Slaughter Pact is black.
Destroy target nonblack creature.
At the beginning of your next upkeep, pay (2)(Black). If you don't, you lose the game.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Slaughter Pact Discussion
6 days ago
Someting you could do is playing ramp things. Crypt Ghast, Extraplanar Lens+Snow-Covered Swamp or Heartless Summoning to get your demons much faster. Also Sorin's Vengeance would be a good finisher then.
Your discard plan is a little bit too far away from your plan to get out the deamons because you cant to both at the same time, discard is only good in early turns and in combination of early board presence from your side. You should keep things like Inquisition and Distress but not that much. You also need room to win the game. Maybe 4 Discard 4-6 removals/wipes the rest demons and ramp. But you have to test and look for yourself what you want to do with your deck.
i hope this helps.
1 week ago
Hey guys, I'm selling out of paper because I only play online. I'll provide free shipping in a toploader/PWE or tracked bubble mailer for orders over $40, or add $3.
All cards are from the set listed and are NM unless listed otherwise. These cards can also be found in my binder. Pics available upon request.
I will also be willing to lower the price further for buying whole playsets/multiple cards, so make an offer! Paypal only.
Anyways, here is what I have -
1x Boseiju, Who Shelters All - $14
4x Flooded Strand - $21.25ea
5x Flooded Strand - $12.25ea
4x Polluted Delta - $27ea
2x Polluted Delta - 15.75ea
5x Wooded Foothills $14.5ea
4x Windswept Heath $10.5ea
2x Marsh Flats $26.25ea
3x Hallowed Fountain $12ea
3x Watery Grave - $12ea
1x Steam Vents - $13
2x Steam Vents LP - 11.5ea
2x Temple Garden - $11ea
2x Sacred Foundry LP - $11.5ea
2x Overgrown Tomb $10.75ea
1x Blood Crypt - $10.75
1x Breeding Pool - $15
1x Godless Shrine $10.75
1x Stomping Ground - $14.25
4x Gemstone Mine - $5.75ea
4x Darkslick Shores $9.25ea
1x Mystic Gate - $16.5
1x Sunken Ruins - $13.75
1x Twilight Mire - $27.5
1x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth - $12
4x Tectonic Edge - $4/playset
8x Serum Visions - $8/playset
4x Ancestral Vision - $46.5ea
4x Path to Exile - $7.5ea
4x Angel's Grace - $5.75ea
4x Preordain - $5/playset
4x Sleight of Hand - $6.5ea
4x Spell Snare - $6ea
4x Inquisition of Kozilek - $5.25ea
4x Fatal Push - $7.25ea
4x Lightning Bolt - $7.75/playset
1x Surgical Extraction - $17.5ea
3x Spoils of the Vault - $10/set
2x Slaughter Pact - $6ea
1x Slaughter Pact LP - $5
4x Stoneforge Mystic $13ea
4x Wall of Omens - $5/playset
4x Snapcaster Mage - $38ea
2x Rest in Peace - $6ea
2x Stony Silence - $5ea
1x Life from the Loam - $16
1x Spellskite - $14.75
4x Phyrexian Unlife 7/playset
4x Simian Spirit Guide - $6.5ea
2x Vendilion Clique - $24.5ea
1x Crucible of Worlds - $52
4x Supreme Verdict 4.75ea
4x Cryptic Command - $26.5ea
2x Jace, Architect of Thought - $4/set
1x Damnation - $30
1x Damnation LP - $28
1x Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet - $12.5
1x Huntmaster of the Fells - $8
2x Baneslayer Angel - $6ea
1x Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir - $10.5
1x Tooth and Nail - $14.75
3 weeks ago
This will sound so weird, but the TheDuggernaught is spot on with his analysis and explanation. It also stops Affinity and if Iron-Works gets any better ~ it will stop that too.
Stubborn Denial on the other hand is just better as the game goes on. With cheap creatures such as Tasigur, the Golden Fang & Tarmogoyf ~ there are hardly any problems for the Ferocious activation. The best way to explain, for me is as such:
4 weeks ago
You definitely want some spot removal. However, it needs to be efficient, otherwise you'll end up wasting mana if you need to hold up lands in order to cast your removal during an opponent's turn. If you aggressively tutor for Murasa Pyromancer, then your blink effects can act as removal, but that still requires at least 6 mana to get the creature onboard.
Here's a list of removal spells that I like:
- Snuff Out: You never need to hardcast this. Being able to tap out and still kill a threat is awesome.
- Slaughter Pact: Kill a creature now, pay mana later? Sign me up!
