Creature — Goblin Warrior
T: Lobber Crew deals 1 damage to each opponent.
Whenever you cast a multicolored spell, untap Lobber Crew.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Lobber Crew Discussion
3 months ago
I would say the biggest problem with this Rakdos, Lord of Riots build is the lack or cheap sources of early damage that cost no mana to activate by the time you have the needed to drop Rakdos, Lord of Riots. Rakdos Ickspitter, Spiteful Returned, Mardu Shadowspear, and Goblin Fireslinger are the only cards I see that guarantee damage assuming they have blockers. I would Up the count of cards that do this job to at least 10, If you do that you can afford to convert the rest of these dinky creatures to the Plethera of beat sticks that this guild has access to. Other worthwhile cards for this job are Cinder Pyromancer, Cunning Sparkmage, Dauthi Slayer, Goblin Arsonist, Honden of Infinite Rage, Lobber Crew, Mogg Fanatic, Nettle Drone, Goblin Sharpshooter, and Tunneling Geopede.
4 months ago
- Palace Siege (high cmc)
- Pestilence and Pyrohemia will easily be removed at the first board wipe, so I believe they aren't as good as you might think
- Grave Upheaval is outclassed by Torrent of Souls
- Skull Rend is fun, but I don't know if it's good enough.
- Urabrask the Hidden is expensive and I don't think you actually need him there
- Maga, Traitor to Mortals (I don't like it all that much... plus, the triple B cost could be bad)
- Most of the times, people will choose take damage from Combustible Gearhulk, so that you cannot draw cards. Even with Rakdos on the battlefield, that will probably still be the case, so the gearhulk is more useful if you fill your deck with reanimation options. It's a good card, but I don't know if it's all that useful here.
- I'm unsure about Lobber Crew too.
AS FOR THE MANA BASE:
- Too many ETB tapped lands in my opinion. They slow you down quite a bit for a deck that wishes to bring Rakdos to the table ASAP. Keep only the ones you actually need. Flamekin Village can be replaced by Hanweir Battlements. Smoldering Marsh isn't all that expensive and should work better than Rakdos Guildgate. Urborg Volcano is beautiful, but I say drop it. And Dragonskull Summit can replace one of your gainlands (I'd say Akoum Refuge since I like Bloodfell Caves). Spinerock Knoll can be quite interesting as well. Ancient Ziggurat is excellent in a creature-heavy deck. Rocky Tar Pit functions the same as an Evolving Wilds, but instead of ETB untapped -> sacrifice and put basic land tapped, it allows you to get an untapped land your next turn (meaning you could still draw a card first to see which color you will need).
- Prismatic Lens gives you an easy ramp and some color fixing when needed, and Talisman of Indulgence is great.
- Manaforge Cinder is good at color fixing as well.
- Rune-Scarred Demon, Sidisi, Undead Vizier and Dark Petition all seem great in a Rakdos Deck.
- You could also go for a classic Diabolic Tutor, Demonic Collusion or Increasing Ambition, but I think the three I suggested before would work better.
- Staff of Nin is almost auto-include. Even though it costs 6 mana, the tap->damage ability allows rakdos to be recast or, if he's in play, it gives you for your next creature spell.
- Read the Bones for the scry 2 + draw 2 is actually excellent.
5 months ago
Did you consider Lobber Crew? 3cmc untappable with your multicolored spells and hits every opponent.
6 months ago
I've a similar list myself
The Rakdrazi Threat
6 months ago
hmmm. well I suggest taking out Vandalblast and Ruination along with the Adaptive Automaton and Quest for Pure Flame as well as Skullclamp and all special lands, except Nykthos, and add in cards like Battle Hymn, Barrage of Expendables, Lobber Crew, Goblin Chariot, Goblin Piker, maybe Nobilis of War, Goblin Roughrider, Goblin Shortcutter, Krenko's Enforcer, Quest for the Goblin Lord, Goblin Berserker, Goblin Balloon Brigade, maybe Ember Hauler, maybe Goblinslide, Lavastep Raider, Berserkers' Onslaught. trust me on this, I am a goblin master. I know how goblins work and know what does and does not work with them depending on the battle plan they use. from what I see here you want your goblins to multiply like crazy as well a light burn (I can see it from the Impact Tremors and Outpost Siege) so by having goblins that are cheap Krenko will bring out more miniblins (1/1 goblin tokens) faster. I like your strategy of having him hold Umbral Mantle so he untaps himself after bringing out miniblins so you can retap him to get more. very clever. however you should take out Goblin Rabblemaster. with him out you will be forced to attack every turn which would kinda ruin your giant goblin army since most of them they would most likely die.
6 months ago
The flavour is on theme here: I recently started experimenting with Tunneling Geopede since it can attack and deal each opponent damage with every landdrop. Also, he is stronger for his cost than Lobber Crew - with my amount of draw I think I'd rather play him, but you should think about him, too. =)
9 months ago
I've been mulling a Rakdos build and I think you're too focused on what you'll be able to cast and not what you can cast. That's from looking at your cards, curve, and comment about it.
Rakdos is going to be magnet for removal, especially once your meta realizes that if he's off the field then you just twiddle your thumbs and pass. I'll recommend 3 overall changes: lower your curve, vary your win-cons, and choose cards that can continually help you.
On that last note: please please please lose Lightning Bolt and Rift Bolt. They're great in Modern but poor in EDH because 1 shot for 3 damage when you potentially have 120 life to drain is bad. How about Shepherd of Rot, Goblin Fireslinger, Plague Spitter, or Lobber Crew instead? Each can come down early and damage every turn thus always triggering Rakdos' ability.
To not be so dependent on Rakdos' mana generating lets add Burnished Hart, Solemn Simulacrum, Pilgrim's Eye, Crypt Ghast, and Wild-Field Scarecrow. Early game they'll make sure you find the colored mana you need, mid and late game their free casts that can also...
Burn. I'm going to suggest that you cut some of your vanilla fatties (cough Desolation Twin cough) for a few guys who make tokens. Like Emrakul's Hatcher, Rapacious One, etc. who when paired with cards like Impact Tremors and Purphoros, God of the Forge burn everyone and fuel Rakdos further.
Finally you need haste enablers for everyone constantly. Forerunner of Slaughter is meh, honestly, especially when alternatives like Fervor, Hysteria, Hammer of Purphoros, Ogre Battledriver, In the Web of War are just plain better (plus he doesn't have synergy with Rakdos).
Hope something in this book helps!
10 months ago
Lets start a riot I am using Rakdos, Lord of Riots as my commander I have 2 questions
1) does Rakdos's cost reduction count life lost before he was played like say if I use Lobber Crew to deal 4 damage and I play Rakdos off of this would my creatures cost 4 less or is it only life lost after he was played?
2) I am still always looking for more feedback for my deck if anyone has any ideas I have a few cards in my maybe pile but I am not sure if they would be worth using or not.thank you for your help <3