Back:Terror of Kruin Pass
Creature — Human Rogue Werewolf
At the beginning of each upkeep, if no spells were cast last turn, transform Kruin Outlaw.
|Want (2)||SerenityF3 , Cool_Cat|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Kruin Outlaw Discussion
4 months ago
consider dropping 2 Geier Reach Bandit Flip for 2 Hermit of the Natterknolls Flip, get extra card draw without flooding yourself with too many cards that transform your wolves, since they dont stack. Else, you could instead add 2 Cindervines to deal damage and destroy something important in a pinch.
4 months ago
If you use Moonmist , id recommend removing Shrill Howler Flip and Kessig Prowler Flip. eldrazi wolves are cool but those arent really adding anything, and they arent humans so they wont transform under moonmist. you could replace them with Kruin Outlaw Flip and Instigator Gang Flip maybe. if you want to keep creating tokens, try Mayor of Avabruck Flip
10 months ago
I haven't run this through any playtests, but at first glance, it seems to have a decent curve, some interaction / protection, and several anthem effects. Can you give more of an idea of what makes it feel like something's missing? Are you running into snags while playtesting?
Otherwise, just a couple general comments: I feel like Lambholt Elder Flip and Mondronen Shaman Flip are a bit weak. I'd replace them with a stronger creature (see below). And while I like the transformed side of Kruin Outlaw Flip giving menace to all your dudes, that double red worries me. Have you had trouble casting it on T3? I also don't know if I'm a fan of Instigator Gang Flip. Maybe I'd feel differently if I playtested it, but +1 to attackers seems low impact for 4 CMC. Sure, you get +3 at some point, but I'd evaluate it more on its front face.
If you were to cut any of those (potentially up to 9), here's some possible additions:
As a 4 CMC replacement for Instigator Gang, Nightpack Ambusher is both an offensive and defensive buff, and its flash speed allows it to be a combat trick as well as allowing you to better control which turn spells are played on for transform. Finally, it can generate you some bodies.
For similar reasons, Spirit of the Hunt can be a good 3 CMC replacement.
Speaking of 3 CMC, not a creature but Howlpack Resurgence is strong. Again with the flash, but in addition to the buff, you get trample, which can be really important in some matchups.
Speaking of trample, Waxing Moon is another way to get it. This might be better as a sideboard card, though, if you ever end up adding one.
And lastly, speaking of a sideboard, Silverfur Partisan might be good against certain matchups that want to one-for-one your creatures with kill/bounce effects. Full on hexproof would be better, but this at least makes the transaction more in your favor.
Finally, as an upgrade to the manabase, I'd replace Kazandu Refuge with one that doesn't enter tapped. Lots of options to choose from, but some of the better ones are Copperline Gorge, Fire-Lit Thicket (cheaper now thanks to its Double Masters reprint!), Grove of the Burnwillows, and of course Stomping Ground. Any of those could replace Karplusan Forest as well.
Hope some of this helps! +1 from me.
1 year ago
Ash Zealot, Exava, Rakdos Blood Witch, Battle Brawler, Bloodmark Mentor, Goblin Spymaster, Grim Initiate, Kruin Outlaw Flip, Neheb, the Worthy, No-Dachi, Rakdos Ringleader, Rustrazor Butcher, Shinka, the Bloodsoaked Keep, Splatter Thug, Viridian Claw, and Zada's Commando are the ones worth maaayayybe considering. In my opinion. Budget-permitting, of course.
1 year ago
A15Life there are a lot of werewolf creatures with transform. In fact, the transform mechanic was created around werewolves. There's a shit-ton of werewolves with the transform mechanic:
And all of this is without mentioning all of the non-werewolf HUMAN creatures with the transform mechanic, and the card I created makes all humans werewolves too. So yeah, there's a bit of use for Autumn Moon's ability to make a werewolf transform.
1 year ago
I'll continue with the ones in the Innistrad block: Corpse Traders Deadeye Navigator Defy Death Angelic Overseer Alpha Brawl Afflicted Deserter Flip // Werewolf Ransacker Bloodline Keeper Flip // Lord of Lineage Harvester of Souls Grave Bramble Ghost Quarter Fiend of the Shadows Doomed Traveler Helvault Hinterland Hermit Flip // Hinterland Scourge Hunger of the Howlpack Hysterical Blindness Immerwolf Kruin Outlaw Flip // Terror of Kruin Pass Lunar Mystic Marrow Bats Midnight Duelist Misthollow Griffin Morkrut Banshee Paraselene Purify the Grave Rally the Peasants Tormented Pariah Flip// Rampaging Werewolf Screeching Bat Flip// Stalking Vampire Silverclaw Griffin Smite the Monstrous Sorin, Lord of Innistrad Traitorous Blood Treacherous Pit-Dweller Wakedancer Zealous Strike
Only on Transformed side: Bane of Hanweir Archdemon of Greed Gatstaf Howler Howlpack of Estwald Ironfang Krallenhorde Wantons Merciless Predator Ravager of the Fells Silverpelt Werewolf Tovolar's Magehunter Wildblood Pack
2 years ago
OK, let us see…
Land creature ratio:
- Try 22 Lands instead of 20 (trust me on this).
- 25 – 26 creatures are just fine.
- 12 – 13 spells.
- Replace Cinder Glade or Rootbound Crag with Game Trail (Since you are on a budget).
- 1x Kessig Wolf Run .
- Add 1x Forest or another Cinder Glade , Rootbound Crag , Game Trail or Kazandu Refuge .
- Daybreak Ranger Flip good card, but usually better as sideboard, whenever you face tons of flyers or when in need for extra removal. I would replace the whole set with Duskwatch Recruiter Flip, faster, cheaper (in both mana and dollars) and helps a lot to keep your hand and board full of wolves. Another budget replacement, could be Gatstaf Shepherd Flip, same cmc, goes for like 20 cents the copy and has intimidate.
- Geier Reach Bandit Flip another pretty good card, but I would just main 2 copies, more than that is usually not great, and this opens space to great finishers like Kruin Outlaw Flip.
- You have a ton of “Lord Effects”, so Reckless Waif Flip might be a good addition, since she has better body than Village Messenger Flip. Maybe tun a mix of both? Also could replace some Bandits to make the deck more aggro.
- Now about Silverfur Partisan . Most people think that you need a bunch of instants to cast on it yourself to justify its inclusion. WRONG! Even though that is a way to make it work, and even thought there a couple of cool combos with Zada, Hedron Grinder , it is not its main role. While in play, the partisan gives you a wolf for EVERY TARGETED WOLF OR WEREWOLF, which means that for every removal spell they cast on your creatures, you get a free replacement, which is great against some heavy removal decks. Remember that Werewolves have 3 main weak points, fliers, removal and mass removal. A great side board card.
- Magma Jet is not good here. I get the scry thing and all, but damage is more important for wolves. The obvious is Lightning Bolt , but usually with the money of just one copy, you can get 4x Lightning Strike or Incinerate or even something like Arc Trail (not recommended).
- Rabid Bite this is a terrible, ugly, and horrible card. Never ever use it! Try Pounce instead.
Hope this helps! Be kind and have fun.
2 years ago
There are so many good werewolves in OG innistrad block. here are some that are really strong, if you do ever feel like buying cards i guess: