|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Saviors of Kamigawa (SOK)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Snake Shaman Scout
Tap: You may put a land card from your hand into play.
Sakura-Tribe Scout Discussion
11 hours ago
This is a somewhat strange request. The interaction between Dakmor Salvage and The Gitrog Monster is extremely strong, and very cheap monetarily. You should consider running a couple dredge cards for value anyways, as hitting 2-3 extra draws off a dredge is an easy and once again cheap monetarily way to get ahead in card advantage.
To humor you though, here's what I'd probably run.
- The full suite of 1 drop mana dorks Arbor Elf Llanowar Elves Fyndhorn Elves Birds of Paradise etc. etc. and some big dorks like Priest of Titania
- Cards that let me put extra lands into play for more landfall triggers Sakura-Tribe Scout Skyshroud Ranger Azusa, Lost but Seeking Explore Exploration Burgeoning maybe even Walking Atlas
- Cards that let me turn lands into effects or otherwise graveyard the lands Sylvan Safekeeper Constant Mists Crop Rotation Elvish Reclaimer Edge of Autumn Lotus Field Forbidden Ritual Reprocess Harrow
- Cards that love lands entering battlefield or graveyard Terravore Titania, Protector of Argoth Avenger of Zendikar Rampaging Baloths Undergrowth Champion Lotus Cobra
- Symmetrical black land hate cards that I can break parity on with Gitrog draws and recursion Smallpox Pox Death Cloud Desolation
- Recursion effects for all these land sacs Life from the Loam Groundskeeper Crucible of Worlds Ramunap Excavator
- Cards that go with my board hate subtheme here Torment of Hailfire Oppression Necrogen Mists Bottomless Pit Bane of Progress Back to Nature Black Sun's Zenith Damnation Root Maze Caustic Caterpillar
- Finishers if you don't want to combo, like Beastmaster Ascension Genesis Wave Craterhoof Behemoth Overrun Overwhelming Stampede
And from there, round it out with some efficient early game beaters, some spot removal, land ramp, and a bit of card draw.
3 days ago
You might consider Key to the City as a way to throw away dead sorcery spells to find more action. And if you can make unblockable creatures, Primal Bellow , Timbermaw Larva and Blanchwood Armor would close out a game quickly.
This would take some of the focus away from wolves, and more on to the "number of forests" part of Howl of the Night Pack . I'm not sure that's any better.
5 days ago
DoWell So Rofellos is banned in duel ONLY as Commander, not as card.
Artifacts are bad for yisan, you don't have time for higher CMC mana artifacts and low mana cost artifacts are mostly banned or bad.
I play best mana dorks. So as 1 CMC you can have Skyshroud Ranger , but i don't like his sorcery speed. Higher mana cost mana elves you really want to play just best ones.
Show me some good results in tournaments with 30 lands and i will take it seriously, but i think that is just can't work with regular mulligan. Yisan is played for his consistency and you don't want to ruin it because of multiple mana screws... I didn't see any competitive Yisan deck with less than 38 lands. They usually play 39-40.
1 week ago
1 week ago
Made some changes based on your suggestions, let me know what you think. Longish read condensed.
Argothian Wurm : Early game goodness, late game could slow us down facing certain decks that can abuse lands.
Naya's Charm: I have mixed feelings about. 3dmg to creature only feels like a waste. Returning a card from the yard could prove useful if commander tax adds up. Lastly and most used is clearing a path to swing. Should this slot be filled with a better removal spell, or is there worth I'm missing here?
Lurking Predators : Our new commander has a similar ability that's less annoying. Also its not a 'May' trigger so we could potentially be forced into casting our deck into a wipe.
Mayael's Aria : There's no other counter synergy in the deck, but bigger is always better. Surprise wincon? Slot in something better?
Garruk, Primal Hunter vs Vivien Reid : One or both? Garruk protects himself on the ground, draws cards, and makes a mess of Wurms. Vivian finds critters, destroys flyers (glaring weakness in the deck), and an emblem to boost our field. Both technically have the same turn clock to go off except Garruk can be used as a 5cmc one shot draw spell, whereas vivian can minus and have points remaining.
Something else I've been mulling over is what to replace these last 2/3 with... as they are no longer as useful, at least not all of them. Piper may have a use to stay being: a) it's a creature that can be egged, and b) with a haste enabler out it can be 5cmc for 2 creatures.
Belbe's Portal : 8cmc(5/t:3) investment for 1 creature limited to type.
Quicksilver Amulet : 8cmc (4/t:4) investment for 1 creature
Elvish Piper : still may have it's uses. 5cmc (4/t:1) investment, haste enabler preferred prior to casting.
1 week ago
I too am I big fan of lands matters decks. I like your reasoning for wingrace over gitrog and completely agree with you.
I’ll put my feedback into some panels to make it look nicer.
Nice deck. Have a +1
2 weeks ago
RNR_Gaming I’m thinking that Retreat to Coralhelm would be a cheaper alternative to Intruder Alarm . The Sakura-Tribe Scout would untado because of the land it puts into play due to Retreat to Coralhelm , so the infinite would still work. What cards do you recommend I take out tho?
2 weeks ago
Sakura-Tribe Scout occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.05%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%