thought of the replaced cards alive. Naturally this would mean we would end up with cards that are either slightly less effective at what the expensive cards do, or they have a higher CMC, or both.
Almost all replacements we have chosen cost below 1 dollar. Some of the replaced cards are cards we do not own, so we decided not to post a new deck as we only do so when we own all the cards in it. So, here is a list of the replacements we would make in order to turn this into a less expensive deck:
- Forest for all the non-basic lands
- Hermit of the Natterknolls Flip for Beast Whisperer
- Ivy Lane Denizen for Bloodspore Thrinax
- End-Raze Forerunners for Craterhoof Behemoth
- Wirewood Channeler for Elvish Archdruid
- Skullwinder for Eternal Witness
- Rushwood Herbalist for Ezuri, Renegade Leader
- Evolutionary Leap for Fauna Shaman
- Elfhame Druid for Fyndhorn Elves
- Deadly Recluse for Hornet Queen
- Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen for Joraga Warcaller
- Ant Queen for Mycoloth
- Nullmage Advocate for Nullmage Shepherd
- Centaur Rootcaster for Oracle of Mul Daya
- Thunderfoot Baloth for Pathbreaker Ibex
- Mul Daya Channelers for Priest of Titania
- Initiate's Companion for Quirion Ranger
- Runic Armasaur for Regal Force
- Yavimaya Elder for Sakura-Tribe Elder
- Llanowar Scout for Sakura-Tribe Scout
- Deathgorge Scavenger for Scavenging Ooze
- Fyndhorn Brownie for Scryb Ranger
- Rampaging Baloths for Seedborn Muse (we know, not quite the same functions)
- Archetype of Endurance for Asceticism
- Overrun for Beastmaster Ascension
- Abundance for Burgeoning / Exploration
- Beast Within for Song of the Dryads
- Nature's Claim for Krosan Grip
- Vitalize for Benefactor's Draught
- Shared Summons for Green Sun's Zenith / Genesis Wave
- Mask of Avacyn for Lightning Greaves / Swiftfoot Boots
- Sol Ring for Worn Powerstone
We were not able to find suitable replacements (i.e.: cards that would do the same thing but be slightly less effective at it) for the following cards:
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger
- Concordant Crossroads
- Mirri's Guile
- Quest for Renewal
- Heroic Intervention
- Worldly Tutor
- Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Sensei's Divining Top
- Umbral Mantle
So if you have any suggestions for these, please let us know. For now, we hope we helped you a bit to make a cheaper version of our deck. Have fun brewing it!
Mrs. and Mr. NV_1980
4 weeks ago
As far as cuts, the cards I have my eye on are Forgotten Creation , Izzet Keyrune , Sphinx's Tutelage , Deepfathom Skulker , Favorable Winds , Gravitational Shift , AEther Membrane , Mask of Avacyn , Faithless Looting , and perhaps two or three of the "discard hand, draw that many"--particularly expensive ones. I like Jace's Archivist for being repeatable.
1 month ago
Oh wow, what a honour, Xelerat! Nice to know that there are more Phenax guys around.
Protection is definitely lacking, I will try to look into that, but there are many directions possible:
Adding more counterspells, even though I wouldn't, personally, as I already got another deck with many of those.
Adding some recursion in order to be able to retrieve important pieces from the yard. If this is consistent, I could even consider milling myself a bit here and there to find what I need. Just not too much, as I already have a Meren deck. On the note of milling myself, LabJace seems interesting.
The last hypothesis seems the better choice, I'll try to check and see if I get any better results this way.
Mask of Avacyn occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%