- Swords to Plowshares: one of the best removal spells ever printed.
- Path to Exile: a worse version of Swords to Plowshares is still insanely good.
- Vendetta: It's Doom Blade, except you pay 1-7 life instead of an extra .
- Condemn: It's worse than Swords to Plowshares, but being able to remove a creature without letting it go to your opponent's graveyard (aka, their second hand) can be crucial.
- Prey Upon: This is pretty conditional, but if you consistently have big creatures onboard, then it's pretty mana-efficient.
- Pongify/Rapid Hybridization: Giving your opponent a 3/3 isn't really a big deal. Creatures get way too big in this format, and is way less than you should probably be paying for this effect.
- Go for the Throat: Kills more relevant creatures than Doom Blade, for the same price.
- Doom Blade: Kills things dead. Not hitting black creatures is a fairly large drawback, but as long as you're careful about how many "nonblack" removal spells you play, having a couple isn't an issue.
- Victim of Night: Vampires and Werewolves are basically non-entities in this format, so you basically only need to know that this card can't hit zombies. Given that 99.99% of zombies played in EDH are black, that means Victim of Night kills more relevant creatures than Doom Blade.
- Malicious Affliction: Doom Blade, except it can kill two creatures if you time it properly.
- Terminate: It's difficult to find a better removal spell than Terminate.
- Reprisal: I don't like this card, but it is cheap to acquire, so if you're operating more on a budget, Reprisal a reasonable choice.
- Dromoka's Command: Requires you to have a reasonable creature, but it's incredibly flexible.
- Reality Shift: Given how useless a single 2/2 is in EDH, Reality Shift basically reads "Exile target creature. Its controller draws a card about 20-50% of the time".
- Seal of Doom: This card requires some explanation. While it doesn't provide card advantage and it isn't as mana-efficient as Doom Blade, being able to pay for the card in advance is a reasonable tradeoff. However, the main reason I like this card is that it often discourages people from playing good targets for this spell (namely, dangerous creatures that threaten to take over the game).
- Beast Within: As with Rapid Hybridization and Pongify, a 3/3 isn't worth much in EDH. Being able to destroy any permanent is well worth the 3 mana spent on it.
- Crosis's Charm: Not the most efficient, but it is incredibly flexible.
- Sultai Charm: See above.
- Mortify: 3 mana is more than I want to spend when killing a creature, but being able to hit enchantments makes this card much more appealing.
- Putrefy: See above, but replace "enchantment" with "artifact".
- Anguished Unmaking: Nuke a permanent for almost no downside. What's not to love?
- Reckless Spite: Kills 2 creatures.
- Unmake: It's a little on the expensive side, but sometimes exiling is important.
- Silence the Believers: Having the option to Strive to hit multiple targets makes this card much more palatable. Silence the Believers isn't great, but it's useful.
Some of these cards might not be the easiest to acquire, especially if you're on a budget, but even the less expensive options are good cards.
1 month ago
Phyrexian Crusader just overperformed in testing. Together with Jace, Architect of Thought held off two Eternal Scourge getting looped with Relic of Progenitus from a skred deck then Jace ultimate FTW. Fends off Raging Ravine, Nahiri, the Harbinger, cuts through Lingering Souls tokens. Aside from Lightning Bolt & Path to Exile , dodges Terminate, Slaughter Pact, Doom Blade Victim of Night, Anger of the Gods... Gives you an out if opponent gets infinite life. Play 2 copies main or 4 sideboard. Not trying to win fast just buying time. My list: Modern VlaDimir Control
1 month ago
After some play testing, I removed Aetherflux Reservoir & Gutless Ghoul because they felt slightly off theme, and too much of a closed combo. In their place I added Temporal Extortion, Slaughter Pact. As well as putting Spawning Pit back in for more free sac outlets, as well as instant speed blockers, and Thief of Blood makes its way to back into the main board as an alternate win condition.
1 month ago
I'm not sure how you mean it, so I'm gonna take it both ways:
Misrey, Pact Maker
Legendary Creature - Spirit Advisor
~ has flying unless you control an untapped land.
: Search your library or graveyard for a card named Intervention Pact, Pact of Negation, Slaughter Pact, Pact of the Titan, or Summoner's Pact and put it into your hand. If you search your library this way, shuffle it.
You skip your upkeep step.
Anim the Perceiver
Legendary Enchantment Creature - Illusion Rogue
Players play with the top of their libraries and their hands revealed.
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, you may put the top card of that player's library into that player's graveyard. You may U/B (Dimir). If you do, repeat this process.
Up next, make a sorcery based off of hypnotism.