Imprint - When Extraplanar Lens enters the battlefield, you may remove target land you control from the game. (The removed card is imprinted on this artifact.)
Whenever a land with the same name as the imprinted card is tapped for mana, its controller adds one mana to his or her mana pool of any type that land produced.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Extraplanar Lens Discussion
2 days ago
Thanks for taking a look Daedalus19876 I'll be making a few changes based on your suggestions, first is Mother of Runes is now in the deck, originally I misunderstood what she did but she has now earned a spot.
Also Scroll Rack I didn't really know how to use it properly (I'd always put something on top that I wanted and accidentally tutored and shuffled it away and other various misplays) but after reading through your primer it's an auto-include for the scroll rack + land tax combo.
Most mana doublers I've tried but found they slowed me down in the past, this deck has evolved so much however so maybe Caged Sun might help. Extraplanar Lens in my meta isn't run because it's a huge target (mainly for personal reasons, I'll just say when any of my friends play it I destroyed it so they'd also be down a land and now they seek revenge.) Had to cut it from my colorless wastes deck for that reason lol.
As for the lands I've just been testing I change between 34 to 37 lands all the time since the land base is one of my biggest weakness when deck building.
I cut Haunted Cloak and am thinking about cutting Helm of Kaldra. I only keep the helm for the off chance I have the other two pieces (or Stonehewer Giant since I'll search for both those pieces anyway) and will tutor it for an indestructible 9/9 that can't be Gilded Drake'd or Toxic Deluge'd but on it's own it's kind of a dead card. What do you think?
Duelist's Heritage and Silverblade Paladin would love a spot, I'm just bad at making cuts. I can think of one card I could cut but I don't know which to add both Silverblade Paladin can beat down on his own but if I don't have another creature he's a 2/2 and is more susceptible to removal but can be recurred with both Emeria, The Sky Ruin AND Sun Titan. Duelist's Heritage seems like the stronger of the two can be tutored with Enlightened Tutor and if I understand it correctly I can give an opponents creature double strike if they hit an opponent?? Only down side I can think of is Sword of War and Peace and Etched Champion.
Again thank you for the kind words and suggestions, I previously skimmed through your primer when building this but finally fully read it ;)
3 days ago
cracks knuckles This should be fun! :)
One of the first EDH decks I ever played against was a Kemba voltron deck, and my pet deck has been my Judgment Day: Avacyn the Purifier EDH | *PRIMER* voltron list (which also might give you some ideas). There's a beauty in simplicity inherent in Voltron strategies. With some experience with Voltron, here are my thoughts on your list:
1) Generally speaking, it does work better to whack people with your commander, just to take advantage of that handy commander damage rule. But I understand that your non-reliance on your commander is the unique thing about this deck, so I won't suggest swapping commanders. That being said, I would test a few games with Sram at the helm, because he's one heck of a drug in this kind of deck ;)
2) Your creature base looks fine. The only major omission I see is the lack of Mother of Runes here. Ranger of Eos and Recruiter of the Guard can also be great tutors. And Silverblade Paladin is great for getting in faster damage and giving doubled Swords triggers...
6) With an average CMC of 3.4, I personally would not dare play as low as 34 lands (Maze of Ith doesn't count because it does not produce mana).
7) I would take a look through your equipment and cut the lower-impact ones. In any deck planning to win via combat damage, every single card needs to have a major impact when it hits the board. I've never found Deathrender or Haunted Cloak to do enough to justify their inclusion in my decks.
8) Double strike is your best friend in aggressive decks. I am currently loving Duelist's Heritage (though many of the best options are in boros colors alas).
9) Your primer seems like a good start! :)
4 days ago
Ramp is always a problem in blue. I am mainly a player. So this is a little out of comfort.
But yes Land Tax is great for ramp. Extraplanar Lens will be going in to this deck for the ramp. Without the ramp is hard to do that's why I put in all of the mana rocks and trying to make everything cheaper. Suggestions are always welcome. I will test the deck this way and see what to take out.
4 days ago
1 week ago
Nice deck!! Any reason you don't run Temporal Extortion? Also, I'm a huge fan of Nether Void and Liliana of the Dark Realms. Liliana netting you a swamp every turn feels great, getting her ultimate is backbreaking.
Also, Tangle Wire, Crawlspace, and Static Orb seem to work well with your strategy. The Orb is really great when you have the Coffers, Urborg, and Sol Ring/Mana Crypt setup. It scores you a really solid board.
1 week ago
1 week ago
I used to play with this Commander in this past. What this guy needs is a great amount of mana to be really functional in EDH multiplayer.
I would advise you to get more mana ramp/rocks aboard.
Endless Horizons is tricky and could easily backfire if your meta is removal heavy.