|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masterpiece Series: Kaladesh Inventions (MPS)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Imprint - When Extraplanar Lens enters the battlefield, you may remove target land you control from the game. (The removed card is imprinted on this artifact.)
Whenever a land with the same name as the imprinted card is tapped for mana, its controller adds one mana to his or her mana pool of any type that land produced.
Extraplanar Lens Discussion
1 week ago
1 week ago
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
King_C_Waffa Thank you for your input! You're correct in assuming I'm pretty new to cEDH, although I have probably 7 other decks IRL that already have all snow lands and Extraplanar Lens . I don't feel it's necessary for this deck though. I don't play EDH competitively very often because in my area all the cEDH players are insufferable assholes, plus I tend to play more for fun usually. However, I just had to take a stab at this deck. So let's get down to the suggestions:
- Intuition is great. I knew it felt like I was missing some powerful tutor. It is definitely being added.
- Paradigm Shift seemed decent, which was why it was in the maybeboard, but I've had a day to think about it and I agree it should be in here.
- I'm not sure I need Windfall . I did consider it, but I think most of the time Tolarian Winds is going to be better since the odds are that I won't draw it until I'm comboing off anyway.
- I have multiple back up win conditions in the deck already, and although I was being cute with the Charbelcher combo with Dramatic Reversal + Isochron Scepter I'll probably swap that over to an Aetherflux Reservoir . Paradox Engine might find its way in
- Panharmonicon is in because I have a strong feeling I'll need to rebuild many times, and this helps me do so. But you know what? Let's go more defensive. This is going to be a Defense Grid .
- Mox Amber is terrible in commander, usually. I play it none of my other decks. I think it's perfectly fine in this deck since I'm only trying to get to 6 mana and Fblthp should be in play most of the time.
- Daze is probably fine to cut, I agree.
- I also do not know what the point of Paradoxical Outcome was. When I built this list at work, I first settled on a number of lands to run and then all I did was add cards until I had exactly 100, and the maybeboard cards on here were all cards I thought of afterward. Up until now, I haven't touched the list since I made it. I think I had some dumb idea with it originally but never followed up with whatever it was, so yeah it needs to change.
So all in all, I think the current changes are as follows:
2 weeks ago
Hey GHOST_SCKOPE, great deck! Looks like you're going with a lifegain/token/boardwipe theme, right? I've got an Odric, Master Tactician deck that runs in a similar fashion. You might want to consider his inclusion, since he is a soldier, and his ability to choose blockers can be incredibly advantageous.
Eldrazi Monument seems like a solid addition as well, provided you have enough fodder for the cost each turn. Akroma's Memorial is another option for beefing up your dudes. With all of the token generation, you may want to include Divine Visitation , because 4/4 flying angels are better than 1/1 walking soldiers. Hero of Bladehold gets pretty out of control if none of you opponents take care of her quickly either. May be worth the consideration. I've found that Evangel of Heliod can be amazing for creating tokens when you have enough white devotion. If you like soldier tokens, Brimaz, King of Oreskos is great for making them. They may be cat soldiers, but I don't discriminate. If going wide is your strategy for success Crusader of Odric is a good backup plan, since it'll likely be pumped up with all of your other tokens. I see you have the Soul Sisters in the deck, as well as some others that are similar. Have you considered adding Anointer Priest ? Sure, it only counts for tokens, but that doesn't seem like it'd be an issue in this deck.
I'm not seeing a Mirror Entity in your list, which is a great addition to a lot of these kinds of decks. Might want to consider finding a slot for him. Card draw can end up being an issue for me in mono-white. Have you thought about including cards like Slate of Ancestry and Alhammarret's Archive ?
How is your mana base treating you? I usually play with fewer lands than I should, so I make excellent usage of cards like Land Tax and Sword of the Animist . I see you have Knight of the White Orchid , but that may not always cut it. On the subject of mana, Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx is, in my humble opinion, an excellent card for almost any mono-colored deck. I see you have the Caged Sun in the deck. If you were interested in including backups, you could add the Gauntlet of Power , and the Extraplanar Lens , as well as Doubling Cube . Mana for daaaaays!
The last suggestion for a possible addition would be Evra, Halcyon Witness . The card is great for swapping your life total with its power to kill an opponent, if your life total is high enough. I know it doesn't really fit the rest of the deck, but the life total trick is worth it when it gets pulled off. Overall it seems like a really fun deck to play! Hope the suggestions help out!
2 weeks ago
Heartless Summoning also seems very off with your current list. There is nothing to really abuse with it, and getting a Korlash, Heir to Blackblade out a turn early definitely doesn't seem to be worth the drawback
On a positive note, Lashwrithe could be good here,
3 weeks ago
5hadao: I ran Extraplanar Lens a long time ago, and it was actually the original reason for running the Snow-Covered Mountains before I found Glacial Crevasses . At the time I was only a few months into my current playgroup, and I think Lens used to be a lot more popular among them, so it was hated on really hard. I think just before I took it out I had a string of 3 or 4 instances of casting it and having it immediately removed, so I gave upon running it. Depending on how harsh a certain meta is towards artifacts I would definitely consider it a worthy ramp card to run, more than the more traditional Caged Sun and Gauntlet of Power even.
3 weeks ago
I’m currently updating my Krenko, Mob Boss goblin deck to include both of the above... it is fairly linear like u say but in its defence..lol... it’s really fun to krenko out the goblins and swarm the feild... I’ve had 100goblins on turn 5 and won :) with a Goblin War Strike
Extraplanar Lens occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%