|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Urza's Destiny (UDS)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Will Lethal Vapors trigger occur when it is brought into play via Replenish, alongside Humility and Opalescence?
- Replenish and Shroud
- Starfield of Nyx interaction with Grafdigger's Cage
- can i use replenish to bring back animate dead and enchant a creature in the graveyard?
- when an enchantment aura is returned to the battlefield, does it return to a target?
Return all enchantment cards from your graveyard to play. (Auras with nothing to enchant remain in your graveyard.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (7)||angesoir , Randomdeath , CampbellStev , , westdoorblowsnow , Kimimaro , Justinaut|
|Want (21)||The_Besticle , BringerOfStorms , bigkahuna360 , jamesesdad , jacokotze , RedZebra , Abijoe , http404error , TheBl0b , adb_slayer , Wiggins , Va1mar , Big-Foot , chris1jones2 , Love-in-Theory , chucklebot , dactheking , Bull_Kai , meecht , spentbullets , Greenshockwave|
11 hours ago
Well, that has little to do with this deck (refraining from irrelevant topics is usual), but to entertain the thought of Dakkon Blackblade as an alternative to Chromium, the Mutable, then you have the problem of him not being very effective to any form of removal or sweepers or blockers.
Onto building Chromium, the Mutable to put a lot of lands into play, we could run Land Tax, Walking Ballista, Crucible of Worlds, Tithe, Gift of Estates, Sword of the Animist, and a bunch of sub-par ramp compared to our artifacts, just to pump up a Blackblade Reforged, or we can run a Cranial Plating to synergize with the artifact ramp we already run, take you pick!
1 day ago
2 days ago
DrkNinja: Those are some amazing recommendations. I do want to know which cards you feel are the best to cut for some of these as I'm new to voltron. I ran a bunch of control creatures to kind of help maintain a board state in my meta which is usually 1v1 or 3 player. I own everything you mentioned bar Replenish, Scourglass, Leonin Abunas, and Spirit Loop.
2 days ago
You almost have all the forms of Nahiri!
Also I think in a voltron deck you should have fewer quantity of creatures and more quality creatures. For instance run 8 REALLY good creatures that can be voltron'd or help you voltron vs. 20 creatures that are good in white but not specifically voltron.
Here are a few cards I play in my voltron deck Samurai From The Past! that I think will be of some service too you:
- Spectra Ward: Great card, does a LOT
- Armored Ascension: You only play plains, why not?
- Gift of Immortality: If you are trying to get commander damage across this is a great, otherwise its decent
- Spirit Loop: This may read like lifelink, but it is not lifelink, so you would be able to gain double the life if a creature with lifelink and spirit loop deals damage.
- Remember the Fallen: Solid recursion
- Open the Vaults: Great to bring your stuff back and isn't as expensive as Replenish
- Open the Armory: Great tutor for enchantment or equipment without the pricetag of Enlightened Tutor
- Ajani Steadfast: His +1 is great for Voltron, his -2 is meh, and his ult is great.
- Dispatch: Another path for this deck
- Vedalken Orrery: You always want to be able to play cards at instant speed, as it gives you more control of what happens to the board, specifically your board.
- Scourglass: this deals with problems and keeps all your equipment around to reequip
- Loxodon Warhammer: One of the best non-sword voltron pieces
- Argentum Armor: With the likes of Caged Sun and Extraplanar Lens, you have plenty of mana and you can just go in with a big dude and blow up people's stuff
- Basilisk Collar: Don't underestimate this card, it's so good.
- Magus of the Tabernacle: This is in my Konda Voltron deck (Samurai From The Past! Check it out please!), and it puts a huge strain on go wide strategies and makes players very carefully assess what they want to do in their turn. Either they pay the to keep their 5 creatures or they play a spell, while you are just going to pay the for whatever creature you have Voltron'd
- Leonin Abunas: Great to help deal with people picking apart your assembled voltron creature
- Leonin Shikari: Again instant speed is always a big deal, combat tricks and what not.
5 days ago
I specifically meant Sen Triplets, not Sharuum the Hegemon (the real artifact esper commander of choice other than Sydri, Galvanic Genius), in fact now that I think about it, Sen Triplets sucks as an esper artifact commander, and also Celestial Dawn isn't exactly an artifact combo.
Exquisite Blood and Sanguine Bond are enchantments, so they can be Replenished/Open the Vaultsed back with ease after a Tunnel Vision/Traumatize, and the fact they need lifeloss is easy with an unblockable hexproof commander. Neither of your "combos" win the game, let alone can be Replenished.
Celestial Dawn + Caged Sun = Double you land mana, and give it perfect fixing, minus Ancient Tomb, which now only receives fixing, and Boseiju, Who Shelters All doesn't protect you stuff, ad your artifact mana is kind of sucky now.
See what happened, a 9 mana two card combo did worse than a Mirari's Wake, which is another way of saying it sucks, together. On their own, Caged Sun does very little ramping, and it outclassed by Thran Dynamo/Gilded Lotus most of the time, which I could make an argument that they were bad, and Celestial Dawn is even worse, with this deck already having an incredibly powerful landbase, it un-ramps you with Ancient Tomb and Boseiju, Who Shelters All sucks now.
Onto the next "combo:" This one you were kind enough to even put a reason for:
Okay, Mycosynth Lattice + Unwinding Clock untaps all of your permanents (lands, artifacts and creatures mostly), along with fixing each players mana perfectly, and leaving you open to a blowout with Hellkite Tyrant, By Force, Vandalblast or Shattering Spree.
Okay, so tons of value? I mean it has a major couple of downsides, this deck is fine on its own fixing, and it fixes for all of your opponents? it is 10 mana, and can't be cheated out by Replenish, so it comes late in the game, and your opponents can probably tutor a Vandalblast up be now, so tons of value? Lets, see, if we untap every one of our permanents, every turn, what ways do we have to abuse the excess of mana? 8 things, of which 5 are instants (Cyclonic Rift, Dark Ritual, Enlightened Tutor, Mystical Tutor, and Vampiric Tutor), we can also move around Felidar Umbra a lot, activate Nomad Mythmaker, or Flickerform a little bit.
Well, yeah, and the cards are bad on their own, so it is a trash combo in this deck, despite what you said.
6 days ago
If Replenish, were to be removed. It should take it down to the allotted budget.
1 week ago
This deck I feel would much rather not shuffle the whole graveyard into it's deck. Stream of Consciousness works out pretty well in that way.
Final point: Effects like Time Sieve have little application in this deck. Time Warp would be much better, as would most effects in that realm. Sacrificing 5 artifacts is almost back-breaking for this deck, and even with an Open the Vaults in hand, you's have wasted a turn using it, which defeats the whole purpose.
1 week ago
iscottboy123, I cheat in Omniscience by discarding it and casting Replenish or Open the Vaults. Alternatively, you can run Academy Rector and some sort of sac outlet to cheat Omniscience in from your library.