Threshold — Gain instead if seven or more cards are in your graveyard.
|Have (4)||, PostContact , abby315 , rockleemyhero|
Printings View all
|From the Vault: Lore (V16)||Mythic Rare|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Common|
|Torment (TOR)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Cabal Ritual occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%
UBR (Grixis): 0.55%
Cabal Ritual Discussion
1 week ago
Ah, I have piloted a mono-black discard deck for quite the number of years. I have Chainer, Dementia Master at the helm myself, as he is a rather powerful card when everyone's hands are empty, thus he reigns unanswered. Therefrom, a great amount of methods may be used to win.
Tinybones is less of a finisher itself, more so a value engine. As such, I would recommend possessing a lower curve to take advantage of the card draw and more potent finishers within the deck to hent for victory. Also, having card draw outside of the commander would grant a better backup plan. A discard deck's goal is to empty each opponent's hand and win by going unthreatened. If no players have cards to discard, Tinybones cannot provide draw.
The changes I would make are more instants so you kill things once they resolve as opposed to waiting a full turn, swifter discard in the early game to make your commander more effective, stronger finishers for the sake of ending the game betime, and just cutting some cards.
So, first, there are some things I would remove.
- Murderous Compulsion may go with the discard theme, but it's conditional removal at sorcery-speed.
- Bad Deal is ironically a bad deal, as it is six mana for two cards gone.
- Assassin's Strike is just egregious. A six-mana sorcery to kill one thing and they discard but one card. Begone.
- Unnerve is fine but not great. Being a one time effect at four mana, I dislike it, though Xantcha is a great character in the art.
- Haunting Hymn is six mana, which is far too late for discard effects to be effective. You want discard early, as it makes it far more difficult for decks to catch their footing.
- I have the same reason for Tasigur's Cruelty.
- Cabal Conditioning has an identical reason.
- I have a shortlist for this category, being creatures without long-game value; Burglar Rat, Liliana's Reaver, and Banshee of the Dread Choir have discard stapled to them, but don't do much else whilst lacking much in terms of evasion for Larceny.
- Scythe Specter is slow and other cards just do its job better, and Herald of Anguish is slow and lacks fodder for its second ability.
- Necrogen Spellbomb is just crap. Two mana for one card from a single player's hand is awful. Don't play this.
- Awaken the Erstwhile neglects the game plan of having more cards than your opponents whilst lacking the option of going back. I'd just add a stronger finisher.
Alright. With that out of the way, I may suggest other cards.
Upon card draw, you have none outside of the Trinket Thief, Rankle, and Geth's Grimoire. I'd add any of Phyrexian Arena, Sign in Blood, Underworld Connections, and Dread Presence. Necropotence may seem as if it negates the strategy, but it is always worth it.
Lightning Greaves just seem great.
Now, for the finishers I have many. Do note that these are meant to be played when people haven't any cards in hand, hence lacking answers for these once on the field. Sheoldred, the Whispering One grants value from each player's bin whiles eating at their board. Abhorrent Overlord offers a swarm of flyers to end the game. Grave Titan is much the same. Archfiend of Despair goes well with Tinybones's second ability. Though I am not too fond of it, Archfiend of Spite offers much. Geth, Lord of the Vault hents the opponent's graveyards to swarm the board. Kokusho, the Evening Star is a massive threat that harms upon death. Kothophed allows for a quite a bit of card draw. Lord of the Void is always fun. Lastly, Gray Merchant of Asphodel does so much every time it hits the field.
Of course, I'd add more ramp and reanimation. Mind Stone, Arcane Signet, Charcoal Diamond, and Lake of the Dead are great for ramp. Animate Dead, Reanimate, and Dread Return are fine ways to get stuff from anyone's yard, save for the Return.
That shall be all from me. Do enjoy your day!
1 week ago
Hey mate i really like the idea that you have here but I would add some rituals for the start of the game since your seems a bit slow on start like Culling the Weak, Cabal Ritual and maybe Bitter Ordeal to deal with some pesty cards in the deck of your opponents.
1 week ago
Great build. I do love a good reanimator deck, and this is top notch.
One slight problem is that Lotus Petal is restricted in the format, meaning only one copy is allowed in the entire deck+sideboard combined. The obvious replacements would be Mox Jet and Black Lotus, but their availability is...well, limited. I’d recommend filling the other 3 slots with Chrome Mox, Songs of the Damned, Cabal Ritual or some combination thereof. You should be more than covered for ramp with any of these.
1 month ago
What level do you want it? It looks 75% maximum to me in terms of competitiveness.
A competitive K'rrik often is a storm list, running out fast games and complex interaction and lines, so Dark Ritual, Cabal Ritual etc. The most common wincon is Doomsday lines, and the list is really tuned.
A semi-competitive version can be a stax or weaker storm list, but the midrange combat-oriented list you have can't get much higher than 80% max I think.
Also, I can get you a list of switches and most overpriced cards when I know what you are looking for.
Pushing it to 80% wouldn't be a backbreaking issue, for example more ramp and card draw and a lower curve can work easily to improve the win chances. If you want a different, more cruel version of K'rrik I can get you a list too!
1 month ago
My recommendations :
I think most people will tell you that Oloro offers little competitive advantage to you compared to other esper commander like Zur (who can fetch Necropotence into play) or even Aminatou (who is a combo piece in the command zone). I think upsides for Oloro would be that he can do larger ad nauseam and possibly can even run Humility which few decks can win while it is on the board.
MANA COST TOO HIGH
I would first add better ramp, better draw, potential Stax, tutors and then other win cons.
Verity Circle (good against dorks)
Plunge into Darkness (a good Impulse)
CONSULT COMBO Demonic Consultation
AD NAUSEAM COMBO Angel's Grace
Ad Nauseam (draw whole deck, can Windfall and make everyone die while AG means you can't lose
Heliod Walking Ballista
Rocks that produce at least three mana total (outlet is extort with blind obedience or crypt ghast) If have pristine Talisman gain infinite life, which is infinite draw with commander
Didn't look at landbase
3 months ago
Storm would be the only deck in the format with Dark Ritual and Cabal Ritual as commons and Tendrils of Agony as an uncommon. Then there are busted cantrips such as Brainstorm and Ponder that are commons. Good idea but you need a much bigger ban list and allow more points for each deck like 40.
3 months ago
So I'm very new here myself and I mostly play EDH (Commander), but I can help on formatting decklists.
- Rather sort your cards by cardtype or role in your deck
- Some of the card costs are not within the category (see Dark Ritual)
- Consider removal like Tragic Slip, Doom Blade, Go for the Throat and such
- Drawing cards is a great way to not miss any landdrops. Altar's Reap is my all time favorite for black decks, also Bloodgift Demon is a classy way to vibe with rats.
- Looking at Duress I had rats like Rotting Rats and Stronghold Rats in my mind. Sure the first make you discard too but if you want to let someone suffer a little that's a fine price to pay. Speaking of suffering, maybe Mindcrank might be your style
- Mana I can help with. Carddraw is always an indirect manafix but Cabal Ritual, Magus of the Coffers or even the famous Cabal Coffers directly tend to the problem. Hope I could help! I'll put some cards as suggestion :)
3 months ago
Yes, made a list lol. I did the math and I believe the listed cards for both Uros would be pretty balanced. About a dollar difference tilted your way.