Untap all creatures. Until end of turn, whenever a creature an opponent controls blocks, draw a card.
Draw a card
|Have (2)||, metalmagic|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Benefactor's Draught Discussion
1 week ago
1 month ago
You might like these: Alpha Status , Sadistic Glee , Blade of the Bloodchief , Fallen Ideal , Ivy Lane Denizen , Crown of Skemfar , Pennon Blade , Vicious Betrayal , Patron of the Orochi , Awakening , Illusionist's Bracers , Seeker of Skybreak , Wirewood Lodge , Toski, Bearer of Secrets , Benefactor's Draught , Zulaport Cutthroat
1 month ago
You might like these: Alpha Status , Sadistic Glee , Blade of the Bloodchief , Fallen Ideal , Ivy Lane Denizen , Crown of Skemfar , Pennon Blade , Vicious Betrayal , Patron of the Orochi , Awakening , Illusionist's Bracers , Seeker of Skybreak , Thousand-Year Elixir , Vitalize , Benefactor's Draught , Zulaport Cutthroat
1 month ago
You might like these: Alpha Status , Pennon Blade , Fallen Ideal , Sadistic Glee , Blade of the Bloodchief , Eternal Thirst , Cryptolith Rite , Song of Freyalise , Druids' Repository , Awakening , Benefactor's Draught , Curse of Bounty , Mobilize , Zulaport Cutthroat , Poison-Tip Archer , Umbral Mantle
7 months ago
The once a turn clause is definitely a drawback for sure, but I the way I figured it is if you have enough consistent card draw happening every turn then you're still getting to use the ability and you're finding other cards that will trigger it. More card draw never hurts, especially when your commander's activated ability can be a wincon depending on how many cards you have in hand. That reminds me, Library of Leng and Reliquary Tower both serve as pretty good budget options for holding onto all of the cards you'll be drawing, with Thought Vessel being a good but less budget option.
As far as drawing on everyone else's turns, the previously mentioned Runic Armasaur is a really nice choice. Some decent green instant draw you might like are Aggressive Urge, Benefactor's Draught, Bind, Feral Instinct, Inspiring Call, Lace with Moonglove, Lammastide Weave (lol), Momentous Fall (lots of tokens makes the sacrifice no big deal, especially if you get some big ones out there), Provoke, Skyshroud Blessing, Viridescent Wisps, and Vivify could be considered. Also the previously mentioned Verdant Rebirth. I'd say replacing the more situational cards that you'd usually be cycling anyway with cards that net you draw and share the same cost as the cycle should serve as replacements. For example Stinging Shot and Thornado are probably better off being replaced by some of the 2 cmc cards I just listed like Aggressive Urge, purely because in that case you're getting an effect and a card instead of just paying 2 to draw a card.
Gnarlback Rhino and Veil of Summer also have the potential to net you a card on another player's turn, with Veil being a good card all around and giving you some much needed stack interaction to get around enemy counters.
8 months ago
- Card draw:
- Sylvan Library : Card draw.
- Elvish Visionary : Cheap, cantrip, shaman.
- Mosswort Bridge : Pseudo cantrip.
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip : Pseudo cantrip. Flip = better Gaea's Cradle.
- Blighted Woodland : Comes into play untapped. Ramp card mid-lategame.
- Path of Ancestry : Potential card filter.
- Strip Mine : Utility land.
- Gingerbread Cabin : Forest with minor upside. No reason not to play it in mono green.
- Fauna Shaman : Tutor, shaman.
- Noxious Revival : Manaless. Allows another shot for wincons.
- Scavenging Ooze : Manasink. graveyard disruption.
- Card draw:
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary : Card draw.
- Beast Whisperer : Green conditional card draw.
- Guardian Project : Green conditional card draw.
- Runic Armasaur : Card draw (meta dependent).
- Compost : Card draw (meta dependent).
- Sakura-Tribe Scout : Early game shaman. Mana acceleration.
- Genesis Wave : Pseudo card advantage.
- Arch of Orazca : Card draw.
- Win more:
- Myojin of Life's Web : Too expensive. Very likely that you do not have enough cards in hand to make this worthwhile lategame.
- Patron of the Orochi : Quest for Renewal is cheaper.
- Gigantomancer : Cute, but 8 mana is too much for this kind of effect.
- Archetype of Endurance : Win more card. No real synergy. Asceticism Is better (although also not recommended).
- Trolls of Tel-Jilad : This is a bad card.
- Soul of the Harvest : Beast Whisperer / Guardian Project, cheaper. Almost same effect.
- Sakiko, Mother of Summer : Too expensive. Doesn't do enough for mana cost.
- Sage of Ancient Lore Flip : Very likely that you do not have enough cards in hand to make this worthwhile mid-lategame.
- Wildheart Invoker : This is a bad card.
- Sakura-Tribe Springcaller : This is a bad card.
- Loaming Shaman : Not enough card draw that allows you to get your desired cards in you hand.
- Essence Warden : This is a bad card.
- Vines of Vastwood : Very situational card.
- Squall Line : Not very good card. Situational.
- Krosan Grip : Expensive situational removal.
- Gilded Lotus : Unnecessary ramp.
- Tranquil Grove : Unless your meta plays a lot of enchantments, not really necessary. Otherwise, recommmend Back to Nature instead.
- Beastmaster Ascension : Your creatures are not big enough for this to work consistently.
- Spidersilk Armor: No tutors, not enough card draw to obtain it. Unreliable flyer prevention. Silklash Spider Will hold off flyers with tutors.
Staple cards are cards I recommend obtaining and using, since they are almost always good cards to have in any green deck. The rest is up to preference and should be taken with a grain of salt. I hope I could be of some use to you.
9 months ago
I am absolutely delighted by your comment and I am very honored to know it's your first deck. Thank you so much!!! <3
1) Kogla, the Titan Ape + Hyrax Tower Scout are absolutely perfect replacements, also opens lines up with Eternal Witness for Benefactor's Draught/Vitalize/Touch of Vitae (I'll address this one dw). I wouldn't say slower, since we can actually tutor it whereas Cloudstone Curio has to be drawn or topped off with Genesis Hydra.
2) Heartwood Storyteller has been quite the critical piece, however, I can see it being replaced by Ohran Frostfang, though I were leaning a little into the top-heavy side with this build. I hope your meta isn't too fast as this deck falls by the wayside in T4 metas. As for Touch of Vitae, this is a bit of a lynchpin of sorts as haste the MAIN reason we run it, it ensures that the dork we brought out can actually be used and to win... with an untap. I wouldn't compromise on this card, if it's too difficult for you to obtain add my discord I might be able to help you out. (Inkmoth#4507)
3) Glademuse should be played:
- When you can guarantee 1-2 draws on the rotation you drop it,
- Early on, as most decks are in set up.
- Outlet; try to seal your loops with Prowling Serpopard or bouncing the muse if better outlet achieved
- This one applies to Heartwood Storyteller as well: right before a combo player is going to try to win. i.e resp to Ad Nauseam. We want to give our opponents cards in these situations. The more of the deck we see the easier it becomes to set up lines.
- This is more of practice makes perfect bullet, but the MORE your familiarize yourself with the deck you'll see how giving your opponents cards is meaningless if you can win on top of their wincons. So if you see a line don't jam it out, just wait till the last possible moment.
On discord I would be more than happy to discuss your meta to better assess Glademuse timing
- Castle Garenbrig: Run it, doesn't hurt. I'll slot it in! Thank you! :)
- Vivien, Monsters' Advocate: Same reason we don't run Vizier of the Menagerie, except it costs 5, it's sorc speed, it's random and we don't manipulate the top of the deck too much.
- Nylea, Keen-Eyed: I love it, haven't found a slot for it though. Maybe if Glademuse is that much of an issue this can be your outlet... though drawing is substantially stronger.
11 months ago
Note that after drawing your deck you will have some combination of Mobilize, Vitalize, and Benefactor's Draught. Playing all of the one-drops (and other low-cost minions) can help get you the mana to start going infinte.
Gilt-Leaf Archdruid is a good first option, taking your opponents lands removes most of their options
Helix pinacle is noteable (you can max out to win by your next upkeep if everything else goes wrong)
We can pump up our creatures using Leyline of Abundance, giving creatures infinite +1 +1 counters
Craterhoof Behemoth is the only card we have with haste, but it shouldnt matter as they wont have lands (Gilt-Leaf Archdruid), creatures (Thorn Mammoth + Vigor), artifacts or enchantments (Acidic Slime + Temur Sabertooth